EU and NA version online connection problems

Evil_Joker88

I'm from Germany, i bought Trine 2 PS4 NA and tried to play with a friend from Norway who has the EU Version of the game. I invited him and we could start the first level. But there was only one hero - mine. My friend couldn't use a hero and was disconnected after 10 seconds.

When he invited me, i couldn't connect properly to him. On my screen there was only a message still connecting but after 30 seconds i closed the game, it took him 5 seconds to join my lobby. But strangely i was visible on his screen as inside the lobby normally. He even started the mission once but i still saw the main menu with the connecting message on screen.

Has anyone tried to play with EU and NA together but two people from the same region EU and / or NA?

I found an official comment on the devs website from May 2015 saying EU and NA version should be able to play together. But maybe they just mean a person living in NA and one in EU can play together :( it's the latest comment on that topic in the link.

http://board.frozenbyte.com/viewtopic.php?t=20042

Edited by Evil_Joker88

2 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I found an official comment on the devs website from May 2015 saying EU and NA version should be able to play together. But maybe they just mean a person living in NA and one in EU can play together :( it's the latest comment on that topic in the link.

http://board.frozenbyte.com/viewtopic.php?t=20042

It looks like the fix didn't take so the servers are still region locked :(.

• 6 months later...