Welcome to the League - Easy and fast way to complete it in time

kapitein

If you are like me, you probably haven't unlocked this trophy yet and might've given up hope: the last weekend league is next week and after that the trophy will be unobtainable. You might've also given up hope after seeing everyone with the most badass cards while you are stuck with your 82-83 squad.

But fear not, fellow trophy hunters, as there is a way to score this trophy in time (yes, even if you are reading this post two days before the final weekend league). I bumped into a video with the method in another thread, but figured it deserves its own post. I also tweaked it a bit so it works better (at least, in my case).

What you need:

- A phone that can make a mobile hotspot

- Tinfoil (yes, tinfoil)

What you need to do before you do this method:

- Finished your 5 placement matches (even if you suck or rubberband the five games this method still is easy, it will only take you a bit longer)

The method:

- Close down Ultimate Team

- Make a mobile hotspot on your phone

- Connect your PS4 to the mobile hotspot

- Launch up Ultimate Team and go into a Rivals game

- As soon as you (or your opponent) kicked off, wrap your phone in the tinfoil sheet

- You will notice that your game will freeze, wait 3-4 seconds and take your phone out of the tinfoil (the audio in the game also lowers)

- After a few more seconds you will get a 'opponent disconnected' message, alongside with some FUT coins

- In the next screen you will see the points you earned towards the Weekend League

- Go into a new Rivals game right away, wait until the kickoff and repeat the tinfoil process

That's it. The tinfoil blocks your mobile signal for a few seconds, and that's enough to disconnect the match but not to disconnect your PS4's entire internet access. This way the game will think there was a server issue and awards you with the draw/coins/weekend league points. The better you do in your placement matches, the more Weekend League points you will earn. I was placed in division 5 and earned 30 Weekend League points per game.

If you don't uncover your phone fast enough (or if your mobile hotspot decides to call it quits) you will lose your internet connection and also won't earn any coins/points. If this happens a few times you will be placed in a lower division and will earn less Weekend League points. But, it still is faster than playing a full game (the method takes about 2-3 minutes).

I only discovered this method this afternoon and played for an hour and a half. I currently am at 760/2000, so I will probably get this one done on friday. But I am certain you can do this within a day, even if you are placed in division 10 (I believe you get 8 Weekend League points in division 10, so that's 250 games at 5 minutes each so a cool 20h). This method will not make you very popular nor is it the most legit way to earn you the trophy, but hey! The end justifies the means I'd say.

I hope this helps at least one of you guys, good luck!!!

Edited by kapitein
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, basil_flash said:

I am going to try this method but as I've just got the game, I'm a little confused as to how Rivals actually works. Is the next round of Rivals open now? Or should I wait to start the grind? I don't want to start, for example, get however many points and then for it to reset.

So basically how rivals works is that you start off your campaign with placement matches, and depending on your wins and losses during these placements determines the division you are in. Winning the majority of your matches will place you in a higher division and losses the reverse, and once you are placed, you are then able to earn champions points and the higher your placement, the more points you will be earning for each match completed. And to answer your question about points resetting, no they do not reset at any point before you obtain the nesessary 2000 points to enter the competition, regardless of the competition opening times, so you should start ASAP as the competitions are nearing the end. Also since you're just starting out, i'd recommend boosting the Divisive Figure trophy if possible. Here's more information regarding the process if you decide to: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/fifa-20-a/339668-divisive-figure-3.html

Edited by afcwill97
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, BinneyNUFC said:

Would this also work for Divisive Figure?

No because all matches will end in a draw which will result in an eventual relegation. There is another method to boost the Divisive Figure discussed in another thread (you need to boost the placement matches with a second PS4/a friend and multiple accounts).

You can always reset your fut team in order to do the placement matches again, so if I were you I would do the Weekend League trophy first, reset, and boost the placement matches for division 4 (as the weekend league calls it quits next week, but there is a chance they prolongue it like they did with Fifa 19 this week).

Edited by kapitein

• 4 weeks later...

Guys CAN CONFIRM, this absolutely works, I followed it to the letter and as soon as my game freezes I unwrap my phone. It results in a draw, I get about ~100-150 FIFA coins and +10 points towards the competition (I'm in div 9 lol). If you're curious, I use an iPhone XS. It's a shame it doesn't give you the win, that way I could get to division 4 quicker... But am gonna grind this till I'm on 2000. I got to do it 200 times but each attempt literally takes a minute, sometimes not even! THANKS ALOT!! 

PS. I guess the good thing is that because I have to do this 200 times, I will get the Club Legend trophy easily, and I just received the divide and conquer trophy.

Edited by DoctorDesolate

11 hours ago, DoctorDesolate said:

Guys CAN CONFIRM, this absolutely works, I followed it to the letter and as soon as my game freezes I unwrap my phone. It results in a draw, I get about ~100-150 FIFA coins and +10 points towards the competition (I'm in div 9 lol). If you're curious, I use an iPhone XS. It's a shame it doesn't give you the win, that way I could get to division 4 quicker... But am gonna grind this till I'm on 2000. I got to do it 200 times but each attempt literally takes a minute, sometimes not even! THANKS ALOT!! 

PS. I guess the good thing is that because I have to do this 200 times, I will get the Club Legend trophy easily, and I just received the divide and conquer trophy.

