The Witcher 3 PS5 and Xbox Series X versions announced! Free Update!!

40 minutes ago, Siriodorione said:

They confirmed that it will be possible to do just that. Being able to transfer your game from one platform to another. What would interest me instead is if you can do it from PS4 to PS5. Being able to have a finished game would facilitate some trophies to be redone quickly, or, as you said, make a NG+. Unfortunately I think it won't be possible but from PC to PS5 they said yes (I don't know how)

I think save transfer from PS4 to PS5 is granted. It'd be weird if it wouldn't. I'm curious about the trophies too though. What will pop and what won't. That is the question.

Edited by Lowlliet

1 hour ago, Lowlliet said:

I think save transfer from PS4 to PS5 is granted. It'd be weird if it wouldn't. I'm curious about the trophies too though. What will pop and what won't. That is the question.

They didn't do it for cyberpunk, they won't do it for this. I think it's even more complicated on an older game, but maybe I'm wrong.

I actually would have liked a new list of 51 trophies that integrates some trophies from the two expansions instead of the stupid (for me) battle trophies xD

I really like all this Qol improvements but we must wait for all the patch details.

1) They add to option to increase the size of HUD and subtitles which is very important in narrative driven games, i wonder if there is a similar option for books/notes?

2)The new (optional) quick menu for signs is already game changer.

3) I want to see more about the new camera option, sounds interesting.

11 hours ago, Lowlliet said:

I think it could work the same way Cyberpunk 2077 did when the PS5 version was released for that. I've Platinumed the PS4 version and started a New Game, imported my save via the game and upon loading it up on the PS5 version, no trophies auto-popped ☺️. Glad it worked that way so I can replay it entirely, earning trophies as I go. Really hope this update version works the same way ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frui7yPebble86 said:

I think it could work the same way Cyberpunk 2077 did when the PS5 version was released for that. I've Platinumed the PS4 version and started a New Game, imported my save via the game and upon loading it up on the PS5 version, no trophies auto-popped 263a.png. Glad it worked that way so I can replay it entirely, earning trophies as I go. Really hope this update version works the same way 1f64f.png 

Do you think I should install the PS4 game to be able to upload the file? Or will the game in the PS5 version automatically see it by converting it? On Cyberpunk how does it work? I don't remember xD

15 minutes ago, Siriodorione said:

Do you think I should install the PS4 game to be able to upload the file? Or will the game in the PS5 version automatically see it by converting it? On Cyberpunk how does it work? I don't remember xD

Would be an idea just in case that's how they go about it. On Cyberpunk, you load up the PS4 version and select what save you want and there'll be a button option to upload save. Then on PS5 version go to load a game and the option to import the save data should be there with the same button. At least I'm pretty sure that's how it works ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Frui7yPebble86 said:

Would be an idea just in case that's how they go about it. On Cyberpunk, you load up the PS4 version and select what save you want and there'll be a button option to upload save. Then on PS5 version go to load a game and the option to import the save data should be there with the same button. At least I'm pretty sure that's how it works 1f602.png

If they do that they should release a patch on the PS4 game to add the file upload option. Maybe I wait to read about the new patch and then install ?

8 minutes ago, Siriodorione said:

If they do that they should release a patch on the PS4 game to add the file upload option. Maybe I wait to read about the new patch and then install 1f600.png

From what I gathered by the stream they had, all versions will be patched as the update has a bunch of fixes to broken quests and hunts. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Creasy007 said:

I wasn't going to synchronize them anyway but nice to get some confirmation regardless. I'm hoping that all three versions of the game will have their own separate trophy lists, meaning you can Platinum it six times if you want (which I definitely do).

I think at most you would only get 2 new lists (NA & EU), but this can be pretty random between developers. For example, FF7 Remake went from one global list on PS4 to an NA, EU, AS, and JP list on PS5.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

The Witcher 3's Next Gen Update Won't Synchronize Your Achievements

https://www.dualshockers.com/the-witcher-3-next-gen-update-achievements/

I have a doubt. The question was specific, asking from steam to console. When he answers "between platforms" he might mean "different platforms". Sure, PS4 and PS5 actually are, but I doubt it's a no for that transfer as well.

35 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I think at most you would only get 2 new lists (NA & EU), but this can be pretty random between developers. For example, FF7 Remake went from one global list on PS4 to an NA, EU, AS, and JP list on PS5.

Thanks for that response, appreciate it! Either way, I'll gladly take another two lists, but even just the one would be appreciated.