Platinum unobtainable! (patch 1.06)

LegendaryPound69

2 hours ago, MilanYildirim said:

Or pay full price the games that actually deserve and let those cash grab ones die. 

And it’s up to individual discretion as to what games actually deserve it, and lol all games are what you’d call “cash grabs” so that’s not really something you can actually quantify.  

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

And it’s up to individual discretion as to what games actually deserve it, and lol all games are what you’d call “cash grabs” so that’s not really something you can actually quantify.  

How can you even say all games are cash grabs? That doesn’t even make any sense. So a game is a cash grab because they charge you money for it? Cash grabs imply they charge you for the game and then try to get you to spend more money on tons of different microtransactions. This Avengers game is full of that crap and they even said every character is going to have its own battle pass. It’s absurd.

• Like 2

How fucking retarded! Trophies become unobtainable that shortly after the game is released? 

I agree though. I have learned this hard lesson long ago. If you are going to pre order a game, play it on an alternate account first before you dive into it on your main so your not stuck with an unfinishable game on your profile if your so worried about these “kinks”

I agree with the other statement as well, there would be no industry if people just stopped pre ordering and buying games new just because things go wrong with trophies. Developers normally don’t cater to us anyway unless its ratalaika (now THAT IS a garbage publisher selling shitty cash grabs) 

Edited by royal642award
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, royal642award said:

How fucking retarded! Trophies become unobtainable that shortly after the game is released? 

I agree though. I have learned this hard lesson long ago. If you are going to pre order a game, play it on an alternate account first before you dive into it on your main so your not stuck with an unfinishable game on your profile if your so worried about these “kinks”

I agree with the other statement as well, there would be no industry if people just stopped pre ordering and buying games new just because things go wrong with trophies. Developers normally don’t cater to us anyway unless its ratalaika (now THAT IS a garbage publisher selling shitty cash grabs) 

Or play it in a blank account so you don’t waste time

I personally don’t buy games day one anymore because I have a lot of games already plus me and my friend are boosting a lot these days so am always busy, my little brother still buys games so I have access to some of them but I like to wait until the game is little old to see if it’s worth the hassle or not like nioh 2, I wanted to play it day 1 but I decided to wait for game of the year edition to enjoy it fully with my friend

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

That’s dumb though, it’s the people that buy right away that actually support the game, if everybody did what you say, the industry would die. I’ll buy and pre-order as much as I want thank you.

Facts. Good shit 

8 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

I guess people will never learn to STOP pre-ordering or buying right at or directly after launch. That's why I always wait. And wait some more. Until finally all the kinks are worked out and the price has dropped. Absurd spending $60 or more for a game... especially giving the fact that personally I'll never touch it again after I platinum it.

cause I don’t want to play only old games I’ll rather stop with gaming then never play new games again that would be no fun

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Because people stop pre-ordering games the industry would die?  confused.gif Love the lack of logic there. And Dark said what said was dumb? Before the concept of pre-ordering games even existed did the game industry die then? No? Alrighty then, I rest my case. And go ahead brah, if you wanna pre-order games all the power to ya!  gaming.gifhigh5.gifthumbsup.gif
No one's stopping ya. I know at least that I'm not going to be the one getting burned. whistle.gif 

I agree with you. Not a single respectable developer would fall or even notice a change in income, nevermind 'the entire industry'.

Developers who build a reputation of only releasing properly tested games would get more pre-orders the next time around.

But I also dont blame the devs. If I could get paid doing my job half-arsed and still have people willing to pay me the same amount of money as if I did the job properly, I probably wouldnt bother either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JediKnight_327 said:

I agree with you. Not a single respectable developer would fall or even notice a change in income, nevermind 'the entire industry'.

Developers who build a reputation of only releasing properly tested games would get more pre-orders the next time around.

But I also dont blame the devs. If I could get paid doing my job half-arsed and still have people willing to pay me the same amount of money as if I did the job properly, I probably wouldnt bother either.

When it gets really close to release and the team can only iron out the most game breaking bugs so it has a chance at a smoother launch they almost have to do things the way they do to get it out the door at launch.  If the game had been delayed into next year, or even another month, then maybe the trophy issues would've been fixed. 

