PSA: Some seals are getting vaulted, "Seal the Deal" will get harder

EMShotgun123

Yesterday, Bungie uploaded a blog post detailing how Triumphs will change with Beyond Light launching in November 10th: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/49507

Among other stuff it mentions:

Does this mean some Seals may no longer be earnable? 

Yes. With a bunch of content going into the DCV, there are Seals and their corresponding Titles that will no longer be earnable when Beyond Light is released. 

• Earnable in Beyond Light: 
      • Crucible - Unbroken 
      • Gambit - Dredgen 
      • Flawless - Flawless 
      • Conqueror - Conqueror 
      • Shadowkeep - Harbinger 
      • Garden of Salvation - Enlightened  
      • The Dreaming City - Cursebreaker 
      • The Last Wish - Rivensbane 
      • Beyond Light - [redacted] 
      • Season 12 - [redacted]
      • [redacted] 
  • Moved to Legacy in Beyond Light (and no longer earnable): 
      • A Shadow Rises - Shadow 
      • Reckoner - Reckoner 
      • Black Armory - Blacksmith 
      • Destinations - Wayfarer 
      • Lore - Chronicler 
      • Season 5 through Season 11 titles 

While "Cursebreaker" isn't going away, if you're going for Seal the Deal from the Forsaken DLC you might want to do "Wayfarer" as it's the easiest but it requieres a 7 week commitment to it, here's a guide I found on the Destiny reddit that gives more detail: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/ey37ny/earn_wayfarer_in_7_weeks_or_less_a_prioritized/

To sum it up a bit:

• Pay attention to the flashpoint of the week! Sep. 22th is the last rotation (MORE INFO HERE), starting with Io, so make sure to do the heroic adventure 5 times and meanwhile do bounties and patrols to earn planetary materials to get the weapons and armor sets.
  • Do all the 10 Lost Prophecy weapons for the Mercury vendor. These requiere an insane amount of grinding from public events, strikes, nightfalls and maybe crucible. I think there's no time gate for these so you can do them all one after the other.
  • Do Escalation Protocol in Mars to get the 3 weapons and the armor set. The weapons rotate weekly but the armor can be done all in the same day. Remember doing the Sleeper Simulant and Polaris Lance quests and opening Sleeper Nodes while you're at it.
  • Complete all the Lost Sectors, making sure to kill all the Wanted bosses at the end. Pretty straightforward.
  • There are some quest exotics that you might want to get for The Life Exotic or Exotique, most notably Whisper of the Worm which is a great weapon for killing bosses. These will return "at a later date" however, but just to be safe consider them gone after Nov.10. Raid exotics can be farmed on the same week as well.

If anybody who knows better wanna chip in with some advice it would be much appreciated. I've yet to start this whole grind but I'm confident it can be done by organizing it properly.

• Like 4

Starting Wayfarer right now would be super tight since you need decent drops from Mars Escalation Protocol and the heroics from the planets. But I can suggest Cursebreaker over Chronicler or Dredgen any day since it really doesn't need any PvP and is possible after DCV.

Cursebreaker will take you at least 6 weeks and you have to complete Ascendant Challenges, The WIsh-Ender Quest and have decent enough drop RNG.

• Like 2

I made a decision to go for the Crucible seal a long time ago as I didn't want to do all the mad grind for the Wayfarer, but thanks to this thread I took a closer look and realized that it has to be done across 3 different seasons. Three. Entire. Seasons. I don't even know if that seal will remain in the game for that long to begin with ?

So I think I'll focus on Gambit's seal instead. Godspeed to anyone who attempts the Wayfarer seal in such a tight time frame.

On 9/4/2020 at 6:02 PM, Sydoki said:

I made a decision to go for the Crucible seal a long time ago as I didn't want to do all the mad grind for the Wayfarer, but thanks to this thread I took a closer look and realized that it has to be done across 3 different seasons. Three. Entire. Seasons. I don't even know if that seal will remain in the game for that long to begin with 1f605.png

So I think I'll focus on Gambit's seal instead. Godspeed to anyone who attempts the Wayfarer seal in such a tight time frame.

