PS5 Pre order, price and Release maybe Tomorrow. XBox is 499$

DividedByMankind

1 hour ago, diskdocx said:

Yes. Whatever the MSRP is in North America, that is the sticker price on the shelf. As I noted in my posts above, our sales taxes (the equivalent to your VAT)  are added on top of the sticker price, they are not included. This is all government mandated bull shit essentially - by having only the price of the goods noted on the sticker, then taxes added later, there is more transparency. In EU, the tax is added into the sticker price, so it isn't (theoretically) as easy to know exactly what the product costs and what the taxes are.

So once again, for clarification, the North America price is NOT the final price. Virtually everywhere in NA will have sales taxes still to pay, and yes those could add close to $100 to the final price

Thanks for the answer, The USA is crazy.

• Like 1

On 08/09/2020 at 2:02 AM, Arcesius said:

Because that's not universally true. In Europe that's not the case. If something is announced for, say, 400€, that's the price including taxes. Prices in e-shops and whatnot always include taxes. 

Hence, naturally, there will be confusion among people that don't know that what they know isn't a global truth. 

ah, i didn't know that haha. thanks. that does clear up some confusion. 

On 08/09/2020 at 8:23 AM, ziggypossum said:

would be nice to see someone leak info on GoW2 haha. But seriously this late in people are getting impatient. I dont blame the leaks. Its a fucking price tag and preorders. Simple... Technically the earlier they open the better as it gives companies an idea of demand to meet.

i still expect digital ps5 to sell more than disc drive.  Seems tons of people go digital for whatever reason,  i wont be. Disc drive all the way

• Like 1

even though they keep saying "limited launch". There is rately if ever a limit to how many people can preorder something. Sony is using it as a tactic to get people to jump and preorder ps5 so they have high launch sale numbers. Pandemic barely affects anything. Logistics sort of play a part in it but again, if you preorder,  you're guaranteed and they'll have to honor everyone's. 

Source: manager at a gamestore

Launch is Nov 19. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

even though they keep saying "limited launch". There is rately if ever a limit to how many people can preorder something. Sony is using it as a tactic to get people to jump and preorder ps5 so they have high launch sale numbers. Pandemic barely affects anything. Logistics sort of play a part in it but again, if you preorder,  you're guaranteed and they'll have to honor everyone's. 

Source: manager at a gamestore

Launch is Nov 19. 

Interesting. Either way, they can’t stay silent forever.

Edited by MidnightDragon

On 9/8/2020 at 10:02 AM, Arcesius said:

Because that's not universally true. In Europe that's not the case. If something is announced for, say, 400€, that's the price including taxes. Prices in e-shops and whatnot always include taxes. 

Hence, naturally, there will be confusion among people that don't know that what they know isn't a global truth. 

Yes, in UK, this is also the case. The price you see is the price you pay because tax is included without exception in stores.

I love the US but I always find weird adjusting to the "tax isn't included in retail price" thing whenever I visit. I don't know why retailers and stores don't just account for state tax (other taxes?) in their prices, it seems really archaic. Appreciate it's harder because each state has its own tax %'s.

6 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

I love the US but I always find weird adjusting to the "tax isn't included in retail price" thing whenever I visit. I don't know why retailers and stores don't just account for state tax (other taxes?) in their prices, it seems really archaic. Appreciate it's harder because each state has its own tax %'s.

It's actually very simple: they're not allowed to, by law. I mean, small mom and pop stores (Asian stores, e.g.) can get away with it, but for the most part, for many accounting purposes (as well as assuredly to appease the "Taxes are too high!" crowd), taxes must be segregated from cost. Remember that we file our own taxes here, and in many jurisdictions, you can get a rebate of sales tax paid, but only if you have some sort of record of that tax.

What's interesting is that the credit surcharge, which is rolled into prices and paid by everyone in almost every establishment in the country (pretty much only gas stations offer an advertised "Cash discount", though many Asian stores offer such a discount under the table, since it will allow them to pocket the money with no paper trail), isn't required.

But anyway, neither here nor there. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

It's actually very simple: they're not allowed to, by law. I mean, small mom and pop stores (Asian stores, e.g.) can get away with it, but for the most part, for many accounting purposes (as well as assuredly to appease the "Taxes are too high!" crowd), taxes must be segregated from cost. Remember that we file our own taxes here, and in many jurisdictions, you can get a rebate of sales tax paid, but only if you have some sort of record of that tax.

What's interesting is that the credit surcharge, which is rolled into prices and paid by everyone in almost every establishment in the country (pretty much only gas stations offer an advertised "Cash discount", though many Asian stores offer such a discount under the table, since it will allow them to pocket the money with no paper trail), isn't required.

But anyway, neither here nor there. 

Very interesting, thanks for responding. I always felt the concept of filing my own taxes very intimidating if the UK was to ever change their system. Unless you're a PAYE contractor then in the UK that isn't really a thing. 

On 9/8/2020 at 10:05 AM, Cissa90 said:

Gotta remember when that the USD prices are not with tax included. So they still gotta fork out more than its stated. Though I do not know the tax % they have to pay.

It's the same with appstores on ios etc. See something for 25 dollars? You have 25 dollars in your account wallet? Not enough, need more for taxes.

Fair enough, but I'm pretty sure in the states taxes are waaaaay lower than in tax-hell europe, where in most places you pay over 20% vat, and that's after they took off half your paycheck... (but thats another discussion, gotta keep those politicians fat and happy ?)

So imo, end of day we probably still pay quite a bit more...

• Like 1

Just now, DaivRules said:

So which is it?

My source said November 20th and that is in the Netherlands. He was also right months before the PS4 date got leaked. Maybe it does have different release days in different countries like the PS4. The PS4 came out 2 weeks earlier in the US than in Europe. I have no clue.

On 08/09/2020 at 4:00 PM, ziggypossum said:

A special offer for those who has enough money :D

22nkhOA.png

4WQZvMp.png

KeRibJz.png

https://www.trulyexquisite.co.uk/24k-gold-ps5

I know it’s a very different SKU, but I do find it interesting that the disc version is £100 more than the digital version. Who are people pre ordering from exactly, is it Sony directly?

Edited by thefourfoldroot