Do you have a game you enjoy playing but not for the trophies?

BlackSquirrell1

Do you have a game you enjoy but not for the trophies?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. My fellow game players. Is there a game, popular or not, that you would keep playing even if it didn't have any trophies?

• Yes! I love trophies but this game is fun!
    • No! No trophies, no game!
    • What are trophies? I've never checked my profile!

When I bought my Ps4 and try RockBand 4 the old memories from rhythms games come back to me. So I play RB4 a few hrs a week just for fun with my e-kit.
 Its not the best game, I even can say its a expensive game, but is fun to me and at the end of the day hit that damn pad is fun as f..k

On 06/09/2020 at 3:55 PM, Herr Hieb said:

I've put tons and tons of time into Overwatch. The trophies in that game stink and hunting them usually requires you to play in a stupid way so you can seek out opportunities. But I play it anyway, and usually with heroes I got the trophies for long ago. 

I'm the exact same. I played from release so if I wanted the platinum, I should've gotten it back in 2016/2017. Once role queueing was introduced, I knew I was never gonna get that platinum.

I am currently on my 3rd playthrough of Pyre. True Nightwings edition. I just adore the game and it's presentation, and I commentate the matches as though it's an NBA matchup with all the stakes on the line. Tons of fun to anybody who wants a game with gorgeous aesthetics, wonderful music, and unique gameplay. 

GTA Online, I don't play that much anymore but I had a lot of fun with it long after getting the platinum, on PS3 and PS4. I also replay San Andreas from time to time, it's just so good. Other games I've played more than once just to enjoy the storyline are Final Fantasy -from VII to X-, The Last of Us, Red Dead Redemption or Life is Strange. 

Alot of games.

But I mean replaying them after I already 100%'d them.

I've done Mega Man 9 and 10(buster only, Hard mode for both)

Speed runs for nearly every Resident Evil.

S Rank DMD runs for DMC4 and DMC5.

I do stuff like that pretty offen when I get tired of tracking my backlog cus the above games are way to much fun tbh.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 1

That's most games for me actually, especially this year. Most of my favourite games have never had trophies/achievements, or didn't in their original iteration at least.

If I had to pick something that does have trophies that I would replay despite already getting the plat, the first thing to come to mind is the Spyro trilogy remakes. I've already played through the originals probably more than any other games I've owned, and I wouldn't mind playing through the remakes again some day, even though they did have some issues and glitches (which have hopefully been patched since I last played them).