I've been playing since August 1st, and only need EDZ heroic quests, 1 gun from escalation, and an emblem for another destination badge. Pretty much just a wait game now. It's not hard if you just work at it.

5 hours ago, JNSpradlin said:

Any seal counts. Some are easier than others.

No seal besides the original 6 count

* Dredgen
* Wayfarer
* Cursebreaker
* Rivensbane
* Chronicler
* Unbroken

The temporary ones do not count for the trophy as it has to be the ones that came with Forsaken (Year 2)

• Like 2

Any thoughts on what the easiest seal would be to start now since it seems like wayfarer is going to be tight for time?

EDIT: Based on research, it looks like even with the limited time I'll probably try Wayfarer first. Interested on everyone's thoughts still though. I might come back and update again if I discover anything useful.

Edited by igs63

On 12/9/2020 at 4:40 AM, igs63 said:

Any thoughts on what the easiest seal would be to start now since it seems like wayfarer is going to be tight for time?

Wayfarer is still the way to go. The biggest time gate is just the Flashpoints and the Escalation Protocol bosses, everything else can be done at any time.

If you don't know where to start, focus on the Prophecy guns from Brother Vance in Mercury, they're super grindy and you can only have 3 of each material max in your inventory.

In the meantime do daily bounties for all locations for planetary materials to buy the armor sets.

Pay special attention to Mars, you've to do a World Quest to start getting Resonate Stems which you use to open Sleeper Nodes for 3 specific weapon schematics and the Sleeper Simulant (you need 15 for that, so make sure to get The Machine's Gun to step 4 and carry an IKELOS weapon at all times. The ones from Umbral Engrams count for the quest but NOT for the badge!).

This week (starting on Tuesday) and the next one, the T7 Escalation Protocol bosses will drop all 3 guns (SMG, Shotgun and Sniper). They've very, VERY low droprates but you have more than enough time to grind for them. Bring a lot of people if you can, EP is brutal.

Personally, I've been playing a lot since the 4th when I made this post and I already have the Destination: Red War badge and most of the Destination: CoO and Warmind one. Still haven't started with the Tangled Shore one but I'll be done by the end of the week with the rest, and then it's just a matter of waiting for the Flashpoint to rotate through all 5 locations (Io, Mercury, Nessus, Titan, Mars and EDZ) .

• Like 2

On 9/14/2020 at 9:22 AM, EMShotgun123 said:

Wayfarer is still the way to go. The biggest time gate is just the Flashpoints and the Escalation Protocol bosses, everything else can be done at any time.

Dont forgoet the ascendent challenges. There is 1 a week with a total of 6 of them to do. You just need to complete each one to get the Secret Victories emblem for the last collection badge needed for wayfarer title.

• Like 2

Can anyone give a rough estimate how much time this will take (as in actual play time not calendar time)

I am basically starting from scratch on the seal minus some lost sectors I gave done while leveling and exploring the game, I am a little under 900 power now so hopefully high enough to start cracking at these

On 9/20/2020 at 10:48 PM, False_Gix said:

Can anyone give a rough estimate how much time this will take (as in actual play time not calendar time)

I am basically starting from scratch on the seal minus some lost sectors I gave done while leveling and exploring the game, I am a little under 900 power now so hopefully high enough to start cracking at these

depends which seal you are after, might not be ideal to go for Wayfarer if you just started.

On 21/09/2020 at 1:48 PM, False_Gix said:

Here's the seal I was after

dregen - short but two requires luck base (obtained)

wayferer - most are easy just a lot of grinding on weapons prophecy and escolation levels and finding the time to attemp heroic adventures at flashpoint an  ( critical on obtaining if u just started)

chronicle- not as grindy as wayfere but 3 lores maybe vaulted. the hard part is marsenna and truth of power cause of the egg destroy with wish ender. And waiting 3 weeks which can take u six months to a year 

Edited by maurjen

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, niliuscofc said:

The Forerunner seal did not give me this trophy. That was my first seal.

