Ninja Gaiden Sigma Trilogy

Abby_TheLastofUs

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Trilogy Listed for PS4 by Hong Kong Publisher

Hong Kong's biggest game publisher and distributor has uploaded and quickly deleted a listing for a Ninja Gaiden Sigma Trilogy. The product page mentioned a PlayStation 4 release in March 2021 before being pulled. That's all the information we have to share right now, but if someone in the know speaks up or the collection is officially announced, we'll be sure to update you all.

Given the title of the supposed trilogy, this would be a bundling of Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, and Ninja Gaiden III. For clarity, this would not include Ninja Gaiden Black — what is widely considered to be the best version of the original game. Since the listing is no longer available for viewing, that probably means this collection is either absolutely a thing or was just a muck-up. Let's hope we learn more in the near future.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/09/ninja_gaiden_sigma_trilogy_listed_for_ps4_by_hong_kong_publisher

Edited by Abby_TheLastofUs
  • Like 2

The only way I'd pick this up is if they dump the online crap and fix the myriad of technical problems that blighted the PS3 originals.

5 hours ago, TheVengeance1231 said:

I will buy this game if they lower the difficulty to 100% them.

Amen to that. At the very least remove the cheapness because the games got very unfair on the higher difficulties, a problem that was exacerbated by the terrible camera, wonky targeting and piss-poor Companion A.I.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

This is great news if it turns out to be true.

I enjoyed NGS2 a lot, getting absolutely destroyed and having to really learn the game to beat it, getting to each save point feeling like a victory.

Not so fond of the co-op and getting carried through it but I know others did enjoy it.

I'd like to play NGS and NG3, although as the poster above said and from what I've read, I'd prefer it if it was Razor's Edge.

Will certainly be keeping my eye on this. Thanks.

5 hours ago, Vergil said:

Lets hope no twirl trophy for Ngs2 :)

If anyone wants to complete the trials like that, just let them. I never understood why people even care about this. Just let people get the trophies done in any way they want, as long as they don't mod themselves more ninpo slots/ phoenix ninpo or more health. Every mechanic in-game is fair game. 

It'd be more interesting to see if stuff like the Fiend Genshin freeze (regular and triple), Momiji's wall jump on UN2, Liz and Volf loop and many more things like that still work. Then again I'm pretty sure they will just brush up the aesthetics, get the games as close to 60FPS as possible and that's about it. 

But the thing they defnitely have to improve is how poorly NG3 runs on Ultimate Ninja and in the team missions, lol. Thate game really is a mess out of those 3. I hope they release a hybrid of NG3 and Razor's Edge. Take the best elements from both games, nerf the scythe a bit and done.

I love this notice wish is true cause I really want to replay this gems (for me) in my PS4. The first one is one of my favorites hack and slash games of all time and always wanted to try the platinium but it didn't have in PS3 and the second one and third one I didn't play it on a PS3 system.

To all who talk about the online, I don't think they will add it companies almost never do that in collections or remasters for example the Assassins Creed gamer or some Call of Duty games so that's a good thing be cause I didn't like that part to much either BUT I disagree with the "hope the lower difficulty" nope that would kill the essence of the game I just hope they fix all bugs and makes gamepley smoother and better so we can deal with the challenge.

Hypes for this and waiting to be true :)

43 minutes ago, CriesOfFurya said:

If anyone wants to complete the trials like that, just let them. I never understood why people even care about this. Just let people get the trophies done in any way they want, as long as they don't mod themselves more ninpo slots/ phoenix ninpo or more health. Every mechanic in-game is fair game. 

It'd be more interesting to see if stuff like the Fiend Genshin freeze (regular and triple), Momiji's wall jump on UN2, Liz and Volf loop and many more things like that still work. Then again I'm pretty sure they will just brush up the aesthetics, get the games as close to 60FPS as possible and that's about it. 

But the thing they defnitely have to improve is how poorly NG3 runs on Ultimate Ninja and in the team missions, lol. Thate game really is a mess out of those 3. I hope they release a hybrid of NG3 and Razor's Edge. Take the best elements from both games, nerf the scythe a bit and done.

I don't care about how people gotn it done actually. I would like a singel list  1 platinum with like a brutal list. 

Like do everything that is possible. Master ninja rank everything and stuff like that. As for Team missions, beat all with all characters as well. Why? 

These games are 7 years +old people have destryoed everything. There are so many guides and strategies so its not like it would be so hard to do anyway. 

Its just how i feel. Obviously i love NG too :)

Edited by Vergil

I'm a little sceptical of this to be honest, with PS5 releasing at the end of the year wouldn't it be better to re-release the trilogy for next-gen consoles i.e. PS5. The online aspect is without question the best part of Ninja Gaiden, it's fun to play with others providing they're competent enough to complete the mission they enter otherwise it can become a mess really quickly. The difficulty should either remain the same or make it more prestigious, there are far too many exploits in the game as it is to make the platinum easy we don't want a weaker list.  

If this does end up to be a real thing they need to add features that were in the PS Vita version like the speed run courses and the extra content. Revamp the leaderboards so we have one for players who speed run the game or the team missions, and for the love of god have a report function to remove hackers from the leaderboards. Ninja Gaiden is a skill-based game so if people work their arse off to get a high rank they shouldn't have to worry about a hacker taking their rank away.

More missions or a challenge mode would be a fantastic addition, perhaps a list of combat scenarios ranging from beginner to extreme difficulty and have people attempt to recreate them. A beginner one could be something like wind path into an on-landing ET or something, extreme whatever the pros do.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...