Do you have a game you enjoy playing but not for the trophies?

BlackSquirrell1

Do you have a game you enjoy but not for the trophies?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. My fellow game players. Is there a game, popular or not, that you would keep playing even if it didn't have any trophies?

• Yes! I love trophies but this game is fun!
    • No! No trophies, no game!
    • What are trophies? I've never checked my profile!

Not the first thread of this kind, but hey! :)

Yup. Some games just have insane replay value and are rather addictive.

I almost always have a XCOM2 campaign going, and also some Rugby Challenge [3, and now 4] career. I also go back to GTAO on a regular basis to do heists with a friend of mine. Haven’t played Mass Effect online for quite a while now, but I did a lot of coop a long time after earning the 100%.

And I’m currently clocking at more than 500 hours in Nioh 2, going much further than the trophy requirements: did all the missions on dream of the demon, like in the first one, not only the DLC missions, and I’m maxing my proficiency in every weapon (almost done) while hoarding amrita to get ready for the next DLC.

Edit: Also, Phantom Doctrine and Divinity Original Sin 2.

Edited by KennethMcCormick
Memories come to those who remember them (old wisdom)
  • Like 3

There's a few games I go back to from time to time, but most notably would be Trails/Ys and Devil May Cry series. I think I have about 160+ hours on Cold Steel 3 and about 120 hours on Ys: Memories of Celceta for example. No clue on DMC, but likely 100+ as well.

Edited by Whitelightnin683
  • Like 1

I still play killing floor 2 long after I got the platinum for it, the replay value of levelling up a gun class and the enjoyment of co-op with the various levels available doesn't get old. 

I also had the same experience with need for speed most wanted, even after the platinum I was still playing for game nights with forum members at the time and also helped some of them out with online trophies to make up the numbers.

2 hours ago, BlackSquirrell1 said:

You missed the point.  Quite a few of us have games that we may have already earned all the trophies, or in the midst of a game that still has some or all of the trophies unearned.

The poll was for what game do you enjoy that you go either back to or enjoyed and never really thought of the trophies.

Everyone - thanks for voting and your thoughts!  It is great reading your comments and what game(s) you enjoy!

well again, none, because I think about the actual game I am going to enjoy first

Yes! I love trophies but this game is fun!

Overwatch/Dead by Daylight/... Well, I only back to play online games even if I earned my platinum.

The first time I play the game I enjoy it I listen to the soundtrack and I read all the text if I finished the story I look to the trophies.

To be honest the good about trophies it's fun and lvling my profile it's important to have a goal in your life till when we play for fun? just a waste of time...so Fun + Goals it's a very great feeling.

The bad thing about trophies won't let me back to my fav games like in PS1/PS2 because trophies make me feel I'm done with that game I did everything in that game. I'm happy to buy more versions of my fav games again I cant wait to play Odin Sphere again Asia version 1 more Plat.

Edited by Naomie_Len

I still go back and play The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt every now and then.

A good majority of content has no trophies involved, but it's fun doing all those neat sidequests that have a nice story. The developers really outdid themselves with Blood & Wine DLC. Fantastic setting with a lot of good worthwhile content.

• Like 2

Yes, all of my games. I have NEVER played a game just for the sake of trophies. I used to trophy hunt a lot, then I stopped for some years, and now I'll do it once in a while. But if trophies did not exist....I still would have played all the games I've played over my life time.

• Like 1

From what I've experienced, Horizon Zero Dawn, Final Fantasy XV, Marvel's Spider-Man and Doom. Those have been superb games and I've had a deep pleasant experience with them overall. I still play FFXV which its very 100% in-game goes beyond from what the trophies can offer, even though much of the requirements for them will come naturally aside few which need some sidetracking. But yeah, many games are worth to replay and I'll be glad to jump into them again even if they "take" my time to play with other games which I plan to complete for. 

• Like 1