What level are you?

Ducktardy

I gave up at Level 68

I have all trophies bar one. The Level 100 Trophy. I just can't be assed to do it. Don't get me wrong, I love Tony Hawk and all, but not enough to grind out 100 hours or so with slow-moving XP.

Maybe if they add some incentive then I'll come back to it and clean it up. But right now? Can't be assed to grind it out. 

Honestly, I would take another Hard Get There trophy over this one. At least the Hard Get There felt like an achievement when you nailed them.

The level 100 trophy is just a slog.

Ways in which it could be fixed? Give weekends of Double XP on Multiplayer. Or boost it a little in Multiplayer. Make the Multiplayer more varied. Or better yet, let other characters have access to Level Goals outside of Speed Run and reward the player for playing through those goals with other characters....like the old games.

Just anything to at least make it enjoyable as opposed to a 100-hour slog.

Edited by danmann861
  • Like 4

Finally reached level 100, whoever is going for the plat I recommend setting certain specific level goals.  I was around level 72 when finished with the hard get theres, only the grind to reach level 100 left. I did 2 levels a day and when reached level 90 only a level per day. I watched movies on my laptop while doing the monotonous grind to make it more bearable. All in all after 130 hours of total playtime I finally have this platinum, and I will say, this is my personal proudest platinum of this gaming generation for sure. Good luck with the quest for level 100!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LilMaggot said:

Oh no... 

"Reduced XP gains for super short runs" 

From: https://twistedvoxel.com/tony-hawks-pro-skater-12-update-1-07-patch-notes/

Is this real? If so, that is an awful thing to do. The xp gain was already miniscule and they reduced it?

I don't even see the point in doing it, it's not like people are skipping content for fast leveling... There is almost nothing new worth doing after you reach level 60/70.

1 hour ago, LilMaggot said:

Oh no... 

"Reduced XP gains for super short runs" 

From: https://twistedvoxel.com/tony-hawks-pro-skater-12-update-1-07-patch-notes/

Absolute w@nkers. I wasnt gonna do this grind anyway but why would they change this for people that want this trophy. Its not like it was a glitch that made the trophy insta pop or gave thousands xp in minutes. Still took alot of work

Edited by dannyswfc9

I'll test it once I'm back from work and post what I find if no one else has said anything by then. 

Update: Noticed no difference with xp gain.

I'm using a created park to do a 10 second manual, lip trick, and grind, ending in a 250k+ point combo. Seem to be getting exactly what I got before the patch. 

Edited by LilMaggot
  • Like 3

The gain reduction was from before. That page says they have the complete list, which is easy to miss.
I made my macro after that patch. Cheesing hasn't changed, proceed as normal.

It's good to know they didn't reduce it even further, though!
The grind has yet to be addressed, hopefully that means they have something big up their sleeve.

37 minutes ago, wltrsjcwvita said:

Glad to see they haven't messed up this system then.
What did the XP gain look like before? I know its 'kind-of' possible to restore old updates of games so is the old version significant enough for the effort?

We might be onto something lol. Anyone care to check this out, currently knee-deep in Ghosts of Tsushima plat run. Fuck that level 100 Grind in THPS

• Like 1

1 hour ago, namcorad1988 said:

Didn't see any difference. In fact it looks like I'm getting a teenie bit more. Sometimes while watching a movie I don't finish a lip after 6500 points rather than like 7200 or ao and at the end I get 30ish EXP for that instead of 25. But my mind might be numbed, I am not really sure

If you're getting more points it probably means your foot stance is switched, which in most circumstances gives you more points but makes it harder to land tricks.
Unless you have maxed out stats, which if you're on this grind I'm assuming you do.

I'm at level 63 with 10 more hard get theres left. After I finish those, I'm planning on getting the 12 remaining easy get theres and completing all challenges with the 18 remaining pro skaters. I figure doing that isn't the most efficient way to get more XP, but it'll be a lot more enjoyable for me than grinding. I'm hoping I'll be past 70 when I complete all of those so I won't have to grind as long. Hopefully they do something to address this soon.

Reached Lv 100 and earned my Pro Skater Returns Platinum today!!! The grind was much better after the update - reached around Lv 88 after completing the challenges that were the most time-efficient based on my skill set, and then grinded the rest. Shoutouts to @ShadyWARcotix for the method.

Happy to be done with the grind, but I still absolutely adore this remake.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KristophDJHero said:

Reached Lv 100 and earned my Pro Skater Returns Platinum today!!! The grind was much better after the update - reached around Lv 88 after completing the challenges that were the most time-efficient based on my skill set, and then grinded the rest. Shoutouts to @ShadyWARcotix for the method.

Happy to be done with the grind, but I still absolutely adore this remake.

Congratulations man, I got the platinum yesterday !! 

• Like 1

I'm up to level 68 with all other trophies done. I'm trying to get as much enjoyment out of the game as I can, so I'm planning to complete all skater challenges and I want to 100% the solo tour with all skaters.

I'm hopeful I'll be around 75 at that point, and then I'll start grinding levels.

Edited by Blood_Hungry_III