Removing spammers from the PSNP Community on PSN

OK, so there's an actual PSN Community for PSNProfiles.com, mostly so people can post their latest platinum images and other trophy chat. But a few users are spamming it every day with nonsensical messages, and it would be great to remove them.

@Sly Ripper Sorry to loop you in directly, but I think you're the only one who has permission to do this as the owner of the PSN community. Would you be willing/able to do so if I provided PSN names? I'm not going to call anyone out publicly unless asked.

HAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGA

WOW XMAS YOUNG ZURRIEQ !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

...lol

I did not know that people actually uses this group, but it comes back every day indeed.

Just now, NekoRave said:

No he won't help lmao it's a group for psn communities has nothing to do with site ownership. 

Its like me having a psnp group on fb and asking sly to moderate. 

Not happening 

He meant the specific PSNProfiles group on PSN. Where Sly is the moderator. People normally post plat images on there with some request/talk in between.

• Like 1

I agree that these kinds of people are annoying to come across on many 10,000+ member communities (most I've seen are GTAV attention whores) but to me removing these players from communities isn't worth it because there are just so many of them, they can be easily replaced and technically they're not breaking any rules unless the message of the day (or community description) is against advertising or off-topic posts/discussion and community moderation is enforced. Do people even look at those messages anyway? I sure do, but you can't trust every user to be like me.

It might be difficult but I could suggest ignoring these users all together? Ah, who am I to ask. Since Sony decided for no reason to take away support for the PS4 Communities iOS/Android App I lost my preferred way to frequently use this feature, therefore I can't even comment about how PS4 Communities are today. Because of this I decided I'd moved to Reddit completely (my Cake Day is June 28th, in case anyone here cares). Sure Reddit has it's problems, but I'm afraid there aren't any better or more appropriate alternatives should one migrate.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

I wouldn't join any 'trophy' communities on PSN, they're really boring IMO, it's all the same constant flow of posts like this:

User 1 - "#69 My Name is Mayo"

User 2 - "#180 Call of Duty Modern Black Warfare Ops 7"

User 1 - "#70 Slyde"

User 3 - Can someone help me boost

User 1 - "#71 Hannah Montannas Big Day Out"

User 2 - "#181 Find Your Car Keys - The Game"

User 4 - "#890 Kim Kardashian Dance Party"

etc. etc.

The best comment ever that I read on this site :D

7 hours ago, PepsiMaxVanilla said:

I agree that these kinds of people are annoying to come across on many 10,000+ member communities (most I've seen are GTAV attention whores) but to me removing these players from communities isn't worth it because there are just so many of them, they can be easily replaced and technically they're not breaking any rules unless the message of the day (or community description) is against advertising or off-topic posts/discussion and community moderation is enforced. Do people even look at those messages anyway? I sure do, but you can't trust every user to be like me.

That's the weird thing, it isn't lots and lots of people, it's literally like 3 accounts, they just happen to post multiple times a day with "Add me" or "hauuuuuuuga". And the only reason they aren't breaking rules is that there are no rules. My only other recourse is to report their accounts to Sony, which seems drastic.

If Sly isn't going to moderate the group, and I totally get why he wouldn't want to, why does it even exist?

• Like 1

Sly doesn’t care anymore. He barely does anything. 

I don’t bother with that community. Just trophy events in general I don’t really bother with. 

I have a trophy thread and I post my platinums in the Most Recent Platinum thread. That’s good enough for me.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Is it even active?...why not just make your own PSNP community on PSN and moderate it as owner.

4e3hc2.jpg

But anyways, I have been asked to join a lot of communities and I always deny them. It would be different if it was just my friends but often people see a certain trophy count and want you to join up. I am on my PS4 to watch movies or play games...the rest of it I can do here.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

4e3hc2.jpg

But anyways, I have been asked to join a lot of communities and I always deny them. It would be different if it was just my friends but often people see a certain trophy count and want you to join up. I am on my PS4 to watch movies or play games...the rest of it I can do here.

This^

I'm sick to death of random people, spamming me to death with invites to communities I have zero interest in joining ?!

I'm a member of 2 PSN Communities but one is dead as a dodo and the other only consists of people posting whatever Plat they've just got and massaging their egos, which is about as boring as it gets when it comes to killing the art of conversation.

On 06/09/2020 at 1:00 PM, JohnCenaSong- said:

I wouldn't join any 'trophy' communities on PSN, they're really boring IMO, it's all the same constant flow of posts like this:

User 1 - "#69 My Name is Mayo"

User 2 - "#180 Call of Duty Modern Black Warfare Ops 7"

User 1 - "#70 Slyde"

User 3 - Can someone help me boost

User 1 - "#71 Hannah Montannas Big Day Out"

User 2 - "#181 Find Your Car Keys - The Game"

User 4 - "#890 Kim Kardashian Dance Party"

etc. etc.

This^

PSN communities were fun when they started but now they're essentially graveyards of suck, consisting of only spam and screenshots.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

6 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

But anyways, I have been asked to join a lot of communities and I always deny them.

I get this a lot and I'm not sure why, one person sent me an invite on 3 seperate occasions (so far ?) with an identical copy/paste PSN message each time. I reckon a bunch of those communities use bots to mass message certain types of accounts. 

The one I had was something to do with completion rates or something, thing is I did reply the second time saying basically 'no thanks you've invited me twice now with the same message please stop'. Guy apologised but a month or so later I got another one from the same guy and it wouldn't surprise me if I get another one day. Weird, because my main account isn't active on any forums (if you Google my PSN you pretty much just get a PSNProfile page) so I don't know how they find me.