What level are you?

Ducktardy

Lvl.80, I was having soooooo much fun with this game until the lvl.100 trophy made it apparent why the plat is UR. I'm litteraly doing all solo tours with every skater to get as much challenges done for xp to keep me from getting burned out on grinding 350ish xp ever 2 minutes. I'm just hoping they ditch the whole pointless level system in a Tony Hawk game if they remake other Tony Hawk games. I've already sunk 170 hours into grinding this game while yakuza like a dragon which was the last game I plated, took only 136 hours to plat with grinding.

Update: Just finished the nostalgia trip challenge only got to lvl.90 all I got left is the hard get-theres and all gaps, which I highly dbout it'll be enough for 100 and I'll more than likely be forced to mindlessly grind in the end. Rip

Edited by DocWong

On 2/4/2021 at 0:48 AM, DocWong said:

Lvl.80, I was having soooooo much fun with this game until the lvl.100 trophy made it apparent why the plat is UR. I'm litteraly doing all solo tours with every skater to get as much challenges done for xp to keep me from getting burned out on grinding 350ish xp ever 2 minutes. I'm just hoping they ditch the whole pointless level system in a Tony Hawk game if they remake other Tony Hawk games. I've already sunk 170 hours into grinding this game while yakuza like a dragon which was the last game I plated, took only 136 hours to plat with grinding.

Update: Just finished the nostalgia trip challenge only got to lvl.90 all I got left is the hard get-theres and all gaps, which I highly dbout it'll be enough for 100 and I'll more than likely be forced to mindlessly grind in the end. Rip

Idk how many have you left to complete, but if you do all forbidden connectors and hard get theres, you will definitely get up by 4-5 levels, skate tours are a waste of time bcs 25 XP and these that I mentioned give 5k each.

13 hours ago, boki_juda said:

Idk how many have you left to complete, but if you do all forbidden connectors and hard get theres, you will definitely get up by 4-5 levels, skate tours are a waste of time bcs 25 XP and these that I mentioned give 5k each.

I'm currently working on the hard get-theres but idk if I'll be able to do the forbidden connectors, I kept slamming my head against the the wall on the warehouse forbidden connector and kept screwing it up, I even tried practicing with mods enabled to get my inputs down and still couldn't get the hang of it.

8 hours ago, DocWong said:

I'm currently working on the hard get-theres but idk if I'll be able to do the forbidden connectors, I kept slamming my head against the the wall on the warehouse forbidden connector and kept screwing it up, I even tried practicing with mods enabled to get my inputs down and still couldn't get the hang of it.

After I did all hard get-theres, I have managed to complete most but 1 hard connector, and that was the Hanger and I found a nice cheesy catch, where I do 900, revert, really quick manual and pop into a lip in less than a blink of an eye. The game does not "trigger" this manual as an attempted trick, so I lipped a few tricks, reverted, jumped into a wallride and all was good.

Yesterday, I was lvl 82 and today I am lvl 90, I am not even intending on wasting time with the hard combos even though I can do most of them, but maaaaaaaannnn....I didn't know that COUNTING TO 10 from lvl 90 to 100 is this long -.-

On 2/8/2021 at 10:59 AM, boki_juda said:

After I did all hard get-theres, I have managed to complete most but 1 hard connector, and that was the Hanger and I found a nice cheesy catch, where I do 900, revert, really quick manual and pop into a lip in less than a blink of an eye. The game does not "trigger" this manual as an attempted trick, so I lipped a few tricks, reverted, jumped into a wallride and all was good.

Yesterday, I was lvl 82 and today I am lvl 90, I am not even intending on wasting time with the hard combos even though I can do most of them, but maaaaaaaannnn....I didn't know that COUNTING TO 10 from lvl 90 to 100 is this long -.-

Alright so I tried my hand at the forbidden connectors again after changing up my special move list and managed to do all of them except for Philly, Skate Heaven, and Hanger. Just the the one's I got done was enough to push me up 5 levels and I'm currently lvl.95, I'm gonna be finishing the hard get-theres this weekend and hope all that is enough to reduce my mindless grinding.

