Unlimited Polychoron Glitch (patch 1.06)

LegendaryPound69

8 minutes ago, SpacebarPIays said:

Just as a heads-up, i spoke to one of the devs on Reddit about this.

They can track the faction gains and are aware of it, they are still discussing in-house what actions to take for it.

So like i said above, i'd be careful about this.

I am a bit scared because as I said before, I found myself with a bug (I guess it was a bug) with some missions available again and I obviously took and made them. So I made more than 8 of that faction in 24 hours, but not because I changed the time xD

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Siriodorione said:

I am a bit scared because as I said before, I found myself with a bug (I guess it was a bug) with some missions available again and I obviously took and made them. So I made more than 8 of that faction in 24 hours, but not because I changed the time xD

Yeah ive had the same experience with them resetting for an unknown reason once or twice.

Theres a difference between that and it somehow happening 50 times in a row though.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I'd argue that it's only a matter of controversy for people who intentionally made the choice to exploit rather than just not do it and play the game normally and is left wondering if they are going to get banned. It's arguable that it's even a sign of the game broken because you can only perform it by consciously manipulating your system clock settings to consciously trick the game into resetting dailies.

It's not an accidental thing and not a sign that the game is broken, you could even argue it's a design choice - if everyone is completing their dailies at different times, it makes sense to tailor those resets to the individual player. And the actions you have to take to exploit this are so specific that the only way you'd make this work is to intentionally do it. To say the game launched broken because of this is a bit of a shaky defense. That's not the game launching broken, that's someone being naughty with the back end of the PS4 system to confuse the game intentionally for gain.

A controversy is releasing Spider-Man as a PS4 exclusive character over all other systems. Someone getting banned because they actively manipulated their system settings to confuse the game into doing something it wasn't designed to do isn't a controversy.

Anyway, I don't think there is much more for me to say here. Good luck to everyone and I hope that whoever did do this gets a merciful verdict from the devs.

You took 1 point and zoomed it in, then you smalled the issue to make a point, the rest is a repeat of what you already said.

Anyway, we both have 2 have different perspectives on the situation and only time will learn if this can lead to controversy.

I can understand the banning, but I feel like it is unjustified by the developers. Not having fixed this 'problem' before hitting the store shelves, leaving a bug in due to deadlines an stuffs, and then banning people from profiting on their mistakes and responsibility. 

Edited by Bumperklever

3 hours ago, SpacebarPIays said:

Just so i can get this excuse, im not after 'hundreds' of reasons, could you give me ONE excuse as to why you would have to move your PS4 date one day ahead, then play the game for an hour, before moving the date ahead one more day and repeat for 'fifty days'?

Theres a HUGEEEEEEEEEEE difference between malicious intent and accidentally popping it once through moving time zones lmfao.

Firstly, not saying there are hundreds of reasons to change your system date 50 times. More that there are hundreds of reasons to change your system date, which leaves enough plausible deniability with the user. This makes handing out bans (which they're not even doing yet) tricky.

Soooo, if i was to start a petition to allow hacked trophies to be allowed on this site, would you be the first to sign a bit fat YES to that?

As you said, im not changing anything except for MY PS4 so i should be allowed to get 3k plat trophies right...?

Holy hyperbole. There are already rules on this website that govern whats considered cheating and what isn't. For example, custom firmware = obviously cheating but using the dev menu in the Jak & Daxter games isn't. I'd be willing to bet that this particular exploit would be treated as not cheating.

Hacked trophies? Dude come the fuck on, changing a date using an easily accessible feature on your PS4 is not hacking.

So it will have a direct impact on players, whether today or 3 months from now.

This is not the players responsibility. If it is actually a massive issue as you're making it out to be, the devs will patch it out. Because it is THEIR responsibility to do so.

Or are you of the opinion that if people can make it so their accounts have maxed stats and 99999 of every resource, then they should be allowed to do that?

If it is using an exploit that is in the game and accessible by everyone, and hasn't been patched out by the developers, intentionally or not. YES. 

I do not condone actual hacking.

3 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Take it easy pal, just stating positive intent around how the developers might react and hoping for something favourable. I don't think a ban for the action itself would be controversial, which is what i am replying to, rather than casting negative or judgemental light on your personal relationship with your PS4.

But I do agree it might be tricky to verify who did the exploit outside of looking at whatever user behaviour the server logs. I guess it depends on how good their data analytics systems are and whether they are set to look for specific actions/leaps in progress. Then from there whether they give enough of a crap about it to take action. Some companies care more than others, so you can never tell really.

