This game should have some skill rating system in multiplayer

SaviorKIA

Finally I started playing some multiplayer and it seems to me that skill rating system is must have here. Letting player choose which game mode he wants to play is not a good idea. I'm doing challenge for winning Jam matches and it's sad to see that 2-3 out of 8 people are making million combo and the rest is stuck at about 30-40k. I can imagine how frustrating this game may be for those 5-6 players on server. They try to enjoy the game, but they won't when they can't win a single time.

What you guys think about that?

I'm sorry for totally destroying you with my 2-3 million combos ?

But yeah, I agree. I just played around two hours of online and got 40 wins in Jams out of it. That's 40 1st places. The competition is not there. Maybe there's a skill balance system in the competitive mode?

Edited by Asimb0mb

22 minutes ago, Asimb0mb said:

I'm sorry for totally destroying you with my 2-3 million combos 1f605.png

But yeah, I agree. I just played around two hours of online and got 40 wins in Jams out of it. The competition is not there. Maybe there's a skill balance system in the competitive mode?

We were playing together? :D I was playing for about 3 hours and got 32 wins in Jam and 5 in Competetive, so not bad considering I've played about 60-70 games. I enjoy it so much, but I also have streaks of 10 games where I don't even have to try, because I can fall 5 times when going for "first to combo" and still win without any problem.

I don't think there is any kind of rating system in competitive, because I also had games in that mode, where some people were at 100k high score, I had 1-1,5m and other had 3m. This disproportion destroys the game. Beginner's shouldn't come to competitive, but also veterans shouldn't be able to play versus them on Jam after 200 win challenge. If they won't change it, the Jam will become home for people who suck versus better players, but are still above beginners. And cause of that, the game community will close to new players.

Edited by SaviorKIA

2 minutes ago, Asimb0mb said:

I don't know if we were actually playing together. I could just recognize myself in your post because I was definitely that guy getting 2-3 million combos while the rest struggled to even get 1 million 1f605.png

Probably after I'm done with Jam and solo challenges, I will come to Competitive mode and start hating people like you, like Jam players hate me right now :D My fingers are not as quick as they were 20 years ago.

18 hours ago, Asimb0mb said:

But yeah, I agree. I just played around two hours of online and got 40 wins in Jams out of it. That's 40 1st places. The competition is not there. Maybe there's a skill balance system in the competitive mode?

I have to correct you in jam wins means being in the top 4 (read the description of this challenge) and imo this is a good choice at least beginners can still get a "win" and a progress on this challenge. 

In the description of the competition challenge it only says that you have to won it i guess in this mode you really have to be the first. But I agree with you it's still a little bit unbalanced

19 hours ago, Asimb0mb said:

I feel kind of bad for being this type of person, but I need the Jams challenges to maximize XP.

39 minutes ago, Asimb0mb said:

The Jams wins challenge is actually broken. It says you have to be top 4 to win, but the challenge only counts 1st place wins. That's why I specified those were 40 1st places.

Oh.. I tested it out right now and you are totally right. I tested being and in the 4th and in top 3 both don't count. Sorry haha

1 hour ago, UnhallowedBlood said:

I feel kind of bad for being this type of person, but I need the Jams challenges to maximize XP.

It's ok if going for 200 wins. But as I said Jam should be only available until you got 200 wins there (some kind of multiplayer intro) and then you should be forced to move on to competitive but with skill rating implemented. And ofc 3rd mode without rating to just warm up for few mins before jumping into competitive (like what Jam is right now). New players would have their place for some time, but also nobody would be frustrated with losing all the time, if they play vs players with similar skill.

Yeah I can definitely confirm there's not even a hidden skill rating system in Competitive. I played about 5 hours of Competitive today and still won a huge number of times. For sure there are better players in Competitive than Jams, but still the game doesn't match me with players who are on my skill level.

So there's really no difference between Competitive and Jams right now other than that beginners seem to be more active in Jams while more experienced players are active in Competitive.

I'm at 80 something wins in Competitive right now. Once I get 200, I'll have to come back to Jams to get those 160 wins I haven't gotten yet. Sorry in advance ?

Edited by Asimb0mb