At what % does a platinum get your respect?

effdeegee

Meh, I coluld give two squats what Plats people have for what games or the rarity of those Plats.

I never check on other gamers to see which games they earned Plats on, let alone considered one better than another. The only time I check another players stats is before I send or recieve a friend request to see what game or games we have in common. Other than that, as long as that person had and has fun playing their games, that's all I care about.

Want to earn my respect as a gamer...be a fun, decent gamer to know and game with.  :)

• Like 1

Percentace does not count for me.

There are pretty hard platinums with a higher percentage because the games are great and then there are pretty easy platinums nobody wants to play so they have a low percentage.

For example Singstar Digital. 2 Ultra Rare Platinum.

Just because of singing 400 (800) songs.

Not much respect for the Plat itself, but instead for the gamer who takes the time and dedicates him/herself to it.

Indeed the rarity of the Plat doesn't tell the whole story.

As long as the ride itself towards Platinum is enjoyable, then the game as a whole deserves my respect.

I respect platinums (or any trophies for that matter) that I know (from personal experience) are tough; whether tough due to skill level required or simply investing a massive amount of time to achieve. The percentage doesn't really equate (with 100% accuracy) to how hard said game is in many cases though.

As far as the animated film-based games (Disney/Pixar) go, even they get my "respect". I have played several of them and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I have seen nearly every animated "Kids" film since my childhood and love them... I swear the writers know the parents are going to be stuck watching the films hundreds of times and add little innuendos to keep it interesting; the games are usually great tie-ins to the films and super fun to co-op with my kids. I really don't think they are all push-over platinums either. Toy Story 3 took some pretty serious time to hunt down collectibles. How to Train Your Dragon also had a ton of collectibles. Monsters vs. Aliens had a few tough sections to get through with Ginormica. Ice Age had a couple tricky challenges (damn you :shakefist:  egg roll). They all have that one (or two) real pain in the ass trophy.

Meh, I coluld give two squats what Plats people have for what games or the rarity of those Plats.

I never check on other gamers to see which games they earned Plats on, let alone considered one better than another. The only time I check another players stats is before I send or recieve a friend request to see what game or games we have in common. Other than that, as long as that person had and has fun playing their games, that's all I care about.

Want to earn my respect as a gamer...be a fun, decent gamer to know and game with.  :)

Where have you been Wade? Nice to see you posting again :D

• 10 years later...

I would say below 10 or 5%, because even if every plat is great, I found kinda cool to get some rare ones. 

Platinum trophies now are way more easy to get than the PS3 era. I think these ones are more interesting.

(and I'm saying all of this with a rarest plat at 6.10% ahah)

Edited by flrnbrn

Funny how Disney was considered the shovelware of the time...now they all would be respected 😅

Except a couple of plats, I'm pretty happy with them all, but I do tend to appreciate them more when they are lower than 10% (even more at 5%), because they usually mean a good chunk of effort was put in.

I know what the OP is trying to ask so I apologise for not really tackling the question the way intended but... probably like ~60%, maybe 70%?

Rarity percentage as a stat really doesn't mean anything to me because there's so many factors but generally speaking if something is below 60% it's probably not shovelware at least (maybe, there's even ultra rare shovelware too).

Also, nice to feel old seeing a thread bumped by a decade and reminding myself that sites like this are oooold now xD

If its a game that I was interested in, like kingdom hearts or a game that I know it's hard, sure.  Overall I don't really care. 

But I earn those trophies cause I want it on my profile, I don't care what others think.  

And my steam trophy list has the weirdest 100% trophy list you ever seen. 

It's probably only "ultra rare" platinums that give me a fleeting moment's pause to think "nice job." But I don't really think a person with such trophies is a great gamer, just that they probably wasted spent a lot of time getting it. They're in good company with the amount of time I've spent getting trophies.