The only factor i can think about them reacting harshly is if Polychoron is tied into their microtransaction system, but i'm not sure if it is. 

Chalk it up to a misunderstanding then. I just found your wording, particularly the sentence I initially quoted, to be quite eye-rolly. That's my bad. 

8 hours ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

How are you already nearly rank 20 without using the exploit? I've played everyday & have done all 16 assignments each day & I'm much lower, my Shield rank is 11 & my Resistance rank is only 10.

I got the deluxe and edition and played 3 days earlier maybe that’s why 

25 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

Firstly, not saying there are hundreds of reasons to change your system date 50 times. More that there are hundreds of reasons to change your system date, which leaves enough plausible deniability with the user. This makes handing out bans (which they're not even doing yet) tricky.

Holy hyperbole. There are already rules on this website that govern whats considered cheating and what isn't. For example, custom firmware = obviously cheating but using the dev menu in the Jak & Daxter games isn't. I'd be willing to bet that this particular exploit would be treated as not cheating.

Theres no plausible deniability for the user if they dont have a reason for changing their system date 50 times whilst playing Avengers.

You said there was hundreds of reasons, now you cant name one that would give them plausible deniability?

Yes, there are rules.

Just like there are rules in game about exploiting bugs/glitches (In the T+Cs that most people ignore).

Also, whether or not you consider this cheating doesnt really matter.

One of the developers of the game has said it is against the rules to do this. So...

15 hours ago, SpacebarPIays said:

Just as a heads-up, i spoke to one of the devs on Reddit about this.

They can track the faction gains and are aware of it, they are still discussing in-house what actions to take for it.

11 hours ago, SpacebarPIays said:

One of the developers of the game has said it is against the rules to do this. So...

Hmm, which one is it? Did they say it was against the rules or did they say they were aware of it?

Know what, I'm done with you. Your comments are reaching corporate shill level.

2 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

Hmm, which one is it? Did they say it was against the rules or did they say they were aware of it?

Know what, I'm done with you. Your comments are reaching corporate shill level.

Corporate Shill levels because im literally warning people that a developer for the game has come out and said they are able to track people that use this 'bug/glitch/completely innocent method' and are currently discussing in-house what to do with people that abuse it?

Mmmmmkay.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 8:20 PM, xTROPHY_LEGENDx said:

I got the deluxe and edition and played 3 days earlier maybe that’s why 

I've found out what's causing it, there's a bug in the game where some or most dailies aren't refreshing for some players, today alone I could only pickup 3 Shield & 5 Resistance ones.

They display as completed when you go to speak to a faction coordinator even though they were never started.

I spoke to someone from CD about it on their Avengers Discord earlier & they said it is something they are aware of butcan't  put a timeline on when it will be fixed as of yet.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

I've found out what's causing it, there's a bug in the game where some or most dailies aren't refreshing for some players, today alone I could only pickup 3 Shield & 5 Resistance ones.

They display as completed when you go to speak to a faction coordinator even though they were never started.

I spoke to someone from CD about it on their Avengers Discord earlier & they said it is something they are aware of butcan't  put a timeline on when it will be fixed as of yet.

Same with challenges not registering again. "Defeat 10 enemies with heavy attacks" did it for about 5 minutes and i'm still at 0 percent.

At this point you could justify using the date changing exploit (sparingly) since you can't get your challenges and faction dailies playing normally.

What an absolute mess. 

Why is it that it seems like ONLY IN GAMING does a product get released so half-broken with zero repercussions? It's the same as buying a car with three tires and one headlight and half a windshield wiper. And Honda just says "it's in the mail....soon....ish...maybe?" And you wait 12 days only to get the extra headlight that shines blue, the wiper is too big and bumps into the other one and you have a tire but there's no air and the hubcap doesn't match the other three.

11 hours ago, MrPhrips said:

Why is it that it seems like ONLY IN GAMING does a product get released so half-broken with zero repercussions?

Its not lol.

Cars get recalled all the time (To use your example) because somethings broken in them/dangerous.

Same with food, food/drink gets recalled a lot for xyz reasons.

Films as well, look at The Justice League for example, or Watchmen, or basically any Synder film that is messed with by the producers/film companies and released as a shit film that is missing half the stuff that makes it good.

1 hour ago, SpacebarPIays said:

Its not lol.

Cars get recalled all the time (To use your example) because somethings broken in them/dangerous.

Same with food, food/drink gets recalled a lot for xyz reasons.

Films as well, look at The Justice League for example, or Watchmen, or basically any Synder film that is messed with by the producers/film companies and released as a shit film that is missing half the stuff that makes it good.

