Online issues.. 4 years later

Hakoom

so returning to this game after 4 years to still see that it takes 10~20mins to find 1 online opponent...

i tried searching with 4 other friends to make it go faster and to see if it can connect and i spent 2 hours on the search screen trying to connect to them and i couldnt even once.. we where all close in ranks between silver and gold its not like iam searching for dummy accs..

so playing legit doesnt work and trying to boost it doesnt work..

can anyone give me a solution to the network issue iam facing? every other game works  fine except SFV :( 

i really want to plat it and i only miss 125 wins but finding 1 opponent in 20mins just doesnt cut it.. i become cold and cant keep my winning rythem.

1 hour ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

I always turn on the "Rival Search" and chill in the main menu, finding opponents failry quickly (up to 2 min max).

Go to battle settings and turn on Fight Request for Ranked Match.

i did that already and its the same.. i can never find my friends who are also searching with me.. i mean if 4 ppl are searching at the same time shouldnt it connect in 10~20 seconds? here i think something is wrong when i cant even find my own friends 

39 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Isn't this on Plus now? You would think a bunch of new players would be around.

thats what i was wondering too.. but i am at gold rank / super silver so i wont find rookies or bronze i guess?

1 hour ago, Hakoom said:

i did that already and its the same.. i can never find my friends who are also searching with me.. i mean if 4 ppl are searching at the same time shouldnt it connect in 10~20 seconds? here i think something is wrong when i cant even find my own friends 

thats what i was wondering too.. but i am at gold rank / super silver so i wont find rookies or bronze i guess?

That sucks. I wonder if you could level up a fake account and just trade wins back and forth

I'm still ranked Rookie but before the PS Plus. I would always find gold\diamond\platinum players in the lounges. After the PS Plus release, the lounge is filled with Rookies to the point where I can barely find a bronze. So I'm guessing it's gonna take time before these Rookies rank up. 

When I can't find a casual match I would set my connection to 2-5 and go to training to perfect my combos. The game would find a match every 2 mins. So mostly it's a connection issue. Where it would take a while to find someone with 3 and above around your country where you'd find 2+ easily from other regions that won't be laggy.  

3 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

That sucks. I wonder if you could level up a fake account and just trade wins back and forth

even if i get him to gold or silver i still cant connect with my main xD  like i mentioned earlier i cant find my friends who are searching with me

3 hours ago, Xx-KingOFDark-xX said:

I'm still ranked Rookie but before the PS Plus. I would always find gold\diamond\platinum players in the lounges. After the PS Plus release, the lounge is filled with Rookies to the point where I can barely find a bronze. So I'm guessing it's gonna take time before these Rookies rank up. 

When I can't find a casual match I would set my connection to 2-5 and go to training to perfect my combos. The game would find a match every 2 mins. So mostly it's a connection issue. Where it would take a while to find someone with 3 and above around your country where you'd find 2+ easily from other regions that won't be laggy.  

lounges dont count it has to be ranked match for the 300 win trophy

and the guys are all from my country too

2 hours ago, Hakoom said:

even if i get him to gold or silver i still cant connect with my main xD  like i mentioned earlier i cant find my friends who are searching with me

lounges dont count it has to be ranked match for the 300 win trophy

and the guys are all from my country too

I was just emphasizing the new players with the lounges as proof. That the game is filled now with new players unlike before the PS Plus. It will take time for these players to rank up and thus increasing the chances to match with higher ranked players. Ofcourse, not all of them will as I suspect 75% of those who downloaded the game will try it and quit it. 

I'd say try to match your connection restrictions with your friends to to be the same and just hope that capcom's servers will match you together. Also on Rookie - Ultra Gold and most platinums the game will try with all its efforts to match you with the same ranked players. So it's important for your friends to be on the same rank. It's only on diamond and above that the game will match you with different ranks other than below diamond. 

Other than that you could try the rival search mentioned before by SnowNinjaRaccoon and also do it legit despite how boring and tedious that will be. 

Edited by Xx-KingOFDark-xX

3 hours ago, grimydawg___ said:

Could it be the country you're in?  Generally, I'd get matches fairly quickly, unless it was real late/early morning.

well like i explained earlier

we are 4 ppl from the same country searching at the same time we can never connect to each other... and when it does connect its a random from the same country

the search is just too slow thats why i want to boost it and still i cant connect to the guys searching at the same time lol

39 minutes ago, Hakoom said:

well like i explained earlier

we are 4 ppl from the same country searching at the same time we can never connect to each other... and when it does connect its a random from the same country

the search is just too slow thats why i want to boost it and still i cant connect to the guys searching at the same time lol

Yeah the net code is trash already.  Just didn't think it was THAT trash

The Netcode is Ass, that is a well known fact.

And answering a question from before: you will not find you bronze friends in ranked when you yourself are ulta silver / gold. The game matches you up with people of +- a league of you, so as a ultra silver you will find only people from super silver to gold, in rare cases regular silver. That goes for all the leagues except for diamond, as diamond you will also find masters and above.

Which ping range/connection status are you searching? Only 5? Capcom did make the ping ranges more strict earlier this year, so that may explain why you're having a longer wait than before. Searching for 4-5 now is like what 5 was before. 3-5 is like what 4-5 was before. 2-5 is like what 3-5 was before.

Edited by BrilloHD

5 hours ago, BrilloHD said:

Which ping range/connection status are you searching? Only 5? Capcom did make the ping ranges more strict earlier this year, so that may explain why you're having a longer wait than before. Searching for 4-5 now is like what 5 was before. 3-5 is like what 4-5 was before. 2-5 is like what 3-5 was before.

i already explained this it has nothing to do with the ping

iam searching for my own friends (boosting) and i cant find them

i find randoms every 5~10mins with ping 2 but the game is too laggy and not even worth playing and most of the time ppl just rage quit when you are about to win

Asked a friend after seeing the post and he solved his issue as below. At least for him. 

1. make sure you have something like a handshaking icon. 

2. Connect PS4 with caple 

3. Configure your wifi DMZ and port forwarding (IMPORTANT

4. Since you are in a higher ranked, try lowering it so you can have a better chance of finding people. Forget about boosting, its tedious. 

5. Try to change the routine of playing time. means play in daylight more and alternate that with a weekend in the night. 

6. Enable playing with PC players in case you disabled it

Edited by cometowner