The Witcher 3 PS5 and Xbox Series X versions announced! Free Update!!

OK coming back to this as I found my post and didn’t want to start a new topic:

I have the physical vanilla version of the Witcher 3 so I am guessing physical copies of games will be getting a patch of some sort to upgrade to the PS5 version? I have not played the Witcher 3 yet (I put it down as I was doing other things) so was looking at buying the DLC. After a quick look it appears I am better off buying the physical GOTY edition off Amazon as atm it’s on like a prime member offer for £14 there were as both DLCs on the PSN store are like £23 in total. Even when the Amazon prime offer ends the GOYT edition is still only £17 I think.

If I do go ahead and buy the GOTY editon off Amazon, as this is a physical version, will this give me the upgrade to everything?  Again I assuming it will as I am pretty sure I read some where that physical games will also be getting upgraded. I just can’t remember the source.

Edited by lynx_1985

• 8 months later...

Have the ps4 GOTY played for an hour maybe less and then heard the next gen update was going to come through so i put it down until i got my ps5.

does anyone know when this will launch? near the end of games im busy with been looking forward to jumping in properly  

19 minutes ago, El_Shubi said:

Have the ps4 GOTY played for an hour maybe less and then heard the next gen update was going to come through so i put it down until i got my ps5.

does anyone know when this will launch? near the end of games im busy with been looking forward to jumping in properly  

Nothing specific yet other than it is slated for this year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, El_Shubi said:

If I were a betting man, my guess would be "around" the release of Season 2 of the Netflix series, which has a date of December 17th this year.  I base that off of the fact the new cover art has the Netflix symbol on the bottom and the announced addition of free DLC based on the show.

Season 2 release Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2021/07/10/the-witcher-netflix-season-2-release-date-trailer-images-poster-details-plot-summary-/?sh=7d619b6723ec

Didn't know it will be a free upgrade, guess I'll keep an eye out for the GOTY edition to go on sale again for PS4 and put it in the backlog until then.

Edited by damcrac5
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, damcrac5 said:

Didn't know it will be a free upgrade, guess I'll keep an eye out for the GOTY edition to go on sale again for PS4 and put it in the backlog until then.

It is actually on sale right now on PlayStation Store. Ends in less than three days.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think it looks great. The updated vegetation, foliage, ambient occlusion and textures really made everything "pop". I know 99% of this stuff was already achievable on PC with mods but I'm glad it looks this good on console now too as I didn't play the console version back then and now I can platinum it with top quality.

Really looking forward to it.  

I'm curious how the cross save is gonna work though. It'd be great if I could transfer my PC save to PS5, start new game+ with that character and get the platinum. 

Edited by Lowlliet

2 hours ago, Lowlliet said:

I'm curious how the cross save is gonna work though. It'd be great if I could transfer my PC save to PS5, start new game+ with that character and get the platinum. 

They confirmed that it will be possible to do just that. Being able to transfer your game from one platform to another. What would interest me instead is if you can do it from PS4 to PS5. Being able to have a finished game would facilitate some trophies to be redone quickly, or, as you said, make a NG+. Unfortunately I think it won't be possible but from PC to PS5 they said yes (I don't know how)