What is the last movie you have watched in a theater?

kratosgreatsword

Hi guys, hope u have been good?. Because of this ongoing pandemic theaters have been one of the worst hit as they have mostly been closed. I remember the last movie i saw with my buddies in a theater was bloodshot. This got me wondering what you guys have been watching before the pandemic put a stop to those theater dates and hangouts.

Edited by kratosgreatsword
  • Like 2

Avengers Endgame... and to be honest, I did that out of obligation to see that era of MCU's big finale more than anything.

Not a fan of the theaters.  I've gotten very comfortable with the lights down, big screen, recliner and popcorn/soda in my living room the last 6 months or so.  It's really friggin' awesome.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

Avengers Endgame... and to be honest, I did that out of obligation to see that era of MCU's big finale more than anything.

Not a fan of the theaters.  I've gotten very comfortable with the lights down, big screen, recliner and popcorn/soda in my living room the last 6 months or so.  It's really friggin' awesome.

i see. I have to admit its awesome to watch a movie sitting on your couch with a bag of chips and popcorn !

2 minutes ago, kratosgreatsword said:

i see. I have to admit its awesome to watch a movie sitting on your couch with a bag of chips and popcorn !

I mean, my setup is basically a movie theater (complete with big screen and sound system) without the obnoxious people or the crazy prices.  What's not to like? xD

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Alderriz said:

It was Birds of Prey 1f604.png. I actually enjoyed most of it.

Haven't been to a movie theater since February. But some of my friends went to see Tenet recently. I'm not ready to do the same yet. 

wanted to watch Birds of Prey but did not manage to until now?. I have heard Tenet is awesome, will watch it once i get a chance.

3 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

I mean, my setup is basically a movie theater (complete with big screen and sound system) without the obnoxious people or the crazy prices.  What's not to like? xD

yea thats really cool

6 minutes ago, GraniteSnake said:

Skyfall back in 2012 :facepalm: I’ve always preferred television series over movies.

oh , really loved skyfall. I watch a lot of series too. which one is your favorite ?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, VigilantCrow said:

Train to Busan 2.
One of my students snuck me in, during a theatre's employee showing

awesome lol

26 minutes ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

The last Jedi.

Prior to that was The Force Awakens

Prior to that was Horrible Bosses 2 

Prior to that I think was either The Phantom Menace or The Clone Wars.

star wars fan ? 

• Like 1

Avatar in 3D in maybe 2010 or so, have not been to the cinema in about 10 years. Just seems like such a waste of time, watching 30-60 mins of adverts before the thing starts and having to be there early to get a good seat, not being able to pause to go the toilet, getting ready and dressed to go the place, not being able to drink alcohol, over expensive food, constant smart phone screens in the audience below me, not being able to watch more than once etc.

Just like my backlog of games I'd rather wait till a film is old and then I can watch it in luxury at like 90% off price at home

And then Covid came along making me want to go even less, probably might not go to the theatre again for a loong time.

29 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Avatar in 3D in maybe 2010 or so, have not been to the cinema in about 10 years. Just seems like such a waste of time, watching 30-60 mins of adverts before the thing starts and having to be there early to get a good seat, not being able to pause to go the toilet, getting ready and dressed to go the place, not being able to drink alcohol, over expensive food, constant smart phone screens in the audience below me, not being able to watch more than once etc.

Just like my backlog of games I'd rather wait till a film is old and then I can watch it in luxury at like 90% off price at home

And then Covid came along making me want to go even less, probably might not go to the theatre again for a loong time.

i used to think its a time waste too but my friends insist on going so i tag along !

7 minutes ago, talespagni said:

I'd like to take the opportunity and ask everybody: how is the experience nowadays going to the movies for you?

I find it increasingly annoying: people simply can't stop talking during the movie, looking at their cell phones, taking pictures, etc.

I rarely see something like this in Russia. Most people try not to bother others. They can be a little loud before the movie starts, talk, laugh, maybe take some selfies with friends, that kind of normal stuff. But when the trailers start rolling, 99% of audience goes quiet and hides their phones. Once in a while you'll see an asshole who checks their phone. Only once in my entire life have I seen a guy filming the screen with his phone. 

Also people here don't react very loudly to what's happening on the screen. I've seen a video of people reacting during an Avengers Endgame screening in the US (I believe it was in LA, to be more specific). They were cheering and shouting and clapping in the middle of the movie. I didn't even know people could be so loud in a movie theater. In Russia, you'll hear people laugh at jokes and gasp at jump scares, but nothing more than that really. It could probably be cool to experience this level of energy, though. But only once, and only if I'm watching the movie a second time and already know what happens. Wouldn't want to sit with such crowd often. 

Edited by Alderriz
  • Like 1