Mafia 2 Definitive Edition still performs like a piece of shit.

ImMagnetz

Months after its release, and after finally getting the Platinum after they finally fixed the bugged Enforcer trophy, I've gone back to this game to play through the DLCs and holy shit, they still haven't done anything about how terribly this game performs. The game stutters like hell every time you turn a corner, the map has a hard time loading in a lot of the time, etc. Makes me worried about the Mafia 1 remake coming later this month.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ImMagnetz said:

Months after its release, and after finally getting the Platinum after they finally fixed the bugged Enforcer trophy, I've gone back to this game to play through the DLCs and holy shit, they still haven't done anything about how terribly this game performs. The game stutters like hell every time you turn a corner, the map has a hard time loading in a lot of the time, etc. Makes me worried about the Mafia 1 remake coming later this month.

I've spent hours on the game got the 100% and encountered very few of the bugs people mention and usually I hit all the bugs in broken games guess I lucked out

31 minutes ago, ImMagnetz said:

Well, mafia 2 is basically a port, it's a different thing, mafia 1 is an actual remake, from there to how good is going to run is other thing, but it looks pretty good.

14 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Well, mafia 2 is basically a port, it's a different thing, mafia 1 is an actual remake, from there to how good is going to run is other thing, but it looks pretty good.

It baffles me that the game performs WORSE on the newer, more powerful console. They messed up bad. Yeah, hopefully the Mafia 1 remake has been handled better. I believe it was done by different folks so that's a good sign.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Just because Mafia 1 is a remake, it does not exclude it from running poorly or have any bugs or glitches. Mafia III looked good, but it ran horribly and Mafia 1 uses the same enhine. Just saying to still remain cautious. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Just because Mafia 1 is a remake, it does not exclude it from running poorly or have any bugs or glitches. Mafia III looked good, but it ran horribly and Mafia 1 uses the same enhine. Just saying to still remain cautious. 

And i pointed out that, just because it's a remake it doesn't meant it will be flawless, it has to be checked how good will run. But at least in last videos doesn't look buggy. We still have to wait. ?

You can't really compare Mafia 3 with Mafia 1 Remake just because it's the same developer. The engine is on a different version now and hangar 13 had no time to polish mafia 3 back in 2016 because 2k forced them rush this.

Now they had plenty of time, even delayed the release to september. And a quarter of the final game was already playable for various streamer / youtuber. Looked very polished so far, so yeah. Maybe it's better to get not too excited, but i think we don't have to worry that much.

Mafia 2 was from a completely different studio, that already messed up shenmue 1&2 remastered prior to this remaster, so they are the ones to blame. Maybe 2k is responsible for that too, because they wanted an instant release when these games were announced in may. If they had decided to release the mafia 2 remaster on the 10th anniversary (27 august) and the developers worked on the title until then. Who knows how good this game could have run. Maybe even on 60 fps (at least on pro / one x)

3 minutes ago, Santa_in_Sandals said:

Reading threads like this always makes me wonder when people finally understand not to fucking buy games at launch! They're almost always unfinished, broken, and messed up. 2K is arguably one of the worst publishers these days and don't deserve any form of trust.

Wait until the game is AT LEAST six months out. LEARN and ADAPT! You don't owe the publishers and developers shit! They have to earn YOUR trust and money.

But as long as there are enough fucking idiots out there still buying this garbage at launch for full price, things will only get worse. The gaming industry has been own a clear downward spiral for over a decade now, and YOU, dear early buyers, are the main reason. Stop it!

To quote a famous philosopher:

quote-be-smart-don-t-q6k2i.jpg

Well of course you have a point, but wating 6 months when you really, really want to play the game is kinda hard haha. I actually don't care that much about little bugs. I was disappointed when i played mafia 2 on ps4 but i even enjoyed that. The game itself is awesome thanks to 2k czech.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, westersburg said:

Well of course you have a point, but wating 6 months when you really, really want to play the game is kinda hard haha. I actually don't care that much about little bugs. I was disappointed when i played mafia 2 on ps4 but i even enjoyed that. The game itself is awesome thanks to 2k czech.

Learn to be patient. It's a part of growing up. And yes, that sounds patronizing. But I think most people refuse to grow up and take responsibility. The result is being treated like cattle from the gaming industry. Do you wanna be treated like cattle? Like a pay pig? I doubt it...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Santa_in_Sandals said:

Learn to be patient. It's a part of growing up. And yes, that sounds patronizing. But I think most people refuse to grow up and take responsibility. The result is being treated like cattle from the gaming industry. Do you wanna be treated like cattle? Like a pay pig? I doubt it...

I think you are taking it a bit too far there... seriously

The gaming industry is fucked up anyways. Games with bugs are the last of my problems there^^

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, westersburg said:

I think you are taking it a bit too far there... seriously

The gaming industry is fucked up anyways. Games with bugs are the last of my problems there^^

You cannot take this "too far". Most so called "triple A" games have a starting price of 60 bucks, are riddled with microtransactions, gambling mechanics, and are in most cases the same fucking garbage every single year. 2K Games, Ubisoft, EA, ActiBlizz, and (sadly) even Square Enix: They're filth. The bottom of the barrel. Have a look at the recent games of said corporations: They're all garbage. Not to mention the drivel coming from those corporation's mouth pieces. "We believe", "value", "engagement". It's the same brainless shit over and over again. People like EA's CEO Andrew "Android" Wilson can't even speak normally anymore. Sexual and physical abuse, working staff into the ground, agenda-driven shitheads like Neil Cuckman. CEOs like Andrew Wilson or Bobby Kotick cash in tens of millions of dollars per year while the normal workers can't even afford the meals in the canteens at their workplaces, or they have to skip meals in order to pay their rent.

Jesus, I haven't even started yet!

Edited by Santa_in_Sandals
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Santa_in_Sandals said:

But as long as there are enough fucking idiots out there still buying this garbage at launch for full price, things will only get worse. The gaming industry has been own a clear downward spiral for over a decade now, and YOU, dear early buyers, are the main reason. Stop it!

I think I'll take the risk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Santa_in_Sandals said:

Reading threads like this always makes me wonder when people finally understand not to fucking buy games at launch! They're almost always unfinished, broken, and messed up. 2K is arguably one of the worst publishers these days and don't deserve any form of trust.

Wait until the game is AT LEAST six months out. LEARN and ADAPT! You don't owe the publishers and developers shit! They have to earn YOUR trust and money.

To quote a famous philosopher:

Great post. ??

Edited by Wagszilla
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I downloaded this game months ago when they fucked up and listed it as free on the Malaysian store. All the stuff I've read has kept me away from this game. I literally just said fuck it and booted it up 2 seconds ago. Here's hoping I don't regret it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

I downloaded this game months ago when they fucked up and listed it as free on the Malaysian store. All the stuff I've read has kept me away from this game. I literally just said fuck it and booted it up 2 seconds ago. Here's hoping I don't regret it.

In the same boat, playing Mafia 1 now and thinking of playing Mafia 2 after this. Loved the original years ago but am worried about replaying knowing the state of the remake

• Like 1

Is it just me or are the colors in the Mafia II remaster drab and lifeless as hell? During cutscenes it's okay but when I'm out and about in the open world it's almost as if I was playing it on a black and white television. It's certainly not my tv settings, it's the game. Anyone else notice this?

Jesus man the framerate is terrible and the constant lag spikes are getting annoying. You're right man, this game performs like hot shit.

....aaaaand I just went straight through the road to an endless plomet. Wow, what an absolute piece of shit this game is.