Elgato Capture problem/question

kidson2004

So here my issue:

bought a Elgato Capture last year December, and it was working on my MacBook Pro fine. I haven’t used it in a month due to IRL stuff and work. No problem right? But when I hooked it up again to my MacBook Pro, it wasn’t working at all. I bought a Apple USB-C adapter while I was troubleshooting it and it still wasn’t working. So I’m thinking maybe if I buy a regular laptop it’ll work on it since (from what I read online) the Elgato is having issues working with Apple’s latest OS on the MacBook. My question is will it work on a regular laptop after no working on my MacBook Pro? I even bought a new one to see if it was the capture itself and even a brand new one isn’t working. Thanks so much in advance!! 

6 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

My question is will it work on a regular laptop after no working on my MacBook Pro?

"regular" laptop - LOL

You could always just try to use Bootcamp and install Windows on your MB Pro and then it'll function as a Windows box.

The Windows 10 iso is available for free and you can install without activating it indefinitely.

• Like 1

I mean, if people are reporting that the new Mac OS causes issues with it, and two different devices (one brand new) aren't working... it sounds like an issue with your MacBook and the Elgato device.  The only thing I'd recommend is trying it on a Windows laptop before you buy one (maybe borrow from a friend/family, or from school or work, asking them first of course lol).

EDIT: Or try Bootcamp like Daiv says.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

"regular" laptop - LOL

You could always just try to use Bootcamp and install Windows on your MB Pro and then it'll function as a Windows box.

The Windows 10 iso is available for free and you can install without activating it indefinitely.

How do I do that? It’s been a loooooooong time since I last did something similar like this. And don’t laugh at me for saying regular laptop lol ? 

1 minute ago, kidson2004 said:

How do I do that? It’s been a loooooooong time since I last did something similar like this. And don’t laugh at me for saying regular laptop lol ? 

Applications, Utilties - Bootcamp

Google search for Windows 10 iso, since you'll be doing on a Mac, you can follow the prompts to download it. Choose the 64 bit version. Home/Pro are all included on the same ISO now. Once the iso downloads, run Bootcamp, follow the prompts. You'll need a USB drive to download the Windows updates/drivers, which Bootcamp will do for you.

Simple directions -> Plug in USB drive. Download Windows 10 iso. Run Bootcamp and follow prompts.

To boot between both OS, you can either hold Option while booting or the Startup option in the Mac Control panel, or the Bootcamp icon in the Notifications in Windows will allow you to select your boot OS.

Even this description is probably much more complicated than it ends up being.

• Like 1