NekoRave

delete thread

94 posts in this topic

Yeah they all said that in their 35th Mario Anniversary Direct.

Really strange move indeed.

Preordered the physical copy anyway :D

6 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Yes you heard right. 

There's news of a planned delisting during a launch of a brand new collection. 

Idk why Nintendo fucking does these things but I believe March 2021 according to delisted games twitter will be gone off the market. 

So 6 months from release the game will be removed of digital storefronts and will be rare and marked up. 

Just thought I'd give people this notice as it's a fair warning (although absolutely absurd it's being planned to be removed and not even out yet) but these are new gaming times where we make artificial rarity for games to urge buyers to spend. 

Kinda fucked up Nintendo not going to lie, this is why people have trust issues 

https://mobile.twitter.com/DelistedGames/status/1301554122936799234

Source 

Yh. This is a bit dumb. If they want to make the physical version limited then sure. That makes sense. Why make a load of copies when it's supposed to be a limited run for the Anniversary but digital too? That makes no sense. You can't run out of digital copies so why would they make a decision like that.

I pre-ordered a physical copy since I'm a collector but the digital version being limited is just dumb.

They're probably doing the same thing Disney does when it "returns" titles to its Vault and releases them a few years later in order to take advantage of demand. It's a pretty lame business practice, and it sucks to see that Nintendo is stooping to this level. 

Edited by NekoRave

When I heard it was limited, the first thing I thought was "Switch is going to start getting 64/GC/Wii games and these will be the ones to launch that after this."

I don't think any smart company is going to put a ton of work into getting these games to run on the Switch just to not release any more.

Who knows, only time will tell I guess. 

Edited by NekoRave

This is the one that is kind of a battle royale game, right? So even buying it physical doesn't mean that the servers will still be up... So it is just for collection because probably the game will be unplayable in any way after that... Or I'm understanding something wrong?

Edited by NekoRave

I thought the one to be delisted was this one...

So it is the 3D collection too... That's dumb...

3 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

You are missing the point completely haha. 

The 3D collection is at risk with super Mario sunshine and super Mario 64 and odyssey. 

It is a limited release and will. Not be avaliable to purchase digitally or physically March 31st 2021.

Pretty sure the collection comes with Mario 64 instead of odyssey, right? 🤔

Edited by NekoRave

Just now, PraiseTheFluppi said:

Pretty sure the collection comes with Mario 64 instead of odyssey, right? 1f914.png

Isn't 64, Sunshine and Galaxy?

Just now, DeepEyes7 said:

Isn't 64, Sunshine and Galaxy?

Thats what I actually meant, sorry my bad :D

Edited by NekoRave

I still remember when Sunshine had the best water graphics on consoles xD. One of my favorite games, the Gamecube was very criticized but it was one of my favorite consoles...

Well, I lost touch with Nintendo after WiiU, maybe will pick a Switch in some years.... maybe...

Edited by NekoRave

I hate that it's limited release only. I swear there will be a ton of resellers for the physical edition, 'cause once nintendo doesn't sell the collection anymore its price will be in the sky.
But maybe they will sell them seperately after march 21 and only the collection itself is limited? 🙄 I doubt it though, it wouldn't be nintendos first bad idea (looking at all the fanmade games and ports that get shut down immediately after a few days, even though nintendo won't remaster/remake their games or new ones of certain IPs...)
I loved nintedo as a kid, but their desicions are just something else.

Just now, NekoRave said:

Honestly I feel dirty even getting the game but I love super Mario sunshine enough to grab it while I can

I don't know if I am making up things here but I think I remember Nintendo doing something like that before... On the NGC era they didn't release a Zelda collection with Zelda 1, 2, OOT and MM and the only way to get it wasn't through coins on the Nintendo Club? It was another very limited collection of ports that wasn't on sale... I got it on ebay years later and not that expensive XD...

Edited by NekoRave

Feels dirty to support this but I want the physical edition and there's no way I'm forking over 3x the price to a scalper 

I preordered the game as a physical version. Nonetheless it is a really shitty move by them.

1 hour ago, KingGuy420 said:

When I heard it was limited, the first thing I thought was "Switch is going to start getting 64/GC/Wii games and these will be the ones to launch that after this."

I don't think any smart company is going to put a ton of work into getting these games to run on the Switch just to not release any more.

Who knows, only time will tell I guess. 

Let's hope you are right! Would be great to be able to play GC games on the Switch.

This feels like incredibly dumb move to me. Playing on the good old FOMO and making people purchase it ASAP because they know people will jump on it like a German tourist on a hooker, but it's somehow... wrong? 

Nintendo has vast library of games people crave to play and they would fork insane amounts of money to do so, weird that Nintendo just does not really allow it. 

31 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

I preordered the game as a physical version. Nonetheless it is a really shitty move by them.

Let's hope you are right! Would be great to be able to play GC games on the Switch.

Yes, GC games PLEASE! Pikmin 1 + 2, Zelda TP + WW, Luigis Mansion, Starfox Adventure, Wario World etc...
I would go nuts if they put those games on the switch, especially since they would be portable this time ! 😆