Road to 90% trophies/completion rate (Work in Progress)

LancashireLad87

Just now, evs_castro said:

Best of luck to you mate! I have pretty much the same goal regarding my backlog but only left a humble topic listing my platinuns in this part of the forum.

Have to agree, Shock and Awe Extreme is the biggest problem in Arkham Asylum's completion.

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate it. Yes I literally just managed to beat Shock and Awe extreme by 1 second to spare before I get electrocuted on the last round.

2 hours ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Unfortunately I think you already have 3 impossible games on your list. Nice thread, best of luck to ya!

Thanks, I appreciate it! Nice signature image by the way. Oh really, what is the other game that is unobtainable? I know of GT5 and Wipeout HD. It should still be possible to hit 90% completion which would be an insane feat given the games. I'd amaze myself if I can get half of them done to 100%, I'm not a perfect gamer by any means. The sad part of the thread is I'm only halfway through it, it takes a lot of typing as I try to be as descriptive as I can to help others.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought it would be a good idea to update my trophy progress once a month to see how far I've come since I created the original post. On September the 10th my overall completion rate was at a modest 62% since then I've earned a reasonable amount of trophies and I'm now at a 67.31% completion rate. I've made a lot of progress/headway in a number of games particularly Gran Turismo 5. 

I managed to finish off Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled which was a blast and I have just finished Batman Arkham Asylum! I originally had a target or a goal for the amount of trophies I wanted to earn in September 2020 which I set at 30 but I actually earned 57. My plan for October 2020 is to hopefully get closer or even reach a 70% completion rate which would be pretty sweet to hit and finish off Disgaea 3.

I'm at 503 trophies so hopefully I can reach around 535 by the end of October 2020 but we will see. I would like to reach 50% trophies on a few games I have a bad percentage on like Wet and Wipeout HD, and possibly 70% Gran Turismo 5.

• 5 weeks later...

October is now behind us and I have made some good progress since my last update. I finished Disgaea 3 Absence of Justice which was an absolute blast. I reached my goal of 70% overall completion rate which is pretty sweet and I surpassed 50% trophies on Wipeout HD and hit 76% on Gran Turismo 5. I also started DMC5 and I'm currently 14 trophies earned out of 50 which is not great.

As far as my 535 trophy goal was concerned I absolutely smashed that finishing October on 572 trophies out of 779 on my account. My goal for November is to reach 50% on DMC5, Wipeout 70% and hopefully 600 trophies!

1 minute ago, punkshepherd said:

Nice work man

Im a "Lancashire Lad" as well so i can relate somewhat. 

Im just getting into Devil May Cry (starting from no1)  and i can see youre playing no5. Have you played them all? Its difficult. Altho i am starting to get a little better hahaha

I played the original series when I was younger but I haven't played them for years. Yes the games are very challenging, I started on Devil Hunter which I think is normal difficulty, just trying to find all the collectibles and secret missions before I have to go back and try and get an S Rank on all the missions for this difficulty which should be fun. Born and raised in sunny Lancashire haha

Nice promising profile ! Did not check it when you gave me advice about KoF XIII but now that I see...Ninja Gaiden nice! That's a game I wished I could play at its time. Also heard P4Arena is super tough.

Can't wait to hear your input about DMC5 however:D hope you enjoy it!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Copanele said:

Nice promising profile ! Did not check it when you gave me advice about KoF XIII but now that I see...Ninja Gaiden nice! That's a game I wished I could play at its time. Also heard P4Arena is super tough.

Can't wait to hear your input about DMC5 however:D hope you enjoy it!

Thanks man, yes I think every game on my account is tough in there own way. Ninja Gaiden is great but it's very difficult to find a partner online who can clear the hardest team missions. Persona 4 Arena I'm currently boosting the online so hopefully I can get that completed before the end of this month. Oh yeah, I'm enjoying DMC5, I should have the first playthrough finished tonight or tomorrow. 

• Like 1

On 10/09/2020 at 3:04 PM, LancashireLad87 said:

As my PSN name suggests I'm 33 and reside in sunny Lancashire which is in the North West region of the UK. I'm a fan of most genres but I excel at Hack and Slash, Racing and I'm decent at 2D Fighters. I've had a few unofficial world records in gaming over the years, my first came from an absolute classic of the PS2 era which I pray will be remastered at some point, Timesplitters 2! I was 15 or 16 at the time and I reached rank 1 on the leaderboards for the Behead the Undead Challenge 1.

The greatest game ever made. I pretty much missed an entire generation of games because of the hours I put into TimeSplitters 2.

I’ve been following the group behind a potential remaster for years now also in the hope one day it will come to console.

