Obvious Copy/Paste Game and User Scores

HoorayForTyler

I've actually been itching to play Madden again.  Madden 12 was the last title in the series that I played.  I ultimately decided to not get 21 because of the negative reviews and user feedback.

I'll probably wait until at least next year for the PS5 version, assuming that they actually put effort into the game next time around.  I think a lot of people are starting to pass on these annual sports update games or at least waiting for a big discount 6-8 months after release.  Hopefully, this will force EA's hand for future games.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JaneAusten69 said:

I've actually been itching to play Madden again.  Madden 12 was the last title in the series that I played.  I ultimately decided to not get 21 because of the negative reviews and user feedback.

I'll probably wait until at least next year for the PS5 version, assuming that they actually put effort into the game next time around.  I think a lot of people are starting to pass on these annual sports update games or at least waiting for a big discount 6-8 months after release.  Hopefully, this will force EA's hand for future games.

At least someone understands where I’m coming from; I haven’t played any since Madden 15 on an older account. It’s obvious that the developers have gotten lazy and barely add anything new to the table when making the newer titles. The same could be said about NBA 2K, but they change it up just enough for it to be passed off as a newer game. Even then the user scores tell the story differently and their player base can even see the laziness. 

9 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Sorry you're upset for being hypocritical.

You have replayed a game you enjoyed. People who play Madden annually, whether at full price or discounted, are playing games the way they want. What's got you so upset about them doing that? You're doing a similar thing, except it's the exact same game. You want others to accept that that's different, but can't accept people just enjoy playing an annual sports title?

How exactly am I being hypocritical? I don’t know how else I’m supposed to draw it out for you:

Stacked games ≠ Annual releases that are meant to be different

And nah, the only thing I’m upset about are modern game companies taking advantage of gamers, but you don’t care and I understand that. And cool, you’re making your points but this forum topic was meant to discuss what people think about the implementations in their newest Madden game and how the development for these games have become lazy and lackluster, not for you to come in to try and make a witty comment for some upvotes. You can go anywhere online today and see how many people are thinking the same exact way as me, and that’s what I’m here to discuss, how people feel about the copy/paste decisions of EA. 

I’m just calling it out for what it is: publishing and developing laziness. I don’t need to be the person to spell that out for you or anyone else.

• Like 3

I think what Daiv was trying to say (and correct me if I am wrong) is if you enjoy Bioshock  Saints Row, Demon's Souls etc and want to plat all the versions...that is Kool and the Gang.

Just like if you want to play all the Maddens despite not much changing...that is also fine.

Listen, if Madden fans wanted change they would stop buying the game. You cannot blame EA for selling its consumers what they want.

If sales dropped then change might happen (especially if enough people wrote to EA saying that is why they didnt buy the new one) but until that happens why would they change?

Look at it like Halo Wars. Microsoft tried to do something different and the fans bitched and moaned so they never tried again. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I think what Daiv was trying to say (and correct me if I am wrong) is if you enjoy Bioshock  Saints Row, Demon's Souls etc and want to plat all the versions...that is Kool and the Gang.

Just like if you want to play all the Maddens despite not much changing...that is also fine.

Listen, if Madden fans wanted change they would stop buying the game. You cannot blame EA for selling its consumers what they want.

If sales dropped then change might happen (especially if enough people wrote to EA saying that is why they didnt buy the new one) but until that happens why would they change?

Look at it like Halo Wars. Microsoft tried to do something different and the fans bitched and moaned so they never tried again. 

That’s what I keep bringing up though: I wanted to hear what people thought about EA’s practices, not have the first response be someone going on my profile to look at my stacked games? I’m trying to stay on topic.

And to say “you cannot blame EA for selling its consumers what they want” is a joke. Please go do some research. I will say you’re right on this though: they won’t change, because it’ll always be money over quality. That’s the current market we’re in now I guess ?

And the Halo Wars example is a good one, but I don’t think that’d necessarily be the case here, because most players want a tad more innovation and maybe a few things new here and there. Seeing banners for “MADDEN 19/20” in this game perfectly encapsulates the points I’m trying to make. Perhaps it’s a complacency issue between developer/publisher and the player base, or just outright “idc if it looks the same, these gamers are idiots and will still buy our games”, I really don’t know. 

All in all, I just hate seeing scummy business practices, but tbf you and everyone else who may think differently than I are right when you say some gamers just don’t give a shit and will keep playing them bc reasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

You have BioShock four times on your profile and BioShock 2 three times.

But Bioshock isn't advertised as a new game every time. Only a remaster. So you know exactly what you get. Madden and all the other sports games are all advertised to be the next big thing in the franchise but all they seem to do is take features away.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, JaneAusten69 said:

If you haven't played Madden since 12 then you will probably enjoy Madden a lot more than those that have been buying it every year. The problem is that Madden 21 is essentially the same game that EA has been releasing for the last few years but since you haven't played since 12 it should not be an issue for you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Boomshanks said:

But Bioshock isn't advertised as a new game every time. Only a remaster. So you know exactly what you get. Madden and all the other sports games are all advertised to be the next big thing in the franchise but all they seem to do is take features away.

???

Still think it’s funny he tried to do a comparison there. You’re right though, false advertising is one of their key ways to sell the game I’m sure. It’ll never change. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Sorry you're upset for being hypocritical.

You have replayed a game you enjoyed. People who play Madden annually, whether at full price or discounted, are playing games the way they want. What's got you so upset about them doing that? You're doing a similar thing, except it's the exact same game. You want others to accept that that's different, but can't accept people just enjoy playing an annual sports title?