Glad to hear my friend! I had a blast and laughed out loud when I first tried it myself. Hope you can nail that stupid trophy soon!

If you have two PlayStation 4’s, you can ‘easily’ boost the Div4 trophy as well. I’m going to do it sometime next week.

3 hours ago, kapitein said:

Glad to hear my friend! I had a blast and laughed out loud when I first tried it myself. Hope you can nail that stupid trophy soon!

If you have two PlayStation 4’s, you can ‘easily’ boost the Div4 trophy as well. I’m going to do it sometime next week.

Don't think that's possible right now... 

17 hours ago, kapitein said:

Do you mind actually explaining how it works or what the method is, I don't have two PS4s but I definitely am down to try it with someone!

20 hours ago, BinneyNUFC said:

Don't think that's possible right now... 

Why do you think so?

6 hours ago, DoctorDesolate said:

Do you mind actually explaining how it works or what the method is, I don't have two PS4s but I definitely am down to try it with someone!

You basically need a lot of accounts on both of the PS4’s and then match them during your qualification games. You would need 5 wins with your main account, but you can only get matched with people with the same amount of qualification games/wins. It’s easy but takes a REALLY long time because you have to play a lot of games with the secondary accounts so they have the exact amount of wins. There is another topic explaining the exact matchups so if you are going for it try taking a look there :-)

I did it in FIFA18 for the draft trophy, and will be doing it for the Division 4 trophy on 19 and 20. And then some more tinfoil grinding for the 19 weekend league!

Edit: you will have to delete your entire UT club/progress in order for you to replay the qualification games again, so make sure you have all the other trophies first.

Edited by kapitein

7 hours ago, kapitein said:

Why do you think so?

You basically need a lot of accounts on both of the PS4’s and then match them during your qualification games. You would need 5 wins with your main account, but you can only get matched with people with the same amount of qualification games/wins. It’s easy but takes a REALLY long time because you have to play a lot of games with the secondary accounts so they have the exact amount of wins. There is another topic explaining the exact matchups so if you are going for it try taking a look there :-)

I did it in FIFA18 for the draft trophy, and will be doing it for the Division 4 trophy on 19 and 20. And then some more tinfoil grinding for the 19 weekend league!

Edit: you will have to delete your entire UT club/progress in order for you to replay the qualification games again, so make sure you have all the other trophies first.

It seems you aren't up to date.
You currently don't get placed in Division 4 even if you win all 5 placement matches. It seems to have previously worked in the past but not anymore.

Read the other posts related to the Division 4 trophy in both FIFA 19 and 20.

57 minutes ago, SparrowDaKing said:

It seems you aren't up to date.
You currently don't get placed in Division 4 even if you win all 5 placement matches. It seems to have previously worked in the past but not anymore.

Read the other posts related to the Division 4 trophy in both FIFA 19 and 20.

Dang! My intel was indeed off. Let's hope it's temporary... And if not, looks like I'll just need to bring my A-game.

On 16/10/2020 at 1:06 AM, kapitein said:

Dang! My intel was indeed off. Let's hope it's temporary... And if not, looks like I'll just need to bring my A-game.

Good news. It seems that they just fixed it since I just went back to it and noticed that after deleting my club and losing all 5 games, I started in Division 9.
The issue was that they made everyone start in Division 6, so when I was placed in Division 9 I suspected it could be fixed and it is.
I just got the trophy myself after deleting the club once again and, after winning all 5 games, I got placed in Division 4 with around 1400 skill rating. 4 wins and a draw might just make it. Wouldn't risk it though.

I suggest everyone getting the trophy as soon as possible before they mess things up again.

Good luck!

4 hours ago, SparrowDaKing said:

Good news. It seems that they just fixed it since I just went back to it and noticed that after deleting my club and losing all 5 games, I started in Division 9.
The issue was that they made everyone start in Division 6, so when I was placed in Division 9 I suspected it could be fixed and it is.
I just got the trophy myself after deleting the club once again and, after winning all 5 games, I got placed in Division 4 with around 1400 skill rating. 4 wins and a draw might just make it. Wouldn't risk it though.

I suggest everyone getting the trophy as soon as possible before they mess things up again.

Good luck!

Woohoo! Thanks man! Going to do it starting tomorrow and winning ALL 5 games. How many accounts did you end up using?

I'm confused, I'm in Division 10 and have spent hours tin foiling to get towards the 2000 points required for this trophy..but others are saying even after you hit 2000 points it's still not achievable?? I really want to get this out the way so I can reset my club and try and go for the divisive figure trophy as I imagine if I were to reset club those 2000 points would disappear to..

6 minutes ago, DoctorDesolate said:

I'm confused, I'm in Division 10 and have spent hours tin foiling to get towards the 2000 points required for this trophy..but others are saying even after you hit 2000 points it's still not achievable?? I really want to get this out the way so I can reset my club and try and go for the divisive figure trophy as I imagine if I were to reset club those 2000 points would disappear to..

The original Weekend League closed a week after I posted the method and I got it in time. But some people on here have said there is a new Weekend League that is open (or will open?) ten years from now so everyone that wants the trophy would be able to get it. But I am not sure if it’s achievable already, someone else will need to verify that...