5 hours ago, DocWong said:

Alright so I tried my hand at the forbidden connectors again after changing up my special move list and managed to do all of them except for Philly, Skate Heaven, and Hanger. Just the the one's I got done was enough to push me up 5 levels and I'm currently lvl.95, I'm gonna be finishing the hard get-theres this weekend and hope all that is enough to reduce my mindless grinding.

Hangar - do a cheesy method: take a 900, revert, ultra-fast manual and then lip, or the other way around: lip, revert wallride, wallie, grind.
Philly - go over the gap the other way, face the building, wallplant to a misty flip or, even better, FS 540.
Skate Heaven - don't do the gap in the intended jumping way, instead try to ollie it and then R2 out of the ramp, grind and try your best to switch to the right-er side of the wall, then the grind should finish the rest off (I honestly forgot how it works, does it forbid manuals or reverts, but you can do one of those)

Also, tbh - your grind is technically "pointless" (don't take me too harsh) because hard get-theres are a trophy on their own, and doing all of them will net you 19x5000 XP, which is almost enough for the last 5 levels.
I am also currently sitting at level 95, just doing the 10 second method and my wild guess is that level 99 will elevate beyond 30k XP needed, can someone pleeeeaaaasseee say that I am wrong ???

6 hours ago, boki_juda said:

Hangar - do a cheesy method: take a 900, revert, ultra-fast manual and then lip, or the other way around: lip, revert wallride, wallie, grind.
Philly - go over the gap the other way, face the building, wallplant to a misty flip or, even better, FS 540.
Skate Heaven - don't do the gap in the intended jumping way, instead try to ollie it and then R2 out of the ramp, grind and try your best to switch to the right-er side of the wall, then the grind should finish the rest off (I honestly forgot how it works, does it forbid manuals or reverts, but you can do one of those)

Also, tbh - your grind is technically "pointless" (don't take me too harsh) because hard get-theres are a trophy on their own, and doing all of them will net you 19x5000 XP, which is almost enough for the last 5 levels.
I am also currently sitting at level 95, just doing the 10 second method and my wild guess is that level 99 will elevate beyond 30k XP needed, can someone pleeeeaaaasseee say that I am wrong ???

I know hard get-theres are a trophy but they're not worth 5k each, some are 1k and a few others are 2k, I'm only gonna be grinding while doing speedrun challenges after the hard get-theres are done though to maximize xp gains. Also, yeah it forbids manuals in Skate Heaven forbidden connector.

On 2/10/2021 at 8:17 AM, boki_juda said:

- I am also currently sitting at level 95, just doing the 10 second method and my wild guess is that level 99 will elevate beyond 30k XP needed, can someone pleeeeaaaasseee say that I am wrong ???

Just reached 99 doing the majority of the multiplayer challenges like going afk in online lobbies with a turbo controller and doing the playlist accumulation, exploration and complication challenges, it requires 28,750xp to go from 99 to 100. My grind is nearly over.

Edited by DocWong

Finally hit 100 and finished the last hard get-there in Venice, screw that one by the way. I just hope if they do remake more Tony Hawk games that they stay away from the pointless level system just lock boards and gear behind. Started the game at a high and ended and finished on low but I'm happy it's done and happy to have the plat but I'm not gonna miss repeatedly doing circles for the hard get-theres.

Level 82 here checking in. I've got all the trophies except for ONE HUNDRED!

• All 17 Forbidden Connectors done
  • All Get-Theres done, including the hard ones
  • 14/18 on Playlist Exploration multiplayer challenges
  • Not even gonna attempt to go for the Hard Gap combos. Seems like way too much of a headache for my skill level.

So... all that's left for me is the mindless grind? Anything not impossible and not mind-numbingly boring left to do before committing to the grind?

EDIT - Did a little digging. Looks like the Combo Practice challenges seem pretty easy and will provide a couple thousand XP

Edited by xLAKITUx
  • Like 2

On 2/17/2021 at 7:42 AM, xLAKITUx said:

Level 82 here checking in. I've got all the trophies except for ONE HUNDRED!

