What are you doing for XP?

reddlotus_

1 hour ago, xMADxCHR15 said:

I turned them on to knock out the remaining gaps. It's worth turning on for some of the 10hr challenges. Especially given my play style. I don’t think I would make 10hrs of lip stalls in my lifetime! 
I will say, I have cheesed the 10 hours on each (some overnight stalls etc) and the 5k they give is very nice but it still barely dents the xp grind required for 100. Only 25 levels to go and it looks like it's going to be a pretty long slog 1f602.png

I'm doing the same. Remember game may crash and starting to lose frame rate after some time during same combo so be sure you jump off every hour or two, because you have to land to make it count. You can do the same with manuals, but probably if you gonna play this game for some time, the manuals and grinds may be achieved naturally.

Edited by SaviorKIA

1 minute ago, SaviorKIA said:

If you don't know yet, you can use no balance game mod for 10 hours challenges? I've made a map called "10 hours of grind and lip". You got there round grind and ramps with lowest effort, so your PS4 will stay cool. Just start lip or grind and leave the game for few hours. Game may crash or start losing frame rate after some time so be sure you jump off every hour or two, because you have to land to make it count. You can do the same with manuals, but probably if you gonna play this game for some time, the manuals and grinds may be achieved naturally.

Indeed. As mentioned above, I have done these using that method. 
I just did it on skate park over the last few days. Letting it run while I went to work/bed etc. Luckily I did not experience any crashing. 
But as I mentioned, although the experience gained is definitely helpful. It barely scratches what is required for 100. So I wouldn’t recommend rushing these out.

5 minutes ago, xMADxCHR15 said:

Indeed. As mentioned above, I have done these using that method. 
I just did it on skate park over the last few days. Letting it run while I went to work/bed etc. Luckily I did not experience any crashing. 
But as I mentioned, although the experience gained is definitely helpful. It barely scratches what is required for 100. So I wouldn’t recommend rushing these out.

I've noticed after I wrote and edited it. Was quoting you but answering other guy, then I see you've already wrote that and was like wtf I just wrote :D I'm playing on PS4 Pro and had like 2-3 crashes while playing longer sessions (3-4 hours).

6 hours ago, xMADxCHR15 said:

I'm sure there are better ways, but I have been doing as follows. 

Free skate - Skate park - All mods activated

Given the xp scoring caps, as soon as you load in, in one combo, lip trick the nearest pipe for 10 seconds, revert into a 10 second manual around the pool, then grind the pool for 10 seconds. When the 10 second grind is up. Spam grind mod buttons to boost the combo up, land. End run

Rinse and repeat

Free skate has some strange scoring that counts your last combo/trick as a run. So do not do anything else other than end run once you land. 

It's also important to just do one of each trick for the 10 seconds. As the xp is awarded on length. 

This nets about 175xp for about a 40 second run. I've seen other methods that net more but they seem to take longer

I appreciate this is "anti fun" to some people. But a grind is a grind, so hopefully this may help some

How do you get almost 175 xp per round? I'm doing the same and everything in a combo and the results are always 

Total score is always between 30 &40 xp

Longest grind 25 xp

Longest manual 25 xp

Longest lip 25 xp

How does the total score work? I know the max is 75 xp and I heard if you do a combo with at least 250.000 points it's 75 xp but like I said I land a 300k combo and it only gives me 30 xp

9 minutes ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

Aah thanks! Damn you acitvison  1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png 

Yea apologies. That’s why I was throwing “about” about ?
I have just actually timed one of my little runs and I’m getting between 150 and 155 for 45 seconds worth of play. Combo landed is usually between 1 and 2 million each run. 
of course you can run a full 2 mins to hit the score cap. But an extra 1m15s worth of play for an extra 75 points is not as efficient 

Too be honest whichever way you approach it, it’s a long ass grind for xp. So do whatever is not gonna burn you out!

GLHF

46 minutes ago, SaviorKIA said:

I've noticed after I wrote and edited it. Was quoting you but answering other guy, then I see you've already wrote that and was like wtf I just wrote :D I'm playing on PS4 Pro and had like 2-3 crashes while playing longer sessions (3-4 hours).

Yea man. I saw your edit after I had already posted so I couldn't retract ? 