I assume your referring to the Sewer zombie challenge in Behead the undead. Man it was beyond satisfying removing those heads with that shotgun ??. Good times

• Like 1

Just now, Wolf_Town_Spider said:

The greatest game ever made. I pretty much missed an entire generation of games because of the hours I put into TimeSplitters 2.

I’ve been following the group behind a potential remaster for years now also in the hope one day it will come to console.

I assume your referring to the Sewer zombie challenge in Behead the undead. Man it was beyond satisfying removing those heads with that shotgun 1f602.png1f602.png. Good times

The challenge I was good at was Behead the Undead Challenge 1 which was inside a building, if you went into any of the rooms or ventured outside where the ramp of the building is you would get a 3 second countdown, if the timer hit 0 then it would end your run. You had to use a shotgun with 2 rounds in it before you head to reload it. A headshot was worth 75 points, an arm was 25 but if you wanted to be stylish you can punch their head off for 100 points!

I remember trying to get all of the platinum trophies on the challenges back in the day but there was a few I just couldn't do as a kid. The first that springs to mind is the challenge where you have to shoot the monkeys with a shotgun like skeet shooting monkeys, man such great memories of Timesplitters 2, the first game was really good as well.

6 minutes ago, LancashireLad87 said:

The challenge I was good at was Behead the Undead Challenge 1 which was inside a building, if you went into any of the rooms or ventured outside where the ramp of the building is you would get a 3 second countdown, if the timer hit 0 then it would end your run. You had to use a shotgun with 2 rounds in it before you head to reload it. A headshot was worth 75 points, an arm was 25 but if you wanted to be stylish you can punch their head off for 100 points!

I remember trying to get all of the platinum trophies on the challenges back in the day but there was a few I just couldn't do as a kid. The first that springs to mind is the challenge where you have to shoot the monkeys with a shotgun like skeet shooting monkeys, man such great memories of Timesplitters 2, the first game was really good as well.

Yeah that’s the sewer zombie challenge. The music was awesome to especially Siberia. Who was your favourite character?

Just now, Wolf_Town_Spider said:

Yeah that’s the sewer zombie challenge. The music was awesome to especially Siberia. Who was your favourite character?

Considering how many characters are in T2 it's difficult to say just one but I would go with Harry Tipper, probably one of the most classic lines in the franchise is when he's on the operating table and he unscrews the machine and then tells the guy 'did anyone ever tell you, you have a screw lose'?. Absolute classic! I remember the challenge where you had to break all the windows in the starting area of Siberia with a Brick, such an enjoyable challenge and surprisingly very therapeutic.

I have no idea how much time I sank into that game as a kid, it's definitely one of my most played games of all time. No other game has come close to T2 for a shooting game. The monkey was broken he was insanely small if you found the power up that made your character tiny. 

3 minutes ago, LancashireLad87 said:

Considering how many characters are in T2 it's difficult to say just one but I would go with Harry Tipper, probably one of the most classic lines in the franchise is when he's on the operating table and he unscrews the machine and then tells the guy 'did anyone ever tell you, you have a screw lose'?. Absolute classic! I remember the challenge where you had to break all the windows in the starting area of Siberia with a Brick, such an enjoyable challenge and surprisingly very therapeutic.

I have no idea how much time I sank into that game as a kid, it's definitely one of my most played games of all time. No other game has come close to T2 for a shooting game. The monkey was broken he was insanely small if you found the power up that made your character tiny. 

Yeah the monkey and Robofish. I hated that brick challenge ?. They are quite close to completing a remaster I believe but I think it’s intended for PC only which would be a shame.

Anyway good luck with your games I’ve only played GT5 and mirrors edge from your list and both were insanely difficult to 100%. GT5 was a gem though easily my favourite from the series tainted only by those god forsaken red bull challenges. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wolf_Town_Spider said:

Yeah the monkey and Robofish. I hated that brick challenge ?. They are quite close to completing a remaster I believe but I think it’s intended for PC only which would be a shame.

Anyway good luck with your games I’ve only played GT5 and mirrors edge from your list and both were insanely difficult to 100%. GT5 was a gem though easily my favourite from the series tainted only by those god forsaken red bull challenges. 

One can only hope for a remaster. Yes I'm enjoying GT5 and Mirror's Edge, the latter I'm very bad at but I plan to improve when I eventually get back round to playing it. Oh yes, the red bull challenges are absolutely insane, but the satisfaction of completing them is pretty much unrivalled in gaming today which is a shame.

3 minutes ago, Lordidude said:

Good luck with Guitar Hero. 

If you are not a GH veteran that one will take you between 1000 and 2000 hours. 

Guitar Hero is fantastic but man it's not for the faint hearted but you could make that argument for a few games on my account. Great music, great gameplay what more can you ask for. Not looking forward to the multiplayer trophies and the expert trophies for obvious reasons, pray for my fingers haha