Downtown Dirty Challenge? How?!

Nyjacz

"Land a 30,000 point combo off Downtown's Dirty Rail Gap, using at least 1 Lip Trick." it says. It's a challenge required to unlock trophy "Donut Mess with a Cop" (Unlock Officer Dick). This gap is all about landing from pipe to rail and neither before nor after it's impossible to perform a lip trick.

Same problem with "Grey was here" challenge.

Any suggestions?

Edited by Nyjacz

52 minutes ago, Nyjacz said:

"Land a 30,000 point combo off Downtown's Dirty Rail Gap, using at least 1 Lip Trick." it says. It's a challenge required to unlock trophy "Donut Mess with a Cop" (Unlock Officer Dick). This gap is all about landing from pipe to rail and neither before nor after it's impossible to perform a lip trick.

Same problem with "Grey was here" challenge.

Any suggestions?

Hey,

I think you are using the wrong gap here. No pipe involved, simply jumping from a ramp to a rail and the afterwards get up the wall for a lip trick.

I made a video for you :)

For Downtown, assuming you are starting it where I think you are (I don't know if it can be accomplished anywhere else but essentially the street to the right when standing in front of and facing away from the movie theater, and using the third ramp down this street), get some speed and take the jump, land the rail and ride it to the end. Jump off and manual heading straight for the fountain, grind around the fountain going right and jump off after making a 180, you are aiming for the identical rail that you came from but on the other entrance to the park. after jumping off the fountain manual towards the rail and jump on, if you don't have enough speed jump and grind again. Grind to the end of the rail and then jump off, manual into the street and in front of you should be a low ramp. Manual up to the ramp and do a lip trick on it, you might accidentally do a grind so try to hit it as straight as possible. After that just jump and do a revert for some extra points, you should probably get enough but just in case finish on a manual and spam some tricks.

Grey was here is Roswell correct? Starting from the room with the alien on the table take the 3 grinds in a row to get the gap, don't worry about doing anything fancy. Jump off at the end of the 3rd rail and manual up the ramp immediately in front of you, you don't want to get over this ramp so don't worry when you get turned around. Once you start manualing backwards jump onto the grind that you just came from and continue it till you reach the second grind, if you need speed to clear the jump do a jump and grind when you start on the first rail. Once you get onto the second rail quickly jump and acid drop onto the ramp that will be on your left, revert and manual and head straight but try not to get to close to the rail in front of you yet. What you want to do here is try to spin around and get onto the grind rail I mentioned. The goal is to grind this rail towards the ramp you just acid dropped from, if you do it correctly you can jump off at the end of the rail, manual towards the ramp and finish with a lip trick. Again do a revert and you will probably need to finish with a few manual tricks here.

1 hour ago, Sicho said:

Hey,

I think you are using the wrong gap here. No pipe involved, simply jumping from a ramp to a rail and the afterwards get up the wall for a lip trick.

I made a video for you :)

How are you keeping your speed up? By the time I manual past the fountain I've lost all my speed and can't even get up the quarter pipe. 

3 minutes ago, silnev said:

How are you keeping your speed up? By the time I manual past the fountain I've lost all my speed and can't even get up the quarter pipe. 

Full Special Meter and maxed out speed stat.

Thats why I filled the meter before attempting the line. You are much faster when Special is full.

Edited by Sicho

26 minutes ago, Sicho said:

Full Special Meter and maxed out speed stat.

Thats why I filled the meter before attempting the line. You are much faster when Special is full.

Ditto went special plus max stats and my character still slows down heck i've had this problem throughout the game were manuals kill any momentum I have. 

*edit* Did it the way stargate1995 described, work pretty well to be honest. 

Edited by silnev

3 minutes ago, Nyjacz said:

Thank you all, it worked. 

Now what about 10k lip trick with revert? xD

That's easy when you realize you can modify a lip trick like you can with grinds and manuals. And if you don't know what I'm talking about, during a lip trick press square or circle and your character will change positions and you should get a multiplier. Once you get x3 end the trick with a revert and you should have easily more than 10k. 

19 hours ago, silnev said:

That's easy when you realize you can modify a lip trick like you can with grinds and manuals. And if you don't know what I'm talking about, during a lip trick press square or circle and your character will change positions and you should get a multiplier. Once you get x3 end the trick with a revert and you should have easily more than 10k. 

This method didn't work for me. Even tried using a lip gap + lip trick + revert and it wouldn't pop. Managed to finally get 10k using a single lip trick and revert. Took me many, many tries you just have to be gentle with your inputs and keep the meter near the middle the whole time once you go too far either side it's hard to keep control of.