Only Forsaken seals count for the trophy; those are the ones that start in the second page. All others that come after Shadowkeep won't count.

With Wayfarer, Chronicler and Blacksmith going away (and I think Reckoner and Shadow count as well), the only ones remaining are Unbroken, Dredgen, Cursebreaker and Rivensbane. And the latter two might go away if they vault the Dreaming City.

Wish I had checked this thread before going for Forerunner.

I mean now in hindsight I guess it does make sense only Forsaken seals count, but I just went by the description and thought any seal would work.

I do wonder if they'll update the requirement for some trophies since a ton of content is getting vaulted. I really doubt Bungie will just make them unobtainable since they are still gonna be supporting D2 for a long while.

Worst case scenario I only need Protect the Runner for Dredgen, so I could always go for that one I guess.

2 hours ago, SalimLagrichi said:

I haven't played this game in about 3 years, so I am totally out of the loop haha.

Which trophies will be unobtainable after the seals get vaulted?

Thanks. 1f600.png 

Pretty much my case haha, but I believe that the only unobtainable trophies after the content vault -assuming requirements stay the same- will be Belly Of The Beast and The Prestige. Seal the Deal will not be unobtainable but will be significantly harder than it is now. The Life Exotic might be harder too but that'll depend on how hard/grindy to get they make old exotics tied to quests.

Edit: Oh shit, In A Flash might be unobtainable too.

Again all this under the assumption that Bungie will not update/change the requirements for those trophies, but I'd bet they will.

Edited by Doomsounder

1 hour ago, Doomsounder said:

Pretty much my case haha, but I believe that the only unobtainable trophies after the content vault -assuming requirements stay the same- will be Belly Of The Beast and The Prestige. Seal the Deal will not be unobtainable but will be significantly harder than it is now. The Life Exotic might be harder too but that'll depend on how hard/grindy to get they make old exotics tied to quests.

Edit: Oh shit, In A Flash might be unobtainable too.

Again all this under the assumption that Bungie will not update/change the requirements for those trophies, but I'd bet they will.

EDZ and Nessus are staying for now, so In A Flash won’t be affected with what’s going to be vaulted next month.

Considering that Dredgen is by far the most common title, I wouldn’t say that Seal the Deal is getting any harder. Dredgen was already the most common title even before they removed the badge requirement a while back, so it’s easier now than ever. No need to farm for meatball kills over and over again hoping to get lucky and have the sparrow/ship drop.

2 hours ago, Alindawyl said:

EDZ and Nessus are staying for now, so In A Flash won’t be affected with what’s going to be vaulted next month.

Considering that Dredgen is by far the most common title, I wouldn’t say that Seal the Deal is getting any harder. Dredgen was already the most common title even before they removed the badge requirement a while back, so it’s easier now than ever. No need to farm for meatball kills over and over again hoping to get lucky and have the sparrow/ship drop.

Fair enough. I was just going by what people were recommending as the easiest seal to get and how it will be unobtainable now. I guess it is the easiest out of the Forsaken seals but some triumphs weren't exactly trivial for me to get (Army of One, Malfeasance, I did try a few times to go for Protect the Runner with randoms cause I don't have a fireteam and it just wasn't happening).

I started playing at the tail end of Season of the Worthy so I've only been "there" for Almighty and Forerunner, which are a joke compared to Forsaken seals. ?

Would anybody have a fairly good idea on how to get the Secret Victories emblem? I'm really not sure of the best way to try and get it. Just a case of completing activities and hoping for the best?

Also the Braytech Osprey? It can only be ontained by playing Strange Terrain nightfall strike? I saw in another thread it can be earned through a quest from Ana but when i went to see her earlier she had nothing new.

I think these two are all I need for the seal, so thank you to whoever can point me in the right direction.