Lilty Discussion

So the main question I have is why, if the Lilty is supposed to be the attack-based class, does it have the ultimate weapon with the weakest attack? I think Lilties only have a minor base attack boost compared to other races, but while the Lilty ultimate weapon has 40 strength, just like its base game maximum, other races get 50+, even Yukes. Doesn't that give Lilties the lowest max strength in the game? (FYI, my maxed out Lilty is 105 strength, but I don't know what it is for other races.)

Is there something about the ultimate weapons that sort of justify having a lower attack, like maybe higher focus attack strength that isn't immediately clear? It was the last thing I got for my 100%, so I didn't spend much time checking it out. I just don't see how it's balanced or makes any sense. I feel like I should've totally picked a Clavat instead, but I was just going off what I did when the game first came out.

But yeah, just wanted to see if anyone had any insight on why they did that to the Lilties. Kind of a bummer.

• Like 1

I'm playing a Lilty as well and have been browsing the reddit to see what other people have been saying about this. Some people think it might have been a number error while others say SE just doesn't care. I saw a image of a maxed out Clavat and they have 15 more attack than a maxed out Lilty (105 vs 120). If we consider the Longinus with Dragon Soul and a perfect 5 hit combo, a Lilty can barely get the same strength as a Clavat (since the Dragon Soul adds 3 damage per focus attack for 15 points of extra damage on the Longinus). 

If the Lilty is stronger than a maxed out Clavat, it's by barely a slim margin. Clavat has superior cast speed to a Lilty which matters a whole hell of a lot in post-game dungeons. 

The only question is... is the focus attacks on the Lilty's Ultimate weapons piercing (without Dragon Soul)? Cause then that would explain the lesser attack if the Lilty somehow has some invisible defense piercing modifiers or something. But from the looks of things, doesn't seem that way. It's truly a dissapointment and I hope they buff their Ultimate Weapons to the other classes values.

Maxed out Clavat listed below: 

Spoiler

wvnv79xf17m51.jpg

Ok, well, then I was right to be upset. It does seem like a weird mistake. I don't really get it. Definitely wish I had just gone with Clavat, but wow, so boring you know, picking the vanilla human character in a fantasy RPG. It's just a weird slap in the face to take the strongest race and make it the weakest. Hopefully it was just some mistake, but I don't know if they'll fix it.