Will free console upgrades have a separate PS5 trophy list?

adam_31256

Hmm. It might but Ps4 save probably wont work or we may get out of order timestamps but Sony doesn't care about that I suppose. I mean imagine playing the upgraded AC Val on ps5 with the ps4 save with new trophy list. All the earlier story related trophy wouldnt pop possibly.

43 minutes ago, adam_31256 said:

Will free (or paid) console upgrades have a separate PS5 trophy list, alongside the original PS4 trophy list?

E.g. Assasins Creed Valhalla, Avengers, Watch Dogs Legion, Cyberpunk etc. 

It depends on how the developer implements the “upgrade.”

Nothing about PS5 trophy lists has been revealed by Sony or any developers yet. 

• Like 1

It would actually be pretty dope if they did.  Two trophy lists for the price of 1 would be nice.

9 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

It depends on how the developer implements the “upgrade.”

Nothing about PS5 trophy lists has been revealed by Sony or any developers yet. 

crazy thought but is there any chance that the ps5 won't have trophies?   Never really contemplated that. 

1 hour ago, Azaan60 said:

We don't know yet. But they most likely will have new trophy lists as they'll be seperate SKU's. 

I think this will purely depend on the dev just like how some games randomly had shared trophy lists between PS3, 4 and Vita. There's never really been a concrete rule for this or region stacking. Even release time has no bearing as I noticed Okami was actually sharing a trophy list with the PS4 version from years back and some games released at the same time as there ports still have separate trophy lists.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

At this point, yes, there is an actual chance. 

Yeah the fact they have't confirmed or mentioned trophy support kind of has me worried a bit.  Not sure how sony views it but I believe developers see no value in it and view it as a major hassle. Sony being in the business of selling everyone's games probably benefits more but it depends on how much more if they keep it up across future consoles.  I know of the 250 game I own i'd probably only have bought maybe 25 of them If it wasn't for the trophy.  Before trophies I usually bought a console and played the same 5 to 10 games.

• Like 3

I think they will share the same list. Makes more sense to me this way.

And I think PS5 games will have trophies, why would they remove? I dont think developers care about trophy hunters, but it's not like it's hard for them to make those lists. Besides this kind of system seems to be a staple on modern gaming. The system will probably work as is, and people are more interested on the new games and new features, so they dont need to talk about it. 

The way I assume its going down is that Sony will allow "backwards compatibility" for ps4 games, in which the lists will be the same. 

Then certain developers who are offering "upgrades", which to me means if you own the PS4 version you'll be entitled to the PS5 equivalent of that game, would have a new list.

This is why I believe Control has a new SKU releasing and only that SKU is eligible for an upgrade...meanwhile you can still play the original PS4 SKU on PS5 via back compatibility but those would have the PS4 trophies attached.

Edited by Boooda

14 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

It would actually be pretty dope if they did.  Two trophy lists for the price of 1 would be nice.

crazy thought but is there any chance that the ps5 won't have trophies?   Never really contemplated that. 

I will not buy PS5, if PS5 do not have trophy. 

Edited by TheVengeance1231
  • Like 3

On 07/09/2020 at 3:22 PM, talespagni said:

A trophy list for the console itself is extremely hard to happen, I'd say.

PS3 with PS Home (even if many years later) and Vita with Welcome Park in essence had "console trophy lists" it could be said. It's not impossible I'd say with them pushing the feedback on the controller that they'd have some short demo type game to show it on the PS5 like Welcome park.

I would really love to know asap ?

There are few games that i have on ps4 and were confirmed to have a free upgrade to next gen such as the witcher 3-borderlands 3 (haven’t start either) and of course my preordered cyberpunk.

i feel like having a shared list is more reasonable becuz there’s no way for 2 separate lists to happen as well as the ps4 save to work on ps5, since trophies will auto pop, unless they decide the save data doesn’t carry over to next gen, then what would be the point of the upgrade if i cant use my data? Start over? No thanks