Crowns!

Thornieville

15 hours ago, Thornieville said:

Stuck on my last 7 crowns since sunday and havent seen anything in days.

So frustrating.... Sorry just had to vent. 

Anyone else going through a dry spell? 

Puki

Leguina 

B2 

Pink rath

Kirin

Dosha 

Black diablos

Is my bane right now. 

Pukei pukei, Legiana, Pink Rathian , B2 (?)

Mostly can be found with 4 other monster if not then try investigation for both small/ large gold crown

Kirin, Black Diablos gold crown can be found within investigation for both small/ largest gold crown.

Thats what i try so far. I have few investigation but still no crown. Might need try harder this time. ^_^

Edited by Rahman042

• 2 weeks later...

The first four can be obtained (increased chances) via ongoing events.

http://game.capcom.com/world/us/schedule.html

Match the monster up with the appropriate event for a much easier time. Of course, it's all luck so to save time, you should measure em out.

As for the latter three, good luck. All I can is to extensively read this post from the MHW subreddit:

• Like 3

as everyone else said the event quests for some of the monsters is the way to go. after that its all luck. im an old school player so i hunt and dont measure but to put it into perspective how bad it can get i got both small and big kirin after 33 hunts but it took me 180 to get vaal hazak.

• 6 months later...
On 9/3/2020 at 2:49 PM, Thornieville said:

Stuck on my last 7 crowns since sunday and havent seen anything in days.

So frustrating.... Sorry just had to vent. 

Anyone else going through a dry spell? 

Puki

Leguina 

B2 

Pink rath

Kirin

Dosha 

Black diablos

Is my bane right now. 

Hey mate. I'm currently measuring for crowns in investigations. If I assess the monster as a potential crown based on physical markers identified by Gaming with Abyss (check out those videos on YouTube), I progress with the investigation and send up an SOS so others can join. That's a really long way of saying, if you see an online investigation led by me (Chell_Clare), feel free to join because the chances are I'm going for a possible crown. I don't send up an SOS unless I think it might be one. No guarantees, but may help a bit. Visual assessment isn't 100% accurate, but it may lend a hand if you're still going for this. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i was left with big black diablos, little vaal hazak and big nergigante for months till the stars went straight and got the 3 in one day thanks to some people, but im still missing big kushala daora that little bitch dosent let me get a good measure in elder recess

Edited by Stevieboy

5 hours ago, BloddyNocturne said:

i was left with big black diablos, little vaal hazak and big nergigante for months till the stars went straight and got the 3 in one day thanks to some people, but im still missing big kushala daora that little bitch dosent let me get a good measure in elder recess

Hey, so I'm not sure which measurements you're using, but just in case this is helpful, I used the right side front leg while Kushala is sitting to measure. There is a smooth oval on that leg. If it's a large crown, the bottom of the oval should touch your hunter's head when Kushala exhales and there should be a gap between your head and the bottom of the oval when Kushala inhales. The measurement works in Elders Recess too (that's where I got my crown; non-tempered investigation with silver and gold rewards) but his 'wind shield' pushes you back a bit in Elders. That's still fine. Just get as close as you can and these measures still work. See video and timestamp for the point to measure.

I went through a fair few investigations...dropping in, measuring and leaving if not right. I fought three that looked marginal. The third was a crown so worth fighting if you're unsure. If nothing else, you can get a few investigations from fighting. I also picked up a few footprints each time I dropped in, even in the investigations I was going to leave, so not a total waste :) I hope that helps a bit.

1 minute 24: