Do you have a game you enjoy playing but not for the trophies?

BlackSquirrell1

Do you have a game you enjoy but not for the trophies?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. My fellow game players. Is there a game, popular or not, that you would keep playing even if it didn't have any trophies?

• Yes! I love trophies but this game is fun!
    • No! No trophies, no game!
    • What are trophies? I've never checked my profile!

Trophy hunters (or maybe a casual trophy hunter)!  Is there a game you'd play whether or not it has trophies?

Right not I'm really enjoying Stardew Valley.  Don't really care about the trophies, the game is just casual and a nice change.  First time I've tried a time management game.

What about you?

• Like 3

Sometimes sports games are my go to games if I don't care about getting trophies. I have got the plat in some of the MLB the Show games and have even played them after.

Battlefield 3 and 4 was like that. I'm not much of a MP person but I did enjoy them. I played a lot of BF4 MP before even getting serious to get the trophies.

• Like 3

Overwatch and Dead by Daylight mostly, but that's just cause I play them with my fiance so much. Even if they didn't add anymore trophies, I'd still play to collect the cosmetics.
Non-multiplayer related, I still play The Sims 4. I like to turn it on every once in a while to work on the not-so-berry legacy challenge.

• Like 1

I still play CoD4 Remastered occasionally. I loved the original when it came out, was my first FPS and I still played it for years after. I made some good friends over the years on that multiplayer and was so glad when I seen it was getting the remaster - with the multiplayer! 

I’m 10th Prestige on it and am going to stay at that badge because I love the original 10th ? if anyone on here fancies joining for some matches feel free to send me a request 

• Like 1

I play UFC 3 daily. It's the only game I play daily, and the second game I played after getting the platinum (first was MGSV, which is my favourite PS4 game). I love it so much, that I platinumed it a second time from scratch (for another account). When I got it back in June 2019, I absolutely hated it and regretted the purchase, because I got crushed online and couldn't figure out why (back then I didn't know about exploits/cheats, and thought all these guys were beating me legit, although in the beginning I also didn't really understand the controls/combos, so I lost either way). It's not as fun today as it was, because there are pretty much no legit players left anymore since the launch of UFC 4, so 99% of encounters are against exploiters/cheaters. I still manage to get a 3:2 win:loss ratio, so there's that.

I see the many flaws it has, but I don't know man, I just love this game.

you are purely in it for the trophies which is not right.

I will never understand this attitude. If people enjoy just getting trophies, what's wrong with that? It doesn't affect you in any way whatsoever, they don't harm anyone with that (except if they cheat to get online trophies, I could see how this would affect others), they are having fun doing that. Maybe the same fun that you have when playing the "right" way. If you like chocolate icecream, and I like vanilla icecream, but we both like it because it gives us the same tasty satisfaction, you probably wouldn't say (I hope) "you are purely going to the icecream store for vanilla which is not right".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

You should never not play a game because it has no trophies. At that point you're not a gamer anymore, you are purely in it for the trophies which is not right. I just play whatever games interest me, if it has trophies or not

You missed the point.  Quite a few of us have games that we may have already earned all the trophies, or in the midst of a game that still has some or all of the trophies unearned.

The poll was for what game do you enjoy that you go either back to or enjoyed and never really thought of the trophies.

Everyone - thanks for voting and your thoughts!  It is great reading your comments and what game(s) you enjoy!

• Like 3

There's a couple of games I like to come back to every once in a while.

I like to replay Souls games with different builds sometimes and enjoy coming back the PS3 Ratchet and Clank games too, I just find them very relaxing to play through.

And if I ever feel like replaying a classic I just reach my shelf and give it a go.

• Like 1

Souls games mostly, which is why I haven't really bothered getting the plats for them cause I feel like that would almost cement a need not to play them again. Also will still play Oblivion, of course I play my Switch where I have copies of games I don't want to worry about trophies on, and then games like Horizon I'd play again even though I have the plat.

• Like 1