Is this normal in anime?

InfinityOnH1gh

Because clearly I thought the anime came before game. And since I don't often watch anime or play visual novels, I'm using anime loosely. Hell, I was referring to this game as anime. I did not mean to provoke here. I like the game. That said, I found the scene very bizarre. Perhaps I misinterpreted it... but that's why I'm asking.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/9/2020 at 0:02 AM, InfinityOnH1gh said:

Because clearly I thought the anime came before game. And since I don't often watch anime or play visual novels, I'm using anime loosely. Hell, I was referring to this game as anime. I did not mean to provoke here. I like the game. That said, I found the scene very bizarre. Perhaps I misinterpreted it... but that's why I'm asking.

Yeah you misunderstood it. It basically meant she wished he wouldn't joke about that. Not that she wished he meant it lol

On 10/2/2020 at 9:22 AM, InfinityOnH1gh said:

Hah, that's pretty funny. "Wishes he weren't joking" means "wishes he wouldn't make jokes".

I doubt very highly it was even worded "wishes he weren't joking". You'd have to give us a screenshot for the context for me to believe it anyway. Gonna go with you are misremembering the actual wording/context though. I have played the game like 3 times and don't remember it at any point lol

3 hours ago, den-69 said:

I doubt very highly it was even worded "wishes he weren't joking". You'd have to give us a screenshot for the context for me to believe it anyway. Gonna go with you are misremembering the actual wording/context though. I have played the game like 3 times and don't remember it at any point lol

I had looked for a script but couldn't find one. The Daru scene after Suzuha's (naked) fight scene, though. xD It's easy to see why I got the wrong impression.

On a side note. I hate Daru in this game, and yet he was one of the best characters in the original. He sounds really dumb. Apparently it's the same voice actor but... I don't know. Something is odd.

On 10/4/2020 at 11:12 AM, InfinityOnH1gh said:

On a side note. I hate Daru in this game, and yet he was one of the best characters in the original. He sounds really dumb. Apparently it's the same voice actor but... I don't know. Something is odd.

Yeah it's funny, in the first chapter of Steins;Gate OG he sounds completely different to the later parts of the game. The later parts he sounds like he does in S;G0. Same for the anime in the first couple of episodes Daru sounds completely different to how he does in the rest of the series. It's very odd lol but apparently he's the same voice actor throughout.