Do you try to keep the games you buy?

Dreakon139

Game Ownership  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Do you try and keep the games you buy?

• Yeah, I try to keep everything I buy. Like a collection!
    • No, I tend to trade in/sell games once I'm done with them.
    • Not applicable, I rent 90% of my games.

I try and keep the games I buy and if I end up with a series of games ill add to the collection and get the official guide books to go with them so its like a complete set. I tend to hang off on buying them at release as some will release a collectors or complete edition with the added dlc included etc so id go for those instead. I always thought it would be cool if they did like a box set type set like you would get as a blu ray or dvd

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I have 53 games and all belong to my collection,never think to sell anyone of them...I choose carefully what games i am buying and i love to seeing the artwork etc :D

I think people that sell every one game that finishing with it,doesnt really love games,but trophies.

Edited by Survival Horror
  • Like 2

I have kept every game I have ever bought for all games systems I still currently own (I did have a Dreamcast with about 5 games which I sold to a friend cos I never really played it). Apart from the moment of madness when I traded in about 20 PS2 games. That'll not be happening again, ever! :lol:

I keep every single game I buy and I've been doing so consistently since my PS1 days. I sold my entire Sega Mega Drive collection in order to buy a PS1, which I kinda regret now, but it was the only way back then.

Also I never blind buy games. I have a pretty good idea of what games I'm going to buy and when, and I have never bought a game that I don't like having in my collection.

I'd never sell anything good just because I got all the trophies or something like that. Why would anyone sell Uncharted 2 for instance? Some games are just infinitely re-playable - trophies have nothing to do with it.

• Like 1

Ive only ever traded in a few games.. for example.. traded in Dragon Age Origins.. when the guy at gamestop told I could trade it straight across for Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition. All in all, only a handful of games I have purchased I traded in. My Dragon Age games and ME 2 and ME 3 are signed by Bioware..so those are definately not for sale! Others in my collection I have tried out via a friend. However lately I haven't had much time to game and Ive also found my ps vita collection slowly growing! (pre ordered Ragnarok Odyssey mercenary edition, and South Park, and Dead Island: Riptide - loved the first Dead Island). Too many games..not enough money! I do hope to keep expanding my library.. I have a huge list of games to pick up!

My answer doesn't really apply, I am from all 3 categories haha. I rent what I dont care to take a chance on, buy what I like, and keep it if its great, if not, I sell it. I also made a few hundred dollars on sales of games. Sold one snes game for $250, I wasnt playing it anymore so why hold onto gold.

I hold onto all the games I buy as I never know when I'll be in the mood to play them again and don't want to regret getting rid of the game like I did with PokeMon Crystal I also don't want to feel ripped off with the trade in prices. I'll admit to being tempted a few times due to new releases but I've just had to be patient and wait instead of getting rid of some games especially those that become quite hard to find later on.

My financial situation grows ridiculously more desperate each month, thanks in large part to a live-in ex-fiance with no job... Many splendered a thing as that may be, it means that any games I buy can only be afforded by cannabalizing older games by way of store credit. Behind the shimmer of all new (or new to me) games are the mournful phantoms of games-gone-by, like a reverse family-tree, perpetually reducing until one day, if the pattern holds, I will either be down to one game or absolute zero.

This only applies to my PS3 and Wii libraries. My GameBoy, NES, SNES, 64, and GameCube stuff is too hard to come by for me to turn my back on. And with a gaming future so bleak, it's only fitting to glorify my gaming past.

• Like 1