The Witcher 3 PS5 and Xbox Series X versions announced! Free Update!!

HEEEEEELL YEAAAHHH

Now (or soon), I can watch Geralt chase Princess the goat, dress up as Yen with Lambert, and kill chickens in an even better looking game.

CD Projekt Red is one of those studios that actually care about consumers and appreciate their support, compared to other money-grabbing thieves *cough* EA, Activison, and Control not getting a free upgrade *cough*. I wasn't expecting this for TW3 because it's already a couple of years old, but I'm very pleasantly surprised! :) 

Really happy with their approach, and will definitely continue supporting them and their games. :wub:

Edited by Mayellie
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, TalalHmd said:

I wonder if it will get a new list. I’ve yet to get the platinum, so I’d prefer that  

I think it will have to because the current versions are split between three trophy lists. If someone upgrades from the original list, then to continue earning its trophies in the next generation it would mean there'd need to be three separate PS5 versions of the game specifically to let people continue with the trophy lists they've already started. 

Or Sony would need to allow single versions of a game to be connected to multiple variations of the same trophy list, which seems unlikely and has no real application outside of rare situations like this.

Maybe PS5 doesn't even have a trophy system, I don't think it's been mentioned anywhere.

• Like 2

Oooh how lame...guess the scam of recycled games will continue on PS5,was a naive hope thinking this cancerous trend would die on PS5.The worst part is that there will be dumb people supporting this crap even though there will be backwards compatibility.

Shameful CD shameful.

I first played this on Xbox One. Then I played it on the Switch (fantastic port, all things considered!). I have two versions on PS4- regular and GOTY- and I will also pick this up on PS5. Literally one of my favourite games of all time, which took me completely by surprise because I hate the first one (more so how it plays, the story and characters are rad) and wasn't overly pushed about the sequel either. 4K60 please CDPR!

2 minutes ago, Welmosca said:

Oooh how lame...guess the scam of recycled games will continue on PS5,was a naive hope thinking this cancerous trend would die on PS5.The worst part is that there will be dumb people supporting this crap even though there will be backwards compatibility.

Shameful CD shameful.

Okay boomer

Edited by Stan Lee
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, TalalHmd said:

I wonder if it will get a new list. I’ve yet to get the platinum, so I’d prefer that  

1 hour ago, beastuk1 said:

Would it be possible we get another Trophy List :-)

I wonder if the PS4/PS5 editions will be merged as one. Meaning, we might still have The Witcher 3 (PS4/PS5), The Witcher 3: Complete Edition (PS4/PS5), and The Witcher 3: GOTY Edition (PS4/PS5). 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Welmosca said:

Shameful CD shameful.

You get a better version to replay for free. What's the problem?

20 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

I wonder if the PS4/PS5 editions will be merged as one. Meaning, we might still have The Witcher 3 (PS4/PS5), The Witcher 3: Complete Edition (PS4/PS5), and The Witcher 3: GOTY Edition (PS4/PS5). 

I hope that everything will be merged between PS4 and 5. Saves, trophy lists etc. 

Edited by Akrioz
  • Like 2