Unlimited Polychoron Glitch (patch 1.06)

LegendaryPound69

Bet it will get a ton of people banned as well TBH.

Theres no defense you can use here that it was an 'accidental bug/glitch' if youre intentionally messing with settings constantly. 

Sure, if you only give a damn about your trophies, this is a quick way to level up but if you want to actually play the game, i'd be concerned.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, SpacebarPIays said:

Bet it will get a ton of people banned as well TBH.

Theres no defense you can use here that it was an 'accidental bug/glitch' if youre intentionally messing with settings constantly. 

Sure, if you only give a damn about your trophies, this is a quick way to level up but if you want to actually play the game, i'd be concerned.

Yes, intential ussage of an accidental bug. But because it is a bug I am on the fence that the developers are on the wrong here and I am not alone on that front.

I think it will therefore gather a lot more controversy then they already have when they start banning people for it.

But you never know. 

I dont think there will be much controversy if people get banned for it lol

IMO, they definitely will. The Dailies/Faction grinds are a massive part of what the game is about from a core concept. There is no way they'll let people intentionally glitch it out and gain advantages over others potentially.

I dont know how the devs are in the wrong for expecting players not to intentionally bug their game.

3 minutes ago, GamerCrazy2 said:

I definitely understand where you're coming from but it doesn't cause any financial disruption nor does it affect other players. Not too sure if they will just fix it with a patch or ban people. Its not game breaking either, you can already get gear from constant play.

Theres supposed to be high end raiding/war zones later on in the future that require a high faction level. 

Its nothing to do with financial disruption for sure.

The game is supposed to get a good amount of updates, these include higher level content that will be locked behind XYZ Reqs.

I personally dont agree with time-gated content like dailies/weeklies but this is definitely a bug i can see CD 100% banning for.

• Like 2

Yeah you should be easily able to hit rank 25 with both factions in no time. I jumped in the early access a day late and I'm already at level 17 with Pym's group. The faction assignments are super easy to do and having to level up other characters is nice to do along with faction levels. Since this game was released way too early it's less of a chore if I'm at least able to knock out character levels and hero card challenges along with the faction XP at the same time.

I'd also rather save my resources for other artifacts just in case there's a best in slot for characters I want to main. Or I may just save them all for when Ant-Man is playable.

17 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

Yes, intential ussage of an accidental bug. But because it is a bug I am on the fence that the developers are on the wrong here and I am not alone on that front.

I think it will therefore gather a lot more controversy then they already have when they start banning people for it.

But you never know. 

There isn't any controversy or controversial aspect to it really. A bug is the responsibility of the development team who crafted the game, as is their responsibility to fix it. If a player chooses to exploit that bug in a way that unintentionally distorts or messes up with the game flow the developers designed, then that's on the person who chose to exploit it. It's impossible to shift accountability back on to the developers when a person has two clear options - A - Don't exploit and play as normal (maybe even report it to the devs as a bug) or B - Exploit it and then share it on a semi-public forum for others to exploit too. No controversy - just plain old accountability and logic.

I don't really have much frame of reference with Crystal Dynamics or Square Enix in how they treat folks who exploit bugs. But if I think about other companies and what they see as ban-worthy, this exploit would likely be something they act on, so who knows really. Putting a post up about it not only shortens the lifespan of the bug but also puts everyone at risk who is enlisted into exploiting the bug too from the post.

Just play the game normally folks, it's pretty straightforward and just requires some grinding time.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

56 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

There isn't any controversy or controversial aspect to it really. A bug is the responsibility of the development team who crafted the game, as is their responsibility to fix it. If a player chooses to exploit that bug in a way that unintentionally distorts or messes up with the game flow the developers designed, then that's on the person who chose to exploit it. It's impossible to shift accountability back on to the developers when a person has two clear options - A - Don't exploit and play as normal (maybe even report it to the devs as a bug) or B - Exploit it and then share it on a semi-public forum for others to exploit too. No controversy - just plain old accountability and logic.

I don't really have much frame of reference with Crystal Dynamics or Square Enix in how they treat folks who exploit bugs. But if I think about other companies and what they see as ban-worthy, this exploit would likely be something they act on, so who knows really. Putting a post up about it not only shortens the lifespan of the bug but also puts everyone at risk who is enlisted into exploiting the bug too from the post.

