Treasure Hunter Minigame help

So I’ve seen some people have had issues with this minigame, and unfortunately..I am too. No matter what I try, it’s like this game has a grudge against me. It screws me over almost every time. 

I know there’s programs you can use to solve this, but..I’m not too smart when it comes to computer programs, and stuff like that. Plus most of the ones I try opening, the website goes 404 on me.

Can someone send me a link to a program that’s still up and running, and a step by step guide on how to make the program work? 

1. Download this spreadsheet:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i0feqgfvde6h95i/monoautosimu13.xlsm?dl=0

2. Mine a few blocks, you'll get best results if you find a Monokub right at the start. Then replicate the board in the spreadsheet by entering 0,1,2,3,4 in the cells. Click the 盤面確定 button (circled in red).
 https://i.imgur.com/EtAeCAh.jpg 

3. You should be moved to a new spreadsheet. Scroll down to find a second copy of the board, and enter '1' in the blocks where you think the Monokub is (circle 1). Turn 最優先設定 on (circle 2), this will make the simulation prioritize clearing those blocks. Run the simulation by clicking シミュ開始 (circle 3).
 https://i.imgur.com/90iGMGE.png (click to expand) 

4. You should get a log output on the right, but you can see the solution visually using the left and right arrows go through each step, and the up and down arrows to switch between solutions.
 https://i.imgur.com/kHrJMON.jpg 

Quoted from user "Ein" of GameFAQs

Hope this helps!

Edited by bakerboy72682

On 8.09.2020 at 1:32 PM, bakerboy72682 said:

1. Download this spreadsheet:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i0feqgfvde6h95i/monoautosimu13.xlsm?dl=0

2. Mine a few blocks, you'll get best results if you find a Monokub right at the start. Then replicate the board in the spreadsheet by entering 0,1,2,3,4 in the cells. Click the 盤面確定 button (circled in red).
 https://i.imgur.com/EtAeCAh.jpg 

3. You should be moved to a new spreadsheet. Scroll down to find a second copy of the board, and enter '1' in the blocks where you think the Monokub is (circle 1). Turn 最優先設定 on (circle 2), this will make the simulation prioritize clearing those blocks. Run the simulation by clicking シミュ開始 (circle 3).
 https://i.imgur.com/90iGMGE.png (click to expand) 

4. You should get a log output on the right, but you can see the solution visually using the left and right arrows go through each step, and the up and down arrows to switch between solutions.
 https://i.imgur.com/kHrJMON.jpg 

Quoted from user "Ein" of GameFAQs

Hope this helps!

I have tried this metod but its not perfect and it wont solve you every combination. I tried getting this trophy for a week then decide to play on my own and i have to tell you its better doing it without program (you wont waste time to fill this program with number what is time consuming). Anyway for this metod to work you have to change your system language to japanese, here is example video and GL all who try get this: 

5 hours ago, Champion_Trophy said:

I have tried this metod but its not perfect and it wont solve you every combination. I tried getting this trophy for a week then decide to play on my own and i have to tell you its better doing it without program (you wont waste time to fill this program with number what is time consuming). Anyway for this metod to work you have to change your system language to japanese, here is example video and GL all who try get this: 

It definitely won't. Your best bet is to clear out at least two monokubs and one fish, THEN use the program to help you get the rest of the blocks. It's an extremely luck based and frustrating trophy that requires a lot of dedication, because the program just won't do it for you each time. However, I have platinumed the game twice now and can confirm that's the best way to get the trophy. Clear two monokubs, get a fish, and THEN use the program to help you get the rest, highlighting the areas where you think the fish are and have the program do the work for ya.

Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...

This trophy is just pure garbage. It's virtually 100% luck unless you're using one of the solver programmes, but since I can't run those on my laptop I'm getting nowhere. You can literally make perfect, careful moves for 7 minutes, then find out that actually it's impossible for you to excavate two pieces, and now you're having to start again. Thoroughly unenjoyable, totally doesn't belong in this game. The other S-ranks had a degree of enjoyment. You could gradually get better until you make it. Not here. Here you just have to hope that by the time you get to the final few minutes, you're not going to get inadvertently shafted by a move you made at the start of the game. So in the end you're just pissed off with the tedium. I'll eventually get it done but it's already past the point of a 'fuck yes' and is now firmly into the territory of 'fuck everything about that, never touching it again'.

Quick edit: the strategy I was using was to work from the corners and try to uncover the whole board, if that makes sense. This was a terrible idea. Knock out some tiles and excavate what you find, prioritise the bears. I got it 2nd try when I switched up my approach. Or I may have finally had a stroke of luck. One of the two..

Edited by JEDLander

• 2 weeks later...

I already spent 100+ hours on this minigame only, it's been a year now since I started it, and it literally destroyed the fun I had with the whole game, and my platinum at the same time. I spent more time on this minigame than I did to complete all the other danganronpa games (three times each). The minigame itself can be a little bit enjoyable (except for the shitty music), it's actually the requirement for the trophy that makes it awful. For some reason, the devs thought it was a good idea to ask for 4500 pts, but it's close to impossible. The amount of luck needed to reach that score is insane. In comparison the car minigame is a piece of cake. The worst thing is when I almost get it, with like 4300. I tried every solving program available (the excel sheet, the python program, the japanese flash website...) but still nothing. Now because of that trophy I'll never buy another danganronpa game, even though I was a big fan of the franchise before.

My only hope is that someday someone will come up with a new trick or another software that'll help me to get it, but now I'm powerless, there's nothing more I can do, I tried everything.

Good luck to those who still try to get this trophy.

• 1 month later...

I read tip from some youtube video about focusing on fishes and monokumas rather than trying to clear as much as possible. Normally I started on corner and tried to get as much cleared as possible but most fishes and monokumas got stuck with singular blocks on them.

So I mined couple spots to reveal parts of fishes and monokumas and then focused on revealing them. Took less than 10 tries that way. Most of the times I got atleast over 3k and that was really rare on original method. 

I couldnt get those excel files to work nor other workarounds/shortcuts. 

Hope you have better luck that way. 

Edited by Kavatus

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I finally did it, with 5025 pts. I can't believe it's over. It took me 1 year and 9 months.

I'm so glad I can go back to the real game and finish my platinum. This trophy was a nightmare, it made me cry.

These last 4 months I've been playing this minigame over and over again, using every possible tips and cheating software. I used the excel, the python program, the flash cheater... everything. And nothing worked for me, I couldn't get beyond 4000 pts.

But tonight, I was bored, so I decided to watch a movie on my pc while playing the game. I wasn't paying attention, I was just randomly breaking the bricks, I was barely looking at the screen... and all of a sudden I saw 5000 pts. It just happened like that, I don't know how I did it. What's pissing me off is that after 1 year of trying my successful attempt was when I wasn't really trying ?

So believe me, after what I've been through with this game (almost made me quit trophy hunting), if I could do it anyone can. Don't give up, and maybe someday you'll get the trophy. You only need chance once.

• Like 2