PS5 Pre order, price and Release maybe Tomorrow. XBox is 499$

DividedByMankind

As title says maybe tomorrow? Xbox price either revealed or leaked, didnt read it ? But For Xbox series s it is 299$ and Series X 499$. 

as my prediction goes PS5 disc based goes prob at 499$ as i said in an earlier thread?

I dont think Sony will Match 299$ price tag for digital.

Xbox series s and x Release is: November 10th. So maybe PS5 is about 10 aswell.

Here: https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2020/09/07/the-xbox-series-x-and-series-s-prices-and-release-date-have-all-leaked/

Edited by DividedByMankind

Xbox One S digital only is already quite cheap so figures they would make series S just as cheap.

I would welcome (and hope) for maximum of 500USD price tag. Which is going to mean 500EUR as well (which is kinda bullcrap because it's going to be more expensive for me that way). 

I was convinced of getting PS5 day one at first, now I am not sure but we will see.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Raveniteh said:

I would welcome (and hope) for maximum of 500USD price tag. Which is going to mean 500EUR as well (which is kinda bullcrap because it's going to be more expensive for me that way). 

yeah its kinda lame we actually pay more in euro , cause 500 usd is like 423 euro

• Like 4

Just now, koolskamp said:

yeah its kinda lame we actually pay more in euro , cause 500 usd is like 423 euro

Exactly! And it's the same with games themselves. Usual cost is 60USD which is about 51EUR, but we still have to fork out full 60EUR. It's business, I get it, but also a reason I don't really buy many games at launch anymore, especially with discounts running on PSN 24/7 so I can just wait few months and get it half price off.

Just now, Raveniteh said:

Exactly! And it's the same with games themselves. Usual cost is 60USD which is about 51EUR, but we still have to fork out full 60EUR. It's business, I get it, but also a reason I don't really buy many games at launch anymore, especially with discounts running on PSN 24/7 so I can just wait few months and get it half price off.

exactly no need to pay 60 euro for a game thats going to be 30 in a couple of months

3 minutes ago, Cissa90 said:

Gotta remember when that the USD prices are not with tax included. So they still gotta fork out more than its stated. Though I do not know the tax % they have to pay.

It's the same with appstores on ios etc. See something for 25 dollars? You have 25 dollars in your account wallet? Not enough, need more for taxes.

I have never experienced something like that. So you do have to post a source for that instead of just putting your words about something that is completly BS. 

PS4 was showcased for 349$. And guess what it was 349$ in best buy. Just stop commenting if you dont have anything better to say than spread lies. 299$ is the final price. When a price is showcased, that price is final.

16 minutes ago, Cissa90 said:

Gotta remember when that the USD prices are not with tax included. So they still gotta fork out more than its stated. Though I do not know the tax % they have to pay.

It's the same with appstores on ios etc. See something for 25 dollars? You have 25 dollars in your account wallet? Not enough, need more for taxes.

The amount of tax varies wildly depending on where in the US someone lives. That's why they don't include the tax in the price.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

I have never experienced something like that. So you do have to post a source for that instead of just putting your words about something that is completly BS. 

PS4 was showcased for 349$. And guess what it was 349$ in best buy. Just stop commenting if you dont have anything better to say than spread lies. 299$ is the final price. When a price is showcased, that price is final.

He's actually right mate.

No need for a source bro, anybody that has ever bought anything on the US PSN store or lived/been to the US knows this.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, lesk8vaincra said:

Make you research, what he says is right. You pay taxes depending on the state you live in, and the prices shown are always tax excluded. That is total BS, but that's how USA works.. And this is, like, common knowledge amongst gamers :D

I you need a source, please, pick it up:

https://www.google.com/search?q=why+are+price+tax+excluded+usa&rlz=1C5CHFA_enBE891BE891&oq=why+are+price+tax+excluded+usa&aqs=chrome..69i57.8567j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

i see ur point but i really doubt they pay 80 bucks in taxes , they might but i doubt it koolskamp.png

10 minutes ago, koolskamp said:

i see ur point but i really doubt they pay 80 bucks in taxes , they might but i doubt it koolskamp.png

I don't know about that, but in europe it is pretty much standard to have a 20-21% tax on everything.

So yeah, a PS5 being sold in belgium for 499 euros is actually being sold 413 euros + 86 euros of taxes.

2 minutes ago, lesk8vaincra said:

I don't know about that, but in europe it is pretty much standard to have a 20-21% tax on everything.

So yeah, a PS5 being sold in belgium for 499 euros is actually being sold 413 euros + 86 euros of taxes.

yeah i know i live in belgium haha , also i dont really care about the price lol just wanted to see how far people would take it to prove they are right

koolskamp.png

16 minutes ago, Golem25 said:

Xbox One

Xbox One X

Xbox Series X

Xbox Series S

Am I getting old or is this all very confusing? Maybe I'm a brainlet but PS 1/2/3/4/5 is so much better, all you need to know is in that number. Echoes of the whole Wii/WiiU debacle.

Anyhow, I sincerely hope PS5 will match (or, ideally, undercut) the *checks notes* Xbox Series X' price. That pricetag can be a bigger influencer than we sometimes give credit for. Then again, here in the UK I see all the kiddies wear PS shirts from Primark, yet nary a tot with Xbox-branded gear. We'll see how things pan out.

Good, it is not just me! I also think the naming is a bit strange... but if it works, good for them

Regarding the post, the ps5 without disc will never be as cheap as the Series S, since this one is not only discless as I think it is also less powerful. I might be disinformed, but both versions of PS5 will be equally powerful. So I think that they might have 100 euro difference tops. But lets see.

bmg_ps.png

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bmg_ps said:

Good, it is not just me! I also think the naming is a bit strange... but if it works, good for them

Regarding the post, the ps5 without disc will never be as cheap as the Series S, since this one is not only discless as I think it is also less powerful. I might be disinformed, but both versions of PS5 will be equally powerful. So I think that they might have 100 euro difference tops. But lets see.

bmg_ps.png

That is what i also think. It will have same power ? But just without disc, so im with you on 100$ cheaper than disc version☺️

But to me like, when it comes to price, it does not matter. I will allways buy PS? Had PS and nintendo since 1998.

Never had xbox, i might actually buy series x just for one game, Stalker! When i saw Stalker 2 for xbox, i was really hyped.... Stalker is one of my favourites since early pc days...?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LordWikii said:

Did you all forget that Playstation said not to expect any PS5 news this week?

This week sees new reveals and updates on upcoming games, as well as a VR-focused PS Store promotion .

They didn’t forget, but you have to ignore stuff like that when you want to whip people up and start rumors!

MS has confirmed the lesser models price, lets just wait and see about the main event with the other models pricing.

And I’m pretty sure MS had a reveal scheduled this week that Sony was aware of so there won’t be an O-M-G MS did what?! We gotta do something, too! reaction. This stuff is scheduled and planned by marketing months ahead of time. 

• Like 1