Just play the game normally folks, it's pretty straightforward and just requires some grinding time.

I can agree with the reasoning why people would get banned. 

I disagree with the fact that no controversy can happen because of it. A game under a scope because earlier controversy tend to get controversy by every nickle and dime that happens even if you don't agree. 

> Game launched broken. 

> People exploiting the brokenness of the game. 

> Devs bans people for cheating. 

> Devs gets controversy due to not releasing their stuff unbroken and straight up banning because they can't take their responsibility. 

I don't agree with the reasoning, though in these days controversies just happens like that. People like to complain and reel up on a particular game. 

Moral of the story about the exploit itself is to wait until the (non) actions of crystal dynamics are clear. 

5 hours ago, xTROPHY_LEGENDx said:

Hmmm you can get this the normal way very easy aswell.... seems a little to much to do this. I’m almost 20 without this glitch and have artifact lvl 7. Once I’m done with al the other things i already have everything maxed out no need for this!

How are you already nearly rank 20 without using the exploit? I've played everyday & have done all 16 assignments each day & I'm much lower, my Shield rank is 11 & my Resistance rank is only 10.

1 hour ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

How are you already nearly rank 20 without using the exploit? I've played everyday & have done all 16 assignments each day & I'm much lower, my Shield rank is 11 & my Resistance rank is only 10.

You can do warzone missions that also increase it. I hit 20 in both last night.

3 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

I can agree with the reasoning why people would get banned. 

I disagree with the fact that no controversy can happen because of it. A game under a scope because earlier controversy tend to get controversy by every nickle and dime that happens even if you don't agree. 

> Game launched broken. 

> People exploiting the brokenness of the game. 

> Devs bans people for cheating. 

> Devs gets controversy due to not releasing their stuff unbroken and straight up banning because they can't take their responsibility. 

I don't agree with the reasoning, though in these days controversies just happens like that. People like to complain and reel up on a particular game. 

Moral of the story about the exploit itself is to wait until the (non) actions of crystal dynamics are clear. 

I'd argue that it's only a matter of controversy for people who intentionally made the choice to exploit rather than just not do it and play the game normally and is left wondering if they are going to get banned. It's arguable that it's even a sign of the game broken because you can only perform it by consciously manipulating your system clock settings to consciously trick the game into resetting dailies.

It's not an accidental thing and not a sign that the game is broken, you could even argue it's a design choice - if everyone is completing their dailies at different times, it makes sense to tailor those resets to the individual player. And the actions you have to take to exploit this are so specific that the only way you'd make this work is to intentionally do it. To say the game launched broken because of this is a bit of a shaky defense. That's not the game launching broken, that's someone being naughty with the back end of the PS4 system to confuse the game intentionally for gain.

A controversy is releasing Spider-Man as a PS4 exclusive character over all other systems. Someone getting banned because they actively manipulated their system settings to confuse the game into doing something it wasn't designed to do isn't a controversy.

Anyway, I don't think there is much more for me to say here. Good luck to everyone and I hope that whoever did do this gets a merciful verdict from the devs.

22 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I hope that whoever did do this gets a merciful verdict from the devs.

Oh my god get over yourself. If I want to change the date on MY PS4, that's my prerogative as it's my hardware. If this changes the state of a game then that is completely on the developer and if they don't like it, they patch it out. Simple as that.

There's hundreds of reasons one might have to change their date settings on their PS4 and all of them have nothing to do with this specific game. It is very easy to imagine someone changing the date on their PS4 because they realized it was wrong, or hadn't done it after moving to a new timezone and then utilizing this "glitch" unknowingly. How would CD prove otherwise?

22 hours ago, SpacebarPIays said:

I dont think there will be much controversy if people get banned for it lol

IMO, they definitely will. The Dailies/Faction grinds are a massive part of what the game is about from a core concept. There is no way they'll let people intentionally glitch it out and gain advantages over others potentially.

I dont know how the devs are in the wrong for expecting players not to intentionally bug their game.

This is an oversight on the devs part. How can the consumer be responsible for something left in the game intentionally or unintentionally?