The time and pressure that goes into developing a AAA game isn't an easy job, even having to leave things unfixed for launch.  There is really nothing half arsed about any of it, as you put it.

The other thing is they maybe shouldn't just drop patches out of the gate before properly testing them, if it was 1.04 that broke the trophy in the first place.  Rapid barely tested patches cause more issues than anything.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

Lol this game sounds like it should be priced at $20..

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 on the Switch > Marvel Avengers 

How bad is the micro transactions? 

Cosmetics only, if you don’t click on either of the 2 buttons that say ‘marketplace’ you wouldn’t even know they were there.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

Absurd is buying a gazillion of ratalaika shit, but you seem to be fine with that by the looks of your profile.

Was about to say. He seems to be doing pretty well for himself with a profile that’s overstuffed with short plats. I know I’m not one to talk since I also do those, but point still stands.

Edited by Connorsonicblura
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Akrioz said:

Get your facts straight. You said that noone should buy the game at launch. Not only pre-order. And if noone buys any at launch there is no profit for developers. When are you supposed to buy a game? Ten patches later on a sale? Devs would not patch anything, because noone is actually playing, you know? Most games are perfectly portable at launch. This game is a bland service cashgrab, yeah, but it everyone who bought it should have expected that. Some people like that type of games.

Absurd is buying a gazillion of ratalaika shit, but you seem to be fine with that by the looks of your profile.

Not sure what you mean, exactly, about "getting my facts straight" but I guess I'll assume you're talking about me saying the game industry would die if people stopped pre-ordering??? Honestly I really don't know what the hell you're talking about with the whole "get my facts straight" comment but if my assumption is correct well, then, just so you know that comment was quoted from someone else and I basically quoted it to highlight the failed logic behind the statement. Again, no idea what I need to get my facts straight about but maybe you can help elaborate a bit more?

As far as it being absurd about spending money on a bunch of Rat games, you're basically making this statement to not only me but to an incredibly large population of gamers that all do the same thing as well. Besides, I wouldn't call it absurd. I'd call it smart and wallet friendly. I'd rather pay for a ton of cheap Rat games on sale that give me TWO platinums for a very cheap price and in the process build my profile up higher (because, you know, that is what trophy hunting is about after all in case you didn't get the memo). And as I previously stated once I platinum a game I never touch it again (unless they release DLC that has trophies) so again, I'd rather buy a ton of cheap Rat games, get a shit ton of platinums out of it as opposed to paying 50-60 dollars for one game, one platinum and a game I'll never touch again. Less regret that way for me. 

6 hours ago, Connorsonicblura said:

Was about to say. He seems to be doing pretty well for himself with a profile that’s overstuffed with short plats. I know I’m not one to talk since I also do those, but point still stands.

Overstuffed with short plats? I suggest you take a closer look at my profile then. Your "point" doesn't stand. Yes, I do indeed have a ton of short, simple platinums. Most serious trophy hunters that love building on their profiles do. But I have way more games that aren't short and aren't easy compared to the ones that are. Again, an in-depth look would reflect this fact and not what appears to be the cursory glance that you gave my list.

Edited by MrTacoNinja

On 9/7/2020 at 5:55 PM, MrTacoNinja said:

I guess people will never learn to STOP pre-ordering or buying right at or directly after launch. That's why I always wait. And wait some more. Until finally all the kinks are worked out and the price has dropped. Absurd spending $60 or more for a game... especially giving the fact that personally I'll never touch it again after I platinum it.

Clearly this post of mine set off a pressure plate for some people so let me be clear on a few things. First of all, if you want to pre-order games, cool. If you want to take that common chance of getting burned by doing so, cool. If you want to buy a game right after launch, cool. If you want to spend 40, 50, 60+ dollars on a game... cool! That's your prerogative and I honestly don't care what you do with your money. Secondly if you want to support a developer, awesome man, do you. Personally (and I'm likely going to get scorned for this comment) I don't give a rat's ass if a developer makes money, or if they do well and succeed, or if they even tank and go bust. Frankly I don't care if the gaming industry fails! It makes no difference to me because gaming is just something I do for the sake of collecting trophies, nothing more. If the gaming industry fails, oh well. My life still goes on. Harsh? Yup. But I'm only being honest man. 

• Like 1