50 Hives

Carnage0702

Finally, I got this trophy!

Here are the statistics for your references:

• Normal Hive = 47
    - Iron Man = 15
    - Hulk = 26
    - Black Widow = 6
  • Elite Hive = 4 (Two of them cleared in online multiplay)
  • Elite Heroic Hive = 1

In conculstion, I completed 52 Hives and two of them cleared in online multiplay which didin't count towards the trophy. Therefore, it is highly recommended to complete this trophy in solo mode. Good luck! ?

On 05/06/2021 at 4:15 AM, RazeLok said:

Finally, I got this trophy!

Here are the statistics for your references:

• Normal Hive = 47
    - Iron Man = 15
    - Hulk = 26
    - Black Widow = 6
  • Elite Hive = 4 (Two of them cleared in online multiplay)
  • Elite Heroic Hive = 1

In conculstion, I completed 52 Hives and two of them cleared in online multiplay which didin't count towards the trophy. Therefore, it is highly recommended to complete this trophy in solo mode. Good luck! ?

How did you avoid Elite Hive ? I have only two Hives on my map and they are both Elite...

• Like 1

On 6/6/2021 at 6:23 PM, SLennox said:

How did you avoid Elite Hive ? I have only two Hives on my map and they are both Elite...

Elite Hive always appear on the war table.

But if you see a Normal Hive when you start the game, there is a big chance it will appear in the war table again after you completed the first game. You may need to wait for 1-2 refresh (around 10-20 min) in order to make it appear again.

41 minutes ago, RazeLok said:

Elite Hive always appear on the war table.

But if you see a Normal Hive when you start the game, there is a big chance it will appear in the war table again after you completed the first game. You may need to wait for 1-2 refresh (around 10-20 min) in order to make it appear again.

Thanks for the tip. I had it this morning but not anymore after a new session. Just have to wait I guess

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Where is the "Let the games begin" hive? Never spawn in my table after complete that mission. The hives i do for that farm and tough trophy are "Forest hive", "Desert hive" and elite hives when this 2 not respawn on the table

The combat is good, i have Ironman and Black Widow in 150 Power and level 50, but to reach 50 hives (or more!) is too boring 

9 hours ago, El_Aitor_Koh said:

Where is the "Let the games begin" hive? Never spawn in my table after complete that mission. The hives i do for that farm and tough trophy are "Forest hive", "Desert hive" and elite hives when this 2 not respawn on the table

The combat is good, i have Ironman and Black Widow in 150 Power and level 50, but to reach 50 hives (or more!) is too boring 

I don’t think it shows up again,maybe it was in a patch or something but I have like 150 hours and never saw it again after I completed it!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, totakos1 said:

I don’t think it shows up again,maybe it was in a patch or something but I have like 150 hours and never saw it again after I completed it!

I only did let the games begin when I farmed for  50 hives. But in a fairly recent update in April they made it so that all hives on the wartable are random and Let the Games Begin is not always up. The update made the 50 hives trophy more like a HIV trophy taking a lot longer since all other hives have more floors. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This trophy is the worst. The number to is too big and it's just endless grind of the same corridors of the same enemies. And it's worse of PS4/5 because there's no way to track it.

I enjoy earning trophies but I'm really over trophies that just disrespect your time with obscenely long requirements that are nothing more than some dev choosing that number. Give me challenges, give me different ways to play, don't just give me a massive number to hit and ask people to spends countless hours repeating the same boring action for hours and days.

I'm giving this trophy a couple more sessions and if it doesn't pop I'm not gonna worry about it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A word of encouragement:

When I got this trophy back in April I kept track of how many hives I had done on a piece of paper (everyone should do this) and the trophy popped exactly at 50 hives.

But, to be fair, it did feel like I had done 200 hives at that point. I think it's the fact that each mission has the outside section plus a bunch of floors separated by checkpoints that makes it feel that much longer.

Just make sure to keep matchmaking off.

That is the only circumstance that has been reported to make hives completion not count towards the trophy.

1603833209948?e=1643846400&v=beta&t=15Q1

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2021 at 2:49 PM, Irishdoublej said:

Still no trophy for me December 2021, feel I have done the required 50 hives, I have probably played hives exclusively since obtaining every other trophy, besides the few missions for exotic gear and daily villain sectors

Just keep on playing hives until the trophy pops, I have no idea how many I played, felt like a lot more than 50 Trophy popped finally! 

On 11/12/2021 at 8:25 PM, LastMinuteSavior said:

A word of encouragement:

When I got this trophy back in April I kept track of how many hives I had done on a piece of paper (everyone should do this) and the trophy popped exactly at 50 hives.

But, to be fair, it did feel like I had done 200 hives at that point. I think it's the fact that each mission has the outside section plus a bunch of floors separated by checkpoints that makes it feel that much longer.

Just make sure to keep matchmaking off.

That is the only circumstance that has been reported to make hives completion not count towards the trophy.

1603833209948?e=1643846400&v=beta&t=15Q1

I've been doing exactly this but haven't completed all 50 yet because it's, frankly, a slog even with OP characters. I find I need to take breaks and do other activities or switch characters around so that I  don't die from boredom.

4 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

... it's, frankly, a slog even with OP characters. I find I need to (...) switch characters around so that I don't die from boredom.

Yeah, leveled up characters can help speeding things up, especially if you spam their ultimates at the right moments.

I alternated between Stark and The Hulk because they can fly/jump across the corridors and quickly bypass the skippable enemies.

47 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Yeah, leveled up characters can help speeding things up, especially if you spam their ultimates at the right moments.

I alternated between Stark and The Hulk because they can fly/jump across the corridors and quickly bypass the skippable enemies.

Yeah, agreed. Although when I get bored of being a God I switch to lower level characters in order to level up their skills. I started off using mainly Hawkeye, Thor and Hulk but now I'm using Black Widow; her playstyle is a lot of fun. The thing is, most of the characters are trash at low levels but at higher levels they really come into their own. My Thor has infinite heroics and infinite shock so enemies caught in his attacks can't move. Black Widow just stunlocks enemies to death and has endless invisibility and takedowns haha. I'm so glad I took full advantage of the quadruple XP as I might have missed some hidden gem characters. Iron Man is supposed to be awesome at high levels too but honestly I can't stand his kit right now and the thought of using him to clear hives gives me a headache. The best part about the hives is watching how the skills you've bought on your A.I. tea mates compliment your own. Thor is dropping heroic orbs for me all over the place lol

Well, after 101 runs it finally popped. I have 2 theories as to why it took over double the amount:

- I used the time travel exploit to replay strikes more than once a week.

- I reset my campaign progress to do the patterns/units exploit which may have inadvertently reset my tally. 

Once I realised this may have been the issue I didn't use these exploits for the next 51 runs and I was right. So that's another factor to look out for. To recap:

- Don't change your clock time.

- Don't reset campaign progress during the hives run.

Good luck!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sejefyr said:

Yes there is, but not any easier ones?

There are two standard hives that still spawn , one in Utah and one in the  Pacific Northwest  and they are only 5 floors. However,  their spawn rates are rare so either wait for the war table to refresh or just do elite hives in the meantime. Elite Hives are 6 floors though.

• 1 month later...

Just something I noticed: usually, the hives available refresh each 10 minutes, right? I've noticed that going to the base (forgot the name) sort of refresh what's available, giving you an extra chance to spawn that desired Normal Hive.