Tips

visighost

A few tips as I'm working on finishing this. Help welcome if you're farther along!

-While patches have fixed most trophies and they will pop when supposed to... they don't always. Closing the game and relaunching it should have them pop. Alternatively, wait until it crashes - the last auto-saves I had when this happened occurred before the glitches. You lose some progression, but at least aren't locked out of anything.

-Focus on one character (Death-chan works well), and go through all stages on normal mode. You will naturally unlock the souls-related trophies, and most of the miscellaneous ones. The souls required to get the trophies don't seem to match those you get at the end of each stage. Don't worry - keep playing and you'll get them!

-If not done yet. level up that one character until you get the trophy for maxing it out - level 9, which isn't actually the highest level you can get. All levels will be a breeze then. I would recommend stage 5 - it gave me between 1800 and 2400 souls each level (they're all 80 seconds long).

-Once you've reached level 9, DON'T USE SOULS ANYMORE. Getting something like 75k souls banked up (so... play stage 5 35 times?) will let you max out the early characters in one shot, and get you pretty far for the others. You can then back up your save, unlock 3 characters and get 9 skins, reload your back-up, unlock and max out a character, play with it to get the 11k souls/skill-related trophies, reload your back-up, etc. You may not actually need to reload your back-up, depending on how many souls you accumulate before unlocking the last trophies. In the 50k range, you may as well keep going. You'll get the last souls you need to get to max level when grinding for souls, and shouldn't feel much difference in your damage between level 7 and 9...

-Note that you don't need to unlock/play the last few characters. Just play from left to right till you get Abigail.

Edited following patch and new crashes...

Edited by visighost
Testing done
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, diskdocx said:

@visighost I'm curious about the difficulty of this game - in particular the 850+ souls in one show. I would assume that is the hardest trophy, with all the rest just being grinding?

It’s super easy - I am grinding on 1800-2100 souls a show on average, you’ll get 800 without trying.

2 hours ago, Helyx said:

Is this game a waifu skin of Iron Snout?

Ha! Same genre for sure - with even less variety. I’d recommend Chicken Assassin (much better) or Kung Fury (much harder) over this one. And not really otaku-esque, more of a retro aesthetic?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2020 at 8:32 PM, diskdocx said:

@visighost I'm curious about the difficulty of this game - in particular the 850+ souls in one show. I would assume that is the hardest trophy, with all the rest just being grinding?

As visighost stated the game is laughably easy.  The only real difficulty is keeping your attention on the game long enough to earn it in a short span of time.  If you play it as a time waster when you have nothing else to do, getting the plat should take a couple of weeks.  If you're determined to clear it as quick as possible, it should be doable in one sitting.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LordBilbanes said:

As visighost stated the game is laughably easy.  The only real difficulty is keeping your attention on the game long enough to earn it in a short span of time.  If you play it as a time waster when you have nothing else to do, getting the plat should take a couple of weeks.  If you're determined to clear it as quick as possible, it should be doable in one sitting.

Thanks - I'm probably going to pick it up this week. I had mostly been waiting as the cross-buy wasn't working, but since it seems they are dropping that, and Vita games won't ever go on sale again, no point in waiting.

On a side note, how are you liking Criminal Girls? I went it with no expectations and really ended up enjoying it.

I'm liking it more than I thought I would.  I am still a bit dubious about the combat system, but it does work well in the game.  If the difficulty were higher, I could see myself having more problems with it.  I do wish there was a toggle to turn off random encounters, though as they should be a thing of the past.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2020 at 4:16 AM, DancefloorBankin said:

They nerfed Stage 5 loot, it now gives 1400 souls at best.

Strange, I'm still getting the same 2000-ish souls on the latest patch... Maybe they did on the PS4 version?

Edited by visighost

• 11 months later...

Happy I found this post! Has anyone had issues with the skull collector trophies unlocking out of order?  Skull collector II just unlocked for me but Skull Collector I still hasnt popped. The OP notes that trophies that should have popped and havent, have unlocked with a relaunch. Also noticing that sometimes it says thats Ive earned no souls for a level but the counter increases anyways. How buggy has this game been for other players? Thanks!

On 9/28/2021 at 9:02 PM, Forever_Hazel said:

Happy I found this post! Has anyone had issues with the skull collector trophies unlocking out of order?  Skull collector II just unlocked for me but Skull Collector I still hasnt popped. The OP notes that trophies that should have popped and havent, have unlocked with a relaunch. Also noticing that sometimes it says thats Ive earned no souls for a level but the counter increases anyways. How buggy has this game been for other players? Thanks!

Things went fine for me (minus the crashes and general jank of the game) until I unlocked Abigail. I've tried to re-unlock her 3 times using clean installs of the game on vita but the trophy doesn't unlock. Every time I reopen, the game doesnt update the trophy list at all. It's really disappointing that the trophies are still bugged for people over a year later. I hope that the devs actually intend to patch this game. Not holding my breath though. 

23 hours ago, jones_prime said:

Things went fine for me (minus the crashes and general jank of the game) until I unlocked Abigail. I've tried to re-unlock her 3 times using clean installs of the game on vita but the trophy doesn't unlock. Every time I reopen, the game doesnt update the trophy list at all. It's really disappointing that the trophies are still bugged for people over a year later. I hope that the devs actually intend to patch this game. Not holding my breath though. 

Follow up to this. I just got the locked trophies unlocked by trying again. I'm not sure if the fix has been applied to all of the trophies, but I'm happy about this change. Hopefully everyone else is having the same experience on vita.

On 10/3/2021 at 1:27 PM, jones_prime said:

Follow up to this. I just got the locked trophies unlocked by trying again. I'm not sure if the fix has been applied to all of the trophies, but I'm happy about this change. Hopefully everyone else is having the same experience on vita.

I downloaded it onto my PS5 with no save and it popped. I had also bought this for Vita but I hesitate now to even open it. Happy we were both able to pop what we needed. Its a fun game. Simple but I still enjoyed it. Its truly a shame the amount of bugged games that devs leave broken. Thank you for responding ❤