This game is absolute rubbish.

Pandora Tomorrow is a nice game. I've played way worse. From what I remember, the only thing I hated about the game is how the controls changed a little. I got so accustomed to the original Splinter Cell controls that I accidentally started whistling in the dark all the damn time. Story is a little better than the first one.

On IGN's website, I rated all the games in the series (except Conviction because I don't have a 360).

Stealth Action Redefined (Xbox) I gave a 9.4 because of its stunning graphics and stealth gameplay.

Pandora Tomorrow (Xbox) I gave a 9.3 because I felt it was a little bit shorter than its predecessor, but I loved the tropical setting which was unique to the series.

Chaos Theory (Xbox) I gave a 9.6 because I felt the graphics were the best ever on the Xbox and I loved the stealth of now being able to sneak past 100% of enemies.

Double Agent (Xbox) I gave a 9.3. I thought it had the best musical score in the series (thanks to Michael McCann) but I was disappointed half the missions took place in the States. Side note: You can download the entire DA OST on McCann's personal website (behaviormusic.com) free of charge.

Double Agent (PS3) I gave a 7.9. I'm biased towards the Xbox version because I played it first, but aside from a few missions, I preferred the level design of missions from Xbox. Also, it just didn't feel like it was on the same page as the others.

Blacklist (PS3) I gave a 9.2. It would have been higher if the MP servers weren't crap and Michael Ironside voiced Sam. (Sorry, but Eric Johnson just doesn't cut it for me.) Other than that, it has extremely smooth controls and gameplay.

As to this topic on hand, I love the original SC trilogy so much so that I purchased the HD Collection via PSN a year ago when PS+ members got it discounted. The only two disappointments I have with the HD Collection is that Chaos Theory doesn't have co-op like the original Xbox version and that the first game doesn't have the DLC missions included. The added bonus of save anywhere anytime for the first two games was super sweet, though, rather than the checkpoint system utilized on Xbox.

Anyway, I absolutely love the SC franchise and as is the case with the first Mass Effect, I hope they eventually release Conviction on PS3 (or 4) in the future, no matter how bad people say it was.  :shakefist:

• Like 2

• 5 years later...
On 9/26/2013 at 1:22 AM, Pirelli913 said:

On IGN's website, I rated all the games in the series (except Conviction because I don't have a 360).

Anyway, I absolutely love the SC franchise and as is the case with the first Mass Effect, I hope they eventually release Conviction on PS3 (or 4) in the future, no matter how bad people say it was.  :shakefist:

Someone gave my initial post a like, so it brought me back to this thread. I've since played Conviction now, too, having bought a gaming PC earlier this year (2019). It's enjoyable and I was glad to hear Michael Ironside as Sam. I liked the level designs, too. But I hated that the game would go to black and white when in shadow and color when exposed. Also hated the night vision goggles despite letting the player see through walls. Finally, disliked that most if not all (don't remember) missions were in the US. I'd give it a 7.7 or 7.8.

• 3 years later...
On 26.09.2013 at 1:09 AM, C4M0-W0LF said:

because of the poor framerate

thank you for your post. i was afraid this is my PS3 malfunction, but apparently its just poorly optimised port

or maybe worse. SC1 dropping to 15-20fps can be called poor, but drops up to 5-10fps in SC2 is... something else

i dunno, i wish to have platinum completion of whole series, but thats just torture at this point.

also, whats truly bizzare is the fact that SC3 with superior graphics, optimised properly, actually. dropping to 25fps at worst. wtf

Edited by Voland44