When was the first time a game you bought was recalled?

Did Warner Brothers refund your purchase to Justice League? Are you going to get to watch the Snyder cut for free since you purchased a ticket to the original Justice League?

Fallout 76 is still a hot mess. It was basically unplayable when it released and they refused refunds. Same with Little Big Planet 3 on launch, thankfully after stating my case to GameStop the employe refunded my purchase. But Sony didn't recall the game, they released a few patches but it's still broken. It's not what I paid for.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MrPhrips said:

When was the first time a game you bought was recalled?

Did Warner Brothers refund your purchase to Justice League? Are you going to get to watch the Snyder cut for free since you purchased a ticket to the original Justice League?

Fallout 76 is still a hot mess. It was basically unplayable when it released and they refused refunds. Same with Little Big Planet 3 on launch, thankfully after stating my case to GameStop the employe refunded my purchase. But Sony didn't recall the game, they released a few patches but it's still broken. It's not what I paid for.

I think i fucked up what i meant, its confusing to me when i look back at it hahaha.

Theres a ton of mediums that dont give refunds/help when something is busted, it aint just games.

22 minutes ago, SpacebarPIays said:

I think i fucked up what i meant, its confusing to me when i look back at it hahaha.

Theres a ton of mediums that dont give refunds/help when something is busted, it aint just games.

Name some if there's "a ton of mediums." Sure there are mediums that will refund or replace a broken product with a working one. You can buy a broken Barbie doll and return it since it's missing a leg and get one with two legs. A new Blu ray might be scratched and you can get a working one your player can read. Same with games.

But I can't remember when Jay-Z released a 12 song album and 3 of them weren't finished and one song was missing 2 minutes of bass. Only for Jay to fix one of the songs in a patch and then moved on to working on the next album without fixing the rest and said no refunds. And then Kanye and Katy Perry and Taylor Swift all did it at least once or twice, and that has been going on for years and people just go with it and accept it now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrPhrips said:

Name some if there's "a ton of mediums." Sure there are mediums that will refund or replace a broken product with a working one. You can buy a broken Barbie doll and return it since it's missing a leg and get one with two legs. A new Blu ray might be scratched and you can get a working one your player can read. Same with games.

But I can't remember when Jay-Z released a 12 song album and 3 of them weren't finished and one song was missing 2 minutes of bass. Only for Jay to fix one of the songs in a patch and then moved on to working on the next album without fixing the rest and said no refunds. And then Kanye and Katy Perry and Taylor Swift all did it at least once or twice, and that has been going on for years and people just go with it and accept it now.

Cant remember any games that did that either TBH, unless you can name some?

Its not the game companies issue if you over-evaluate games and consider them 'broken' when in essence, they just arent really what you are after.

You seem to be changing your tone on what 'busted' means, so really, its down to you to properly define what you mean by that before i can give you a proper answer.

In terms of Avengers Games, its not 'busted'. Its actually a perfectly workable game, ive been able to put 100 hours into the game since release without anything 'breaking' that prevented me from being able to play/enjoy the game.

Your analogy isnt akin to Jay-z saying 'heres 12 song album' but theres only 8 songs.

Your analogy is akin to Linkin Park releasing the album 'Minutes To Midnight', an album that is perfectly good (Amazing IMO) but is different from what you expected/got because its a far-cry from albums like Hybrid Theory/Meteora.

From your multiple comments on this subject across multiple threads, you clearly went in to this game with different expectations of what you expected and even though the game provided is completely playable and follows a GAAS-model that most people knew about, youve declared it 'broken' because its not what YOU wanted.

8 hours ago, SpacebarPIays said:

Cant remember any games that did that either TBH, unless you can name some?

Its not the game companies issue if you over-evaluate games and consider them 'broken' when in essence, they just arent really what you are after.

You seem to be changing your tone on what 'busted' means, so really, its down to you to properly define what you mean by that before i can give you a proper answer.

In terms of Avengers Games, its not 'busted'. Its actually a perfectly workable game, ive been able to put 100 hours into the game since release without anything 'breaking' that prevented me from being able to play/enjoy the game.

Your analogy isnt akin to Jay-z saying 'heres 12 song album' but theres only 8 songs.

Your analogy is akin to Linkin Park releasing the album 'Minutes To Midnight', an album that is perfectly good (Amazing IMO) but is different from what you expected/got because its a far-cry from albums like Hybrid Theory/Meteora.

From your multiple comments on this subject across multiple threads, you clearly went in to this game with different expectations of what you expected and even though the game provided is completely playable and follows a GAAS-model that most people knew about, youve declared it 'broken' because its not what YOU wanted.

