What are you doing for XP?

reddlotus_

More so directed to the people around LVL 70+ I've seen a lot of you saying you've done most of the challenges worth doing (basically anything over 200). I'm just about in that same boat at LVL 65 with a handful of easy gap challenges I need to do but after that, then what? I tried multiplayer and it honestly seems pretty meh for XP gains overall. What I think is the correct strat is going into a map, getting the max combo/score XP, and going for a long grind, manual, and vert trick, rinse repeat. Custom skate parks can also net you XP so maybe something will be made in the coming days/weeks. Maybe double XP in the near future..? Just kinda curious if anyone is doing anything different as this is the last difficult trophy a lot of us need and I haven't seen much talk about it.

(I'm not sure why two posts were made..? Sorry!)

• Like 1

If we dont find a good way to gain xp it will be a long online grind. When you are done with all other trophys there's nothing really left that gives xp from challenge side. And online the problem is wasting xp when first to hit 150k score/combo round is on becuase you cant really do bonus xp

1 hour ago, Syco2oo5 said:

If we dont find a good way to gain xp it will be a long online grind. When you are done with all other trophys there's nothing really left that gives xp from challenge side. And online the problem is wasting xp when first to hit 150k score/combo round is on becuase you cant really do bonus xp

Yea the online wasting XP thing is why I'm trying the Warehouse method I stated above. Takes about a minute thirty to do and nets around 200 XP but, I'm not forcing it. I don't personally care about the trophy leaderboard so I'll get it eventually.

53 minutes ago, sean7979 said:

I'm waiting for an event or an update that makes it easier to get XP. Getting to level 100 is the last trophy I need, but right now it's way too much of a grind. I have a feeling they'll add limited-time challenges eventually.

I hope you're right about limited time challenges didn't even think about that. Honestly just dunno how much they're going to support the game after launch and that's what I was a little worried about with these huge margins between LVLs

7 minutes ago, UnhallowedBlood said:

I'm just clearing as many challenges as I can right now. I've cleared over 300 and I'm still only level 68, so seeing how the xp required increases each level I'm probably going to run out of challenges before I get to 100.

I've cleared less than you actually, are you doing all XP challenges or just things over a certain number? And I'm almost certain all challenges do not get you to LVL 100 haha.

22 minutes ago, reddlotus_ said:

I've cleared less than you actually, are you doing all XP challenges or just things over a certain number? And I'm almost certain all challenges do not get you to LVL 100 haha.

I'm doing all skater specific challenges for sure; some of them don't award that much, but there are a lot of them and it only takes maybe an hour to clear all of them for one character. From there I'm just gonna wing it. I'll go for any challenges that reward a lot of xp, but if there are any smaller ones that seem like a pain I won't bother.

2 hours ago, MACHONACHO44556 said:

I just hit level 71 and it increased another 500 points for 72. This is gonna be ridiculous. Probably at least a 60 hour grind just for these last 30 levels. Daily and weekly challenges would definitely be welcomed. Or maybe if they had a higher cap on the xp you can earn in a single match.

Some kind of daily or weekly challenges would be a really good addition actually yeaaaa.

So now that we got the maths figured out thanks to that other thread, what is the best way to actually get xp from grinding, in terms of level choice and combo? If CAPs and Game Mods work, that should help a lot. I'll probably use this method after wrapping up the Get-Theres and seeing how many character challenges I can get done, but at best I'll probably be around 75-80 at that point.

5 minutes ago, AndyKazama said:

Reading all these threads and comments saying people are at level 70 with a lot of challenges done makes me wonder if they beta tested level 100. 1f914.png

I wonder if they do dlc adding new levels bringing new challenges making level 100 even possible

I honestly doubt they did but, at the same time we're barely four days out of release. Still such a grind though haha.

27 minutes ago, Asimb0mb said:

Yeah if this is a 100+ hours grind, I'm not even going to bother. It's GTA IV all over again. They'd better figure something out to make it less egregious.

100 would be fine, but i think its more. more like 150-200 :D but who knows. we will see

I'm sure there are better ways, but I have been doing as follows. 

Free skate - Skate park - All mods activated

Given the xp scoring caps, as soon as you load in, in one combo, lip trick the nearest pipe for 10 seconds, revert into a 10 second manual around the pool, then grind the pool for 10 seconds. When the 10 second grind is up. Spam grind mod buttons to boost the combo up, land. End run

Rinse and repeat

Free skate has some strange scoring that counts your last combo/trick as a run. So do not do anything else other than end run once you land. 

It's also important to just do one of each trick for the 10 seconds. As the xp is awarded on length. 

This nets about 175xp for about a 40 second run. I've seen other methods that net more but they seem to take longer

I appreciate this is "anti fun" to some people. But a grind is a grind, so hopefully this may help some

Edited by xMADxCHR15
Grammar

2 hours ago, xMADxCHR15 said:

I'm sure there are better ways, but I have been doing as follows. 

Free skate - Skate park - All mods activated

Given the xp scoring caps, as soon as you load in, in one combo, lip trick the nearest pipe for 10 seconds, revert into a 10 second manual around the pool, then grind the pool for 10 seconds. When the 10 second grind is up. Spam grind mod buttons to boost the combo up, land. End run

Rinse and repeat

Free skate has some strange scoring that counts your last combo/trick as a run. So do not do anything else other than end run once you land. 

It's also important to just do one of each trick for the 10 seconds. As the xp is awarded on length. 

This nets about 175xp for about a 40 second run. I've seen other methods that net more but they seem to take longer

I appreciate this is "anti fun" to some people. But a grind is a grind, so hopefully this may help some

I've started resorting to game mods to get stuff like manual, lip and grind for 10 hours out of the way. 

In normal none grind gameplay I only managed 30 minutes of grinding whilst going for gaps and level progression so some goals see a little high. 

1 hour ago, AndyKazama said:

I've started resorting to game mods to get stuff like manual, lip and grind for 10 hours out of the way. 

In normal none grind gameplay I only managed 30 minutes of grinding whilst going for gaps and level progression so some goals see a little high. 

I turned them on to knock out the remaining gaps. It's worth turning on for some of the 10hr challenges. Especially given my play style. I don’t think I would make 10hrs of lip stalls in my lifetime! 
I will say, I have cheesed the 10 hours on each (some overnight stalls etc) and the 5k they give is very nice but it still barely dents the xp grind required for 100. Only 25 levels to go and it looks like it's going to be a pretty long slog ?