I'm still on the old style. Apart from sounding like a jet engine, so far (touch wood) no crashes. I left it for a 6 hour lip stall ? just lucky I think. All these extra lockdown gaming sessions have not done the old console any good

This reminds me of Wolfenstein Youngblood...do everything in the game yet you still have a ton of otherwise pointless grinding to do for trophies. I will not be going for level 100 unless major changes are made and I don't get why anyone without a 100% profile at stake would even bother. That's just too much life wasted. 

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Killbomb said:

This reminds me of Wolfenstein Youngblood...do everything in the game yet you still have a ton of otherwise pointless grinding to do for trophies. I will not be going for level 100 unless major changes are made and I don't get why anyone without a 100% profile at stake would even bother. That's just too much life wasted. 

Agreed. Honestly ruins an otherwise good trophy list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mastersturm said:

Agreed. Honestly ruins an otherwise good trophy list.

You know. This game is mostly for fans of THPS and fans won't have any problems to reach level 100 sooner or later, cause game is pretty good. I don't think consider time spent here as wasted.  If you care so much about hours/platinum just go play visual novels lol.

16 minutes ago, SaviorKIA said:

You know. This game is mostly for fans of THPS and fans won't have any problems to reach level 100 sooner or later, cause game is pretty good. I don't think consider time spent here as wasted.  If you care so much about hours/platinum just go play visual novels lol.

I love Tony Hawk. I've been playing the series since its inception. The game is still great and I'm still having a lot of fun. Me thinking the level 100 trophy detracts from the trophy list doesn't change how fun the game itself is. I've gotten grindy trophies before like level 50 in Rock Band 4 or level 50 in Star Wars Battlefront 2, but there doesn't seem to be any good, consistent xp once you've done the major challenges here. You are on a community for trophy hunting so I'm not sure why you are surprised by the discussion of the game's trophy list.

Edited by Mastersturm
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mastersturm said:

I love Tony Hawk. I've been playing the series since its inception. The game is still great and I'm still having a lot of fun. Me thinking the level 100 trophy detracts from the trophy list doesn't change how fun the game itself is. I've gotten grindy trophies before like level 50 in Rock Band 4 or level 50 in Star Wars Battlefront 2, but there doesn't seem to be any good, consistent xp once you've done the major challenges here. You are on a community for trophy hunting so I'm not sure why you are surprised by the discussion of the game's trophy list.

I know that I'm on forum for trophy hunters, so that's why I'm telling that you can play visual novels to get platinums, if that's only thing you want from game. I'm also saying that if you really like game, how can you consider spending 100+ hours playin it as wasted time. 

I know what you're talking about wasting time, because I'm forcing myself to rank 50 in RDR2 Online, in the past I did Doom Eternal Multi and infamous Wolfenstein Youngblood with changing time on console. All 3 of them are shitty for me and that was time wasted. In THPS that's gonna be long grind, but if you like the game what's the problem then? If it will start to be boring, you can always drop it for a while and come back to this later (like I did with RDR2, because I was exhausted after great singleplayer and didn't want to force myself to play multi right after that).

Edited by SaviorKIA
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Yoey_666 said:

Did someone already test to reinstall the game without the patch ? Or is the level somewhere saved online ?

In the first released patch there was the marked note at the bottom. Maybe without the patch the grinding would be easier ? Can not test it atm.

thpsa8jyq.png

Save files from the latest version of the game are not compatible with earlier versions of the game. So you would have to start over if you want to grind with extremely short runs.

2 minutes ago, stupot00 said:

I just hope some of the secret challenges that haven't been found yet give a lot of xp. 

All have been found as far as i know. The biggest part are the hidden highscore per level. They give 2k xp if iam correct. Waiting with them till the 90s to get a little boost at the end from this grind. Currently only doing the ~10sec lip, manual, grind and repeat crap

1 hour ago, Syco2oo5 said:

All have been found as far as i know. The biggest part are the hidden highscore per level. They give 2k xp if iam correct. Waiting with them till the 90s to get a little boost at the end from this grind. Currently only doing the ~10sec lip, manual, grind and repeat crap

Already? I've only seen about 7 posted so far so still missing 20