That's exactly an apt analogy for how games are released buggy and broken with missing features or features that aren't fixed and were what was advertised. A company tells you what's going to be in their product and the set price, you pay for the product but some of what was promised is missing from the product, they fix a little bit here and there and the rest is tough luck and they keep your full payment for less of what was advertised. Gaming gets away with it all the time. It's if Minutes To Midnight was advertised as a 20 song album and you buy it and find out 3 of the songs aren't playable, they fix it to where one is and you're supposed to just deal with it cause Linkin Park is already moved on to working on their next one. I didn't buy Bioshock Infinite thinking we're going back underwater because the trailer shows a city in the sky with a different theme and story. Same as Linking Park and bands all the time do press tours talking about their growth and interest in different styles for their new songs so you expect something different. If you like the new CD or not doesn't matter because you got a fully working CD for what you paid for.

Avengers GAAS model was only talked about for their cosmetics. I expected an in game shop for costumes, emotes and worthless stuff that doesn't affect gameplay. Not broken factions that serve no purpose and limiting me from playing the game with limited daily assignments which stop me from fully upgrading my artifacts and helping me advance. I went into this thinking it's a Diablo style dungeon crawler focusing on replaying missions and loot grinding which is what it is. I didn't expect them to put subscription style elements into a game that doesn't require a subscription for literally no reason other than to stop you from playing certain missions that day.

You don't know what you're talking about based on your previous comments where you can't define what you mean by "tons of mediums" and being confused by your own statements when you "look back" at what YOU wrote.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SpacebarPIays said:

Cool, once again, youre moving the goalposts.

Im done replying to you considering you clearly (Once again by your multiple threads/constant bitching comments) just want to rail on a game because YOU didnt pay attention to what the game was before playing.

Good one, kid. You keep defending the game in ways you can't even do it by saying "tons of..." and never give examples. Face it, Factions, as they are now, and daily quests, as they are now, are broken and pointless. I don't care if they're going to be worth while later, because that'll probably be in a few months when people have moved on to other games. You can't tell me when it'll be worth it and valid. I paid attention to this game and knew what they were doing. But for them to implement these features without them finished is poor. It's all work and zero reward from them the way they are. It's horrible game design as of now, maybe in the future it'll be better, but that doesn't make it worth it today. Factions should have been released when they were ready. Daily quests should be refreshed when you've finished all of them the day you do. 

23 minutes ago, MrPhrips said:

Good one, kid. You keep defending the game in ways you can't even do it by saying "tons of..." and never give examples. Face it, Factions, as they are now, and daily quests, as they are now, are broken and pointless. I don't care if they're going to be worth while later, because that'll probably be in a few months when people have moved on to other games. You can't tell me when it'll be worth it and valid. I paid attention to this game and knew what they were doing. But for them to implement these features without them finished is poor. It's all work and zero reward from them the way they are. It's horrible game design as of now, maybe in the future it'll be better, but that doesn't make it worth it today. Factions should have been released when they were ready. Daily quests should be refreshed when you've finished all of them the day you do. 

0 reward? The faction level ups still give out materials and increase the number of items you can potentially buy from their stores.
It isn't the most significant system but it also isn't meaningless, broken, or without reward.

You want to call the other person a kid despite your arguments being childish hyperbole. 

Do you I guess.

"Daily Quests should refresh when you finish them." The hell? Then they would no longer be dailies.

2 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

0 reward? The faction level ups still give out materials and increase the number of items you can potentially buy from their stores.
It isn't the most significant system but it also isn't meaningless, broken, or without reward.

You want to call the other person a kid despite your arguments being childish hyperbole. 

Do you I guess.

"Daily Quests should refresh when you finish them." The hell? Then they would no longer be dailies.

Okay white knight, provide some examples of "childish hyperbole" if you want. But when someone who has no knowledge of how closely I paid attention to this game tells me I don't know what I'm talking about, I don't think they're being adult about it. They keep saying "tons of games" without any example, or making broad statements without any kind of way to back it up. They even got confused and didn't know what they were talking about sentences before when I asked them to clarify what they meant. So doesn't sound very well thought out to me. But I guess i'm "moving goalposts" again without being told what it is i'm moving. So if people want a discussion i'll happily have that, if people want to use phrases they've heard without any substance I'll call them a kid.

And yeah they're insignificant "rewards" for leveling up a faction rank. And as they are now factions are half baked and just there for filler and place holders. They sell randomized gear that could be found playing the game. There's nothing special or necessary about them as of now.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...