Unpatched game unplayable?

JustTheBassist

Started doing a Titan playthrough but wanted to do the arena glitch to get maxed out since I was 200 orbs off being able to upgrade everything in my first playthrough so deleted the 1.03 patch. I've started a new game and while fully maxed weapons and infinite health is fun the game is basically unplayable. Some the issues I'm having include:

• Staggered walking (will constantly just switch between running and walking)
  • Broken jumping (sometimes can double jump, sometimes can't, gliding will work for about half a second before it just stops)
  • Can barely use items (trying to use the bow is constantly interrupted)
  • Over sensitive menus (try to move to the next option and it will move about 3)

I'm not complaining I've actually been laughing at it just interested to see if anyone else has shared this experience when trying to do a run with the arena glitch with the removed patch because I haven't seen anyone mention anything similar online. Also tried playing with multiple controllers so doesn't seem to be an issue with them.

19 minutes ago, JustTheBassist said:

Started doing a Titan playthrough but wanted to do the arena glitch to get maxed out since I was 200 orbs off being able to upgrade everything in my first playthrough so deleted the 1.03 patch. I've started a new game and while fully maxed weapons and infinite health is fun the game is basically unplayable. Some the issues I'm having include:

• Broken jumping (sometimes can double jump, sometimes can't, gliding will work for about half a second before it just stops)
  • Over sensitive menus (try to move to the next option and it will move about 3)

I'm not complaining I've actually been laughing at it just interested to see if anyone else has shared this experience when trying to do a run with the arena glitch with the removed patch because I haven't seen anyone mention anything similar online. Also tried playing with multiple controllers so doesn't seem to be an issue with them.

the arena glitch meaning the glitch at the judges that lets you skip most of the game? I did not delete any patch and just did this recently around 2 mths back

20 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

the arena glitch meaning the glitch at the judges that lets you skip most of the game? I did not delete any patch and just did this recently around 2 mths back

Sorry should've clarified, the one where you go to the combat arena and die a certain amount of times to be offered easy mode then start a new game with max weapons. I had to delete the patch on PS2 version in order to get it to work because apparently the patch fixed it. I've reinstalled patch 1.03 and everything works fine again and i still have infinite health and max weapons was just interested if anyone else had same experience with the unpatched game because it was basically unplayabale.

5 minutes ago, JustTheBassist said:

Sorry should've clarified, the one where you go to the combat arena and die a certain amount of times to be offered easy mode then start a new game with max weapons. I had to delete the patch on PS2 version in order to get it to work because apparently the patch fixed it. I've reinstalled patch 1.03 and everything works fine again and i still have infinite health and max weapons was just interested if anyone else had same experience with the unpatched game because it was basically unplayabale.

Oh yeah i did that glitch as well but I combined it with the Judges glitch to skip most of my titan playthrough and only during that glitch did i encounter bugs of any kind 

1 hour ago, JustTheBassist said:

don't skip the hole game with the judges if you delete the patch just play through the game with the glitch gow 3 is a short game so it will take about 3 or 4 hours to beat.

6 hours ago, THEULTRAMEMELORD said:

don't skip the hole game with the judges if you delete the patch just play through the game with the glitch gow 3 is a short game so it will take about 3 or 4 hours to beat.

I completed it earlier and got the plat, wouldn't let me skip the judges game would crash when attempting haha. Was just interested if anyone else had deleted the 1.03 patch to do the glitch and experienced super buggy gameplay. Luckily the game played as normal when I reinstalled 1.03 after starting a new game with infinite health but it was borderline unplayable before I did platforming couldn't be done at all because of how glitchy and weird the controls went.

• 1 year later...

Wanted to put this on there that I also experienced wonky controls that wouldn't let me move objects or jump correctly. Did some digging as of 7/17/22 and figured out it was an unpatched bug that was affecting wireless controllers. The solve for the unpatched version is simply plugging the wireless controller into the console with a charging cord and it works perfectly fine after that, even during the Challenge of the Titans invincibility glitch.

Below is the article I found that showed that this was patched in 1.01 but I can confirm hooking up the wireless controller to the console fixes the control issue.

https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/03/27/god-of-war-iii-patched/

• Like 1