As I said above, if I want to change the date on my PS4, then there's nothing stopping me, it's my property and there is a very accessible option to do so, no tinkering required. As far as I know there's no rules telling me I can't?

• Like 2

I don't think you can understand who used it and who didn't. And above all to understand if it is done on purpose or random. It is not a PvP game, there is no sense in banning. IMHO

For example, I have a bug, one of the tasks of the criminals does not reset me. But yesterday I found myself 6 missions that I could do again and I did them. I haven't changed the date ... it's their problem, and should I get banned? How do they know that I haven't changed the date compared to who did it?

16 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

There's hundreds of reasons one might have to change their date settings on their PS4 and all of them have nothing to do with this specific game. It is very easy to imagine someone changing the date on their PS4 because they realized it was wrong, or hadn't done it after moving to a new timezone and then utilizing this "glitch" unknowingly. How would CD prove otherwise?

Just so i can get this excuse, im not after 'hundreds' of reasons, could you give me ONE excuse as to why you would have to move your PS4 date one day ahead, then play the game for an hour, before moving the date ahead one more day and repeat for 'fifty days'?

Theres a HUGEEEEEEEEEEE difference between malicious intent and accidentally popping it once through moving time zones lmfao.

24 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

As I said above, if I want to change the date on my PS4, then there's nothing stopping me, it's my property and there is a very accessible option to do so, no tinkering required. As far as I know there's no rules telling me I can't?

Soooo, if i was to start a petition to allow hacked trophies to be allowed on this site, would you be the first to sign a bit fat YES to that?

As you said, im not changing anything except for MY PS4 so i should be allowed to get 3k plat trophies right...?

If you want to change the date on your PS4, nothing stopping you but if you do it with the intent to exploit a bug, then you can and probably will get banned for it.

6 minutes ago, Siriodorione said:

I don't think you can understand who used it and who didn't. And above all to understand if it is done on purpose or random. It is not a PvP game, there is no sense in banning. IMHO

For example, I have a bug, one of the tasks of the criminals does not reset me. But yesterday I found myself 6 missions that I could do again and I did them. I haven't changed the date ... it's their problem, and should I get banned? How do they know that I haven't changed the date compared to who did it?

Once again, doing it once by accident through changing a timezone through travel (For example) is one thing.

Changing your day on your PS4 50 times in a row WHILST PLAYING a game, makes it intentional and probably bannable.

Also, on their previous war-tables, the devs have mentioned future updates to the game will include PVP, Leaderboards, Clans, Hi-Scores/'Clan battles' and End game raiding requiring a high faction level/stats.

So it will have a direct impact on players, whether today or 3 months from now.

Or are you of the opinion that if people can make it so their accounts have maxed stats and 99999 of every resource, then they should be allowed to do that?

26 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

Oh my god get over yourself. If I want to change the date on MY PS4, that's my prerogative as it's my hardware. If this changes the state of a game then that is completely on the developer and if they don't like it, they patch it out. Simple as that.

Take it easy pal, just stating positive intent around how the developers might react and hoping for something favourable. I don't think a ban for the action itself would be controversial, which is what i am replying to, rather than casting negative or judgemental light on your personal relationship with your PS4.

But I do agree it might be tricky to verify who did the exploit outside of looking at whatever user behaviour the server logs. I guess it depends on how good their data analytics systems are and whether they are set to look for specific actions/leaps in progress. Then from there whether they give enough of a crap about it to take action. Some companies care more than others, so you can never tell really.

The only factor i can think about them reacting harshly is if Polychoron is tied into their microtransaction system, but i'm not sure if it is. 

5 minutes ago, SpacebarPIays said:

Or are you of the opinion that if people can make it so their accounts have maxed stats and 99999 of every resource, then they should be allowed to do that?

My opinion is that it is a glitch they need to solve. Relying on common sense in this world is useless xD

In the meantime, I believe that everyone can do what they want, at their own risk, including their own conscience. But, again, in my opinion the developers may not be able to understand who used it and who did not the glitch. This doesn't mean "you can use it", that's not what I'm saying. I say that everyone does as he wants and takes his own responsibilities.

I hope they solve anyway, so as to avoid possible future problems (since you are talking about PvP, I had no idea)