Are you for real or did you just lost your brain on your way here? 

You can't compare a remastered or a same game that was advertised as such with a game, that is suppose to be new and improved. In fact, the remastered Bioshock actually offers all the DLC and better graphics for lower price, while the Madden series cuts down stuff, graphically it looks identical, same animation, and it's heavily monetized for full price. Sorry but your analysis is very flawed and stupid. 

Also, people are enjoying it? I hate to break it to those whales, but their enjoyment now cost the series to go downward spiral and getting worse each year. It's been like this all the time to my knowledge, but thanks to these people, who "enjoy" it is the reason while it stayed that way. Maybe it's finally time to take a hard look on the value you are getting for your money and get some damn standards.  

• Like 3

Well, it's (American) Football. What do you think they'll need to add in, a car mode? Why not add in guns and demons and a samurai and a way to play Postal. 

I don't have a problem with the barely updated game as much as I have a problem with ultimate team. It's gambling, but the "House" (EA in this case) never loses. Not to mention, a lot of children will play this, and will therefore gamble all their parents' money away. Even though gambling is illegal for children. To be honest, I stopped buying yearly titles after 2K19 and now just leave a couple of years in between (2 for FIFA, 4 for Madden).

Just now, MarcusPunisher said:

You can't compare a remastered or a same game that was advertised as such with a game, that is suppose to be new and improved. In fact, the remastered Bioshock actually offers all the DLC and better graphics for lower price, while the Madden series cuts down stuff, graphically it looks identical, same animation, and it's heavily monetized for full price. Sorry but your analysis is very flawed and stupid. 

Also, people are enjoying it? I hate to break it to those whales, but their enjoyment now cost the series to go downward spiral and getting worse each year. It's been like this all the time to my knowledge, but thanks to these people, who "enjoy" it is the reason while it stayed that way. Maybe it's finally time to take a hard look on the value you are getting for your money and get some damn standards.  

You zoned in on the word Remastered. That word was irrelevant to my point. 

These are annual sports titles, it’s not like they get a new set of plays every year. The players change, its the same game. It IS completely possible that it’s the same people buying it every year, or it’s possible it’s a core group who only buy it every few years. Either way, they’re buying it. So EA is gonna sell it. 

You’re all doing your part by not buying it. Keep it up. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

For a moderator, he’s not very good at staying on topic in forums lmaoooo

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

I'm not surprised lol. It's not the first time I have dealt with something similar, but this might be the worst excuse for Madden's constant downgrade I've seen so far like wow. Have some freaking standards. But hey, I've stated my take and I'm ending that here lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoorayForTyler said:

But i think part of the problem is you want a debate as long as everyone agrees with you.

Daiv isnt saying you are wrong, just pointing out that how people spend their money is their business. You (and a lot of people including myself) buy remakes or remasters because we like the game and want to play more of it. Others like Madden and buy the new one every year to play with the new rosters and their friends.

You can be mad at it...but as long as companies see net growth then they will keep doing what they are doing.

Listen, if you still havent figured out that yearly sports games are just roster updates then not  much can be done to convince that costumer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

But i think part of the problem is you want a debate as long as everyone agrees with you.

Daiv isnt saying you are wrong, just pointing out that how people spend their money is their business. You (and a lot of people including myself) buy remakes or remasters because we like the game and want to play more of it. Others like Madden and buy the new one every year to play with the new rosters and their friends.

You can be mad at it...but as long as companies see net growth then they will keep doing what they are doing.

Listen, if you still havent figured out that yearly sports games are just roster updates then not  much can be done to convince that costumer.

Yeah, because I need every gamer on PSNProfiles to adhere to what I say is right and wrong. Please tell me you’re joking. I’m here to have a discussion.

I’m saying this for the second time now:

I made this forum topic to discuss—with people who aren’t trying to start shit—the online user ratings and how EA is utilizing their contract to shell out a copy/paste game and see what gamers thought about it. I don’t know how a topic so stupid simple could be blown out of proportion, but here we are.

28 minutes ago, Berendsapje said:

Well, it's (American) Football. What do you think they'll need to add in, a car mode? Why not add in guns and demons and a samurai and a way to play Postal. 

I don't have a problem with the barely updated game as much as I have a problem with ultimate team. It's gambling, but the "House" (EA in this case) never loses. Not to mention, a lot of children will play this, and will therefore gamble all their parents' money away. Even though gambling is illegal for children. To be honest, I stopped buying yearly titles after 2K19 and now just leave a couple of years in between (2 for FIFA, 4 for Madden).

You can have a look at this vid and see the improvements which can be made to Madden. The improvements/new additions start at 8:29.  This list gives a good indication of how lazy EA are. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqwXF6fpDl4

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Yeah, because I need every gamer on PSNProfiles to adhere to what I say is right and wrong. Please tell me you’re joking. I’m here to have a discussion.

I’m saying this for the second time now:

I made this forum topic to discuss—with people who aren’t trying to start shit—the online user ratings and how EA is utilizing their contract to shell out a copy/paste game and see what gamers thought about it. I don’t know how a topic so stupid simple could be blown out of proportion, but here we are.

Alright I am done.

I was just pointing out the similarity between buying the same sports game over and over and buying the exaxt same game over and over.

Either way, as long as the costumer is happy with their purchase then who cares. If either costumer is not happy STOP BUYING THE GAME.

Do you really think EA cares about mean things being said on the Internet? As long as people give them money THEY DON'T CARE.

I cannot explain this any clearer. I am out of here.

• Like 2