• All 17 Forbidden Connectors done
  • All Get-Theres done, including the hard ones
  • 14/18 on Playlist Exploration multiplayer challenges
  • Not even gonna attempt to go for the Hard Gap combos. Seems like way too much of a headache for my skill level.

So... all that's left for me is the mindless grind? Anything not impossible and not mind-numbingly boring left to do before committing to the grind?

EDIT - Did a little digging. Looks like the Combo Practice challenges seem pretty easy and will provide a couple thousand XP

They don't give much XP, but I enjoyed playing through the Solo Tours. It gave the game more fun things for me to do in between grinding.

14 hours ago, Matush_SVK said:

Why are you guys not using macro posted in trophy guide / another thread? I would most likely get bored as hell while grinding last 25 levels.

You don't have to even use a macro, just do 85% of challenges and you'll make it to 96 or 99 depending on the challenges done, that's what I did reaching 99 and and did 2 single session to get the remaining +600xp needed hitting 100.

• Like 2

On 19/02/2021 at 11:18 AM, IAmNotXJ9 said:

After earning all other trophies I and doing all the reasonable challanges that I thought were "worth it" I ended up at level 68/100.

That was 2 days ago.. x2 5 hour sessions of this  without stopping and now I'm level 100! So happy to be done! :)

I am level 100 too now, used a very similar method to get there ...

Platinum in the bag, one of the hardest I’ve got I have to say, so satisfying ??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I ended up reaching level 100 (and thus getting the platinum) on March 20, 9 days after my previous post.

The grind is not bad at all. The very last level needs you to get a bit over 29k exp. Considering you get 300 EXP per run, you only need 100 reps or so to get get from level 99 to level 100.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm currently level 82, with some playlist exploration challenges yet to complete, won't bother with hard gaps cause I can't do those high combos :-(, will finish explorations then I guess it's time to end solo tours with all the remaining characters 4/24 so far. will update once that is done

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm level 84 right now. Trying to do all challenges of course.

I've finished career with about 7 skaters, going for the entire character list completed eventually!

Done all Hard Get Theres, just missing the rest of the gaps on Bullring and Skate Heaven to finish all the gaps in the game.

Finished all Create-A-Park challenges except for the ones for getting plays, although I'm pretty sure the game counts if you play your own map. So I guess hypothetically I could get all those done just by doing a quick free play on my maps nonstop.

Did all Forbidden connectors, going to attempt all the secret high scores once I finish all the careers.

Also have around 110 wins in Jam sessions, most of these were before they patched the game so that top 50% get a win. :P 

I'm going to start working on the misc MP map challenges as well, since the majority of them are for doing simple combos on each map!

• 1 month later...

When I was done with everything there is to do, there are a couple of challenges that are way above my skill level, I was level 72. Instead of grinding the 900 I decided to clear all pro tours for every skater. After 6 skaters I’m now level 80.

So it’s going faster than expected and if my calculations are correct I’ll be, or close to, lvl 100 when I clear all pro tours. I just make sure to do a 1 million combo every run to get 300 xp and when the 2 minute run ends it’s another 300 xp. I can clear every level in one or two runs so it’s going pretty fast. Ofcourse it’s slower but much more fun for me than grinding that 900 over and over again.

• 4 months later...

Tues. 2/1/2022

Just under 95. Returned to this game after like 6 months. Just want to rip the band-aid off and get it over with. I started at 92 today. Grinded for 1 hr. and I'm nearly at 95. At this rate, using this strategy, it looks like I've got about 2.5 hours left until 100. It's brutal though.

Wed. 2/2/2022

Spent half-hour lunch break grinding it out. Got the Philly 10 second loop down to 304-305 XP per run. (Some extra from manual/grind length) - Hit 96 and quit. 4 more left. Soul crushing.

Tues. 02/15/2022

Played for an hour. About 1/3 of the way through level 98. One more hour session should do it. Then, the disc goes back in the box never to be inserted in my PS4 ever again.

Wed. 2/16/2022

Done. 50 minute session. Platinum achieved. This was so stupid.

Edited by xLAKITUx
Additions
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...