Obvious Copy/Paste Game and User Scores

HoorayForTyler

Honestly sports games are the perfect candidate for the games as a service model but they sell so well EA and 2K can just release a new one every year

The problem is there’s no competition for either of them so they can put out mediocre cash grabs every year 

I miss when THQ made WWE games, they were so much better than what we have now.

• Like 2

The people that buy Madden every year are not the people on this forum.

They are not the people who visit gaming or trophy websites. They are not people you are ever going to reach with your complaining.

To them, a $60 roster update is worth it. They want to have Hopkins on the Cardinals or Brady on the Buccs. Those are two pretty huge deals in football.

Your complaints are valid, but your voice won't be heard. Best to just worry about more important things. Madden is forever and will always be forever because it's Madden. It's too big to fail no matter how bad it gets.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

Honestly sports games are the perfect candidate for the games as a service model but they sell so well EA and 2K can just release a new one every year

The problem is there’s no competition for either of them so they can put out mediocre cash grabs every year 

I miss when THQ made WWE games, they were so much better than what we have now.

A monopoly on sports titles will definitely breed complacency over time, which is what we’re seeing currently. Maybe I dislike EA’s business practices way more than most, but it’s just disgusting to see in present times, especially when you’re someone who grew up playing games that aren’t meant to be constant/consistent cash grabs. 

1 hour ago, GhostWolves said:

The people that buy Madden every year are not the people on this forum.

They are not the people who visit gaming or trophy websites. They are not people you are ever going to reach with your complaining.

To them, a $60 roster update is worth it. They want to have Hopkins on the Cardinals or Brady on the Buccs. Those are two pretty huge deals in football.

Your complaints are valid, but your voice won't be heard. Best to just worry about more important things. Madden is forever and will always be forever because it's Madden. It's too big to fail no matter how bad it gets.

You’re probably right, friend. It’s your diehard sports fans and trophy hunters I’d imagine.

Regarding your comments on the success of Madden games...your kind of mindset is what fuels their ability to release the games with no backlash. And to see you say it is “too big to fail” is quite sad; have you personally been online to see what the masses have to say about this game? It’s not like I’m the only one who feels this way.

But yeah, you’re right, my voice won’t be heard bc I don’t speak for everyone nor have a large reach, but the gaming community/online “influencers” are calling out the bullshit, I just did my part by voicing my opinion in a new topic on PSNProfiles, and it warranted a click by you, right?

On 9/4/2020 at 2:35 PM, HoorayForTyler said:

Thanks for bringing a great discussion to the forums!

Stacked games vs games that are meant to be different. Two totally different scenarios. But congratulations on trying to be an ass for no reason. 

the game of football is the same as it’s been for years. 

• Like 1

When I get a desire to play Madden, I buy a 1-month subscription to EA Play and play it for a month and then cancel.

$5 rental is all that Madden is worth to me.

I couldn’t tell you the last time they made any meaningful changes to the gameplay.

In order to make it worth a damn, they’d need to completely rewrite the graphics and physics engines not to mention the wonky AI. Obviously expensive and when you have people paying full price for a roster update, it’s not gonna happen.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

It’s funny because I wouldn’t even be able to tell if you’re referring to the actual game of football or the Madden games because what you’re saying applies to both 1f602.png

And?

seeing as how it’s the same game....... it’s going to be the same game

if you don’t want to buy it don’t......... but every year people come here and bitch about the same stuff over and over 

yes....... it’s a football game...... football is the same game it’s been for a very long time,...... we know what it is.......

if you buy it, you forfeit your right to bitch about it..... you know what you’re getting 

• Like 1

Largest problem with Madden, as a huge football fan, is that it’s a piss poor version of simulation football when it comes to straight up gameplay not to mention how much it lacks in its franchise mode and how clearly predatory MUT is. Its animation based gameplay is almost entirely scripted and the game will force “dramatic moments” like constant QB fumbles or completely unnatural interceptions because lob passes are purposefully low trajectory. It’s AI is completely backwards because instead of it being programmed to hunt for or protect the ball carrier it’s trying to process what animations it can lock into, look at the difference in the older Madden titles pre-Madden 25, All Pro, and a Physics based engine like Backbreaker in how defenders and blockers attack and defend the quarterback. If Madden was the same game every year with different rosters BUT it had quality SIMULATION football gameplay that we know is possible you wouldn’t have the same level of outcry from its player base. I recently got Madden 20 for free with my girlfriend’s EA Access and the gameplay left so much to be desired as a lifelong football fan. Going and playing NCAA football 11 was an absolute breath of fresh air and a shock at how much smoother and more natural a game from a decade ago by the same company can feel. 

