PSA: Potential Trophy(for beating game on hard) is Glitched

Haven't started playing the game but came across this on twitter from a Journalist. 

Seems like she beat it on the very hard difficulty and since they ported the trophies straight from the ps3 version, the game doesn't recognize very hard as meeting the trophy condition of beating it on hard. Unless there are others who beat it on very hard and got the trophy on here. Hopefully they can confirm.

• Like 1

I completed the game from start to finish on hard and the trophy popped during the end credits along with the one for completing the game. You have to make sure that you don’t change the difficult at all once you start. So, don’t change from hard to very hard or very hard to hard, as it’ll probably stop it popping (it gives you an in-game warning when you try to change it).

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, turniplord said:

I completed the game from start to finish on hard and the trophy popped during the end credits along with the one for completing the game. You have to make sure that you don’t change the difficult at all once you start. So, don’t change from hard to very hard or very hard to hard, as it’ll probably stop it popping (it gives you an in-game warning when you try to change it).

It could even be as simple as switching the difficulty at the wrong time. EA games of the time Amalur was released all had a quark about starting a new file on normal and the player having to change the difficulty manually to whatever they wanted. General advice at the time was to switch the difficulty as soon as the game gives you access to the options menu. For Amalur, I believe that was directly following finishing the tutorial tower area and regaining control of your character after the cut scene. Anything past that exact point would invalidate a hard mode run.

Edit: Rereading, the issue is the new difficulty setting not meeting the requirements of a trophy for a lower difficulty setting.

Edited by Jelly Soup

1 minute ago, Jelly Soup said:

It could even be as simple as switching the difficulty at the wrong time. EA games of the time Amalur was released all had a quark about starting a new file on normal and the player having to change the difficulty manually to whatever they wanted. General advice at the time was to switch the difficulty as soon as the game gives you access to the options menu. For Amalur, I believe that was directly following finishing the tutorial tower area and regaining control of your character after the cut scene. Anything past that exact point would invalidate a hard mode run.

As you start a new game it asks what difficulty you want - before you even get control once you’re reborn. You need to set it there and don’t touch it at all until the credits role. If they changed it after creating their character, that’ll of locked them out of the trophy. 

Just now, turniplord said:

As you start a new game it asks what difficulty you want - before you even get control once you’re reborn. You need to set it there and don’t touch it at all until the credits role. If they changed it after creating their character, that’ll of locked them out of the trophy. 

Just edited my post as well. :D

A quick check on Youtube after I posted confirmed what you say.

But it seems the issue isn't a change in difficulty. This rerelease includes a 'very hard' difficulty, but the trophy is specifically tied to 'hard', so the trophy couldn't pop.

2 minutes ago, Jelly Soup said:

Just edited my post as well. :D

A quick check on Youtube after I posted confirmed what you say.

But it seems the issue isn't a change in difficulty. This rerelease includes a 'very hard' difficulty, but the trophy is specifically tied to 'hard', so the trophy couldn't pop.

If they didn't change it at all then the devs must have forgot to include it in the criteria. The very hard made wasn't there in version 1.0, it was added via a patch just before we got our review copy, so it was an afterthought and not initially part of the game or trophy requirements. 

I imagine theyll be working on a patch if people have told them. 

30 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Wait... there's a glitched trophy or are people just not setting their settings properly?

From what I understand the trophy will currently be rewarded for a Hard playthrough not a Very Hard playthrough. Likely because Very Hard is a new difficulty that wasn’t there originally.

12 hours ago, Ilzaki said:

This is that Patrick's wallet meme.

"I beat the game on very hard"

"That's right"

"I could beat the game on hard"

"Makes since to me"

"Then I should get the hard difficulty trophy"

"You didn't beat the game on hard"

Well, I think its bullshit that you don't get the hard trophy for beating it on very hard when most of the games these days stack difficulty trophies. Could have easily made that mistake if i got a early copy but thank god I don't play difficulty levels that don't offer trophies to begin with as a rule. 

• Like 1

btw i got the trophy for beating the game on hard without a problem BUT! it seems like the trophy pops with a huge delay after you beat the game and regain control of your character.

when you have control again after the credits dont panic if you dont see the trophy pop after the trophy for just beating the game pops just wait for about a minute and it should pop.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, A210221100 said:

btw i got the trophy for beating the game on hard without a problem BUT! it seems like the trophy pops with a huge delay after you beat the game and regain control of your character.

when you have control again after the credits dont panic if you dont see the trophy pop after the trophy for just beating the game pops just wait for about a minute and it should pop.

I finally got the game today and am gonna start it tomorrow, are there any other broken trophies/can the original trophy guide be used