Online still work?

fsluca

39 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

They're still up but will be utterly dead at this point, though I imagine finding a boosting partner will be very difficult.

Dead? Not from my experience. When I boosted this games some weeks ago, I found more than 10 random players when trying to connect to my boosting partner. Well, the major of them just left the lobby when I didn't start the match. But there was one that basically was there everyday and everytime that just refused to left the lobby and give me so much trouble to connect to my partner. I don't know if this guy still is there but in this game the case is: sometimes you will search for a match and no one is playing and on other times you will find someone. So definitely are some people still playing. 

Edited by Wakayama_PT
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Wakayama_PT said:

Dead? Not from my experience. When I boosted this games some weeks ago, I found more than 10 random players when trying to connect to my boosting partner. Well, the major of them just left the lobby when I didn't start the match. But there was one that basically was there everyday and everytime that just refused to left the lobby and give me so much trouble to connect to my partner. I don't know if this guy still is there but in this game the case is: sometimes you will search for a match and no one is playing and on other times you will find someone. So definitely are some people still playing. 

That does surprise me. I would have thought that after 10-11 years, the servers would have been utterly dead apart from a smattering of trophy boosters.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

That does surprise me. I would have thought that after 10-11 years, the servers would have been utterly dead apart from a smattering of trophy boosters.

When me and my buddy were boosting AC Brotherhood a few months ago, one random would join us if our alt console wasn't quick enough and he'd mess with our sessions. What's more interesting is that Brotherhood isn't the only game in the series with multiplayer, he could have gone to newer games, like Black Flag which is still quite active. No. He was waiting for hours for anyone who'd connect. I could write a psychology essay just on the people like them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HaserPL said:

When me and my buddy were boosting AC Brotherhood a few months ago, one random would join us if our alt console wasn't quick enough and he'd mess with our sessions. What's more interesting is that Brotherhood isn't the only game in the series with multiplayer, he could have gone to newer games, like Black Flag which is still quite active. No. He was waiting for hours for anyone who'd connect. I could write a psychology essay just on the people like them.

The same thing happened with Quantum of Solace.

There was always 1 or 2 people hanging around to mess with boosting. The game required (i believe) a minimum of either 4 or 6 to get a game started so it was very annoying to complete.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Played a little more last night, I actually was #1 on the weekly leaderboards, but that quickly changed. I ran into 2 die hards, one level 150ish, and one level 200.

Another thing that keeps the PS3 so active when it comes to some of these older games is the free online gameplay. No other console, outside of the Wii-U allows free online gaming (And the Wii-U doesn't have many games with online play AND servers still up)

• Like 1

• 8 months later...