EA just doesn’t care at all anymore and it’s was clear from the moment they began using the Frostbite engine that it was all about canned animations and just laziness because it’s barely a product anymore, it’s just a vehicle for micro transactions. 

I wouldn’t care that Madden was shitty if EA would just open up the simulation license so there can be some actual competition in the genre and maybe get EA to at least try a little. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lord_Raiden said:

And?

seeing as how it’s the same game....... it’s going to be the same game

if you don’t want to buy it don’t......... but every year people come here and bitch about the same stuff over and over 

yes....... it’s a football game...... football is the same game it’s been for a very long time,...... we know what it is.......

if you buy it, you forfeit your right to bitch about it..... you know what you’re getting 

I actually created this topic to discuss the user ratings and what people thought about EA’s practices, not to go back and forth with people who have sticks up their asses. You must be fun at parties. 

2 hours ago, dylansko said:

Largest problem with Madden, as a huge football fan, is that it’s a piss poor version of simulation football when it comes to straight up gameplay not to mention how much it lacks in its franchise mode and how clearly predatory MUT is. Its animation based gameplay is almost entirely scripted and the game will force “dramatic moments” like constant QB fumbles or completely unnatural interceptions because lob passes are purposefully low trajectory. It’s AI is completely backwards because instead of it being programmed to hunt for or protect the ball carrier it’s trying to process what animations it can lock into, look at the difference in the older Madden titles pre-Madden 25, All Pro, and a Physics based engine like Backbreaker in how defenders and blockers attack and defend the quarterback. If Madden was the same game every year with different rosters BUT it had quality SIMULATION football gameplay that we know is possible you wouldn’t have the same level of outcry from its player base. I recently got Madden 20 for free with my girlfriend’s EA Access and the gameplay left so much to be desired as a lifelong football fan. Going and playing NCAA football 11 was an absolute breath of fresh air and a shock at how much smoother and more natural a game from a decade ago by the same company can feel. 

EA just doesn’t care at all anymore and it’s was clear from the moment they began using the Frostbite engine that it was all about canned animations and just laziness because it’s barely a product anymore, it’s just a vehicle for micro transactions. 

I wouldn’t care that Madden was shitty if EA would just open up the simulation license so there can be some actual competition in the genre and maybe get EA to at least try a little. 

Dude, yes. That’s another thing that gets at me is the lazy animations and coding. I’ve seen clips of fumbles/tackles where it nearly “stun locks” the damn character, absolute insanity! Haha

And I also think that competition breeds innovation, it would just be nice to see a bit of change, that’s all that most people are asking for you know?

13 minutes ago, jannyhimself said:

Where's my popcorn.

When a moderator goes off topic one comment in. You love to see it ???

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

And I also think that competition breeds innovation, it would just be nice to see a bit of change, that’s all that most people are asking for you know?

Problem with EA as a company is they are entirely reactionary, they will actively avoid innovating or even just improving unless their bottom line is impacted and they’re forced too. There’s a reason that after the NFL allowed 2K to produce a strictly arcade NFL game that they decided to “change the game” with that BS “The Yard”. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bit late to the party but here's what I don't understand. Even the people who try to defend the yearly releases of games like FIFA and Madden are saying that the games barely change and you're basically buying the same game as last year. But if that's the case, how do you justify it coming out as a completely new game for full price? Why not just add a roster update to the previous game as DLC? Why not release the new game at a €40,- price point?

I understand the argument, if you don't like it don't buy it. The problem with that is that a lot of other people keep buying it because it is marketed as the next big game in the franchise. And yes, most of these people buy the yearly releases. As long as they keep buying it, EA is never forced to truly make the game better. They can just keep taking things away and release the next game with minimal changes and then market it as the next big thing and rake in all the cash. In my opinion, the people who keep buying these yearly releases with minimal changes make sure that EA never actually has to improve the games.

• Like 1

The game is more or less the same, but at least there’s no MUT trophies and they cut the utterly pointless legacy trophies. 

Complaints about the gameplay will persist as long as EA has a monopoly on NFL games. However, with 2K’s microtransaction system, I’m not sure how much more attractive the alternative would actually be. 

• 5 months later...

I know Madden has a bad reputation but this years game is way better optimized than Madden 20 in particular. And a small handful of new features. 

But it also did have glitched trophies and does have spotty online services so one step forward, one step back.