Road to 90% trophies/completion rate (Work in Progress)

LancashireLad87

Another month has passed us by, trophy wise it's been a great month once again! I managed to finish the online portion of Persona 4 Arena thanks to my boosting partner. I have made a lot of progress on Dead or Alive 5 which was my joint lowest trophy percent game with Guitar Hero Van Halen at 35%, I'm happy to report DOA5 is now at a respectable 72%. I have made good progress in Devil May Cry 5 having just cleared the game on Dante Must Die difficulty. Wipeout HD is at 81% which is pretty good as well.

I also started a brand new game on my account Blazblue Central Fiction on the PS4, I managed to get the online trophies done within a relatively short period of time, once again thanks to the same boosting partner. However, I was unaware that I needed to buy PS+ to play online, I purchased a PSN card, and tried to buy PS+ with it and you can't. So I had to buy a 1 month subscription via a PS+ card which was annoying to say the least. The game is sitting at a healthy 72% which is the same as DOA5.  

My goal for December is to reach 700 trophies on my account, currently at the time of posting I have 673/832 total trophies. I would like to take the games that are around the 70% mark to 80% and finish the online portion of DOA5 specifically the 1000 online matches. Currently I have around 540 online matches so just over halfway! Finally I would like to have an overall completion rate of 80% and an average trophy % per game to be 75%. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it! Cheers!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

December has passed us by as were now into the new year. As far as trophies were concerned I made a ton of progress towards my trophy goals. I managed to get Blazblue Central Fiction to 97%, Devil May Cry 5 to 92% which included to Vergil DLC content. I finished the online portion of DOA5 which is awesome the game is at 81% which is the same as Wipeout HD. Gran Turismo 5 is at 83% as well which is very respectable considering how hard the game is. I started 2 new games on my account and completed both of them Tekken 7 and Blazblue Cross Tag Battle which were surprisingly easy.

I smashed my trophy goal as I have 790/922 trophies which puts my trophy completion rate to 85.68% hopefully I can reach 87% of the trophies by the end of January but we'll see how things go. Finally I want to hit 800+ trophies before the end of January. Wish me luck!    

• 5 weeks later...

January 2021 has flown by, fortunately we're still in lockdown in the UK so I managed to make a lot of progress. I finished Wet and Devil May Cry 5 100% and the platinum. I also earned the rest of the trophies in Wipeout HD which were obtainable. I started and finished 2 additional games, Under Night In-Birth EXE Late ST and Tekken Hybrid. I finished the month with 889 trophies in total.

As far as the original 16 game challenge on my account I have earned as follows;

1. Batman AA 48/48 

2. CTR NF 48/48

3. Dead or Alive 5 42/48

4. Demon Souls 38/38

5. Disgaea 3 51/51

6. GT5 54/59

7. Guitar Hero Van Halen 29/47

8. Mirror's Edge 35/51

9. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 51/51

10. Persona 4 Arena 45/51

11. Star Ocean 4 0/47

12. The King of Fighters 13 43/47

13. Wet 41/41

14. Wipeout HD 44/51

15. Vanquish 49/51

16. DMC5 54/54

672/783 = 85.82% trophies earned from the original list.

My goal for February is to work on Mirror's Edge which is currently at 66% and start and finish God of War 3 on the PS3. If I have any time left over I will try and work on DOA5 but I don't know if I have time for that but we will see!

Edited by LancashireLad87
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

I'm a few days late with this post as I've been obsessed with Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls on the PS4. February was a great month for my account. I added a few games to my collection including God of War 3 and Sonic and Sega Allstar Racing. I made great progress on Dead or Alive 5 which now sits at 97%. As far as Diablo 3 is concerned I require hardcore level 1 gear so I can blitz through it then all that's left for the platinum and the 100% is the 500 bounty trophy.

At some point I need to purchase the Mirror's Edge DLC to help with my game completion and hopefully it will allow me to get the 50 time trial trophy. At the time of posting I have 45 stars. My goal for this month is to try and finish Diablo 3 and work on some Mirror's Edge as a side game. I also crossed the 1000 trophies mark on my account which is great but the next milestone of 1337 or elite trophy number will take me months to get but hey I'm slowly working on it ^^ 

• Like 1

Not a bad list at all. Most of the stuff you have uncompleted are games with server shutdown and games with trophies that require a good amount of skill, such as the challenges in Vanquish which stop most people from the platinum.

I had the same sort of childhood as you, because I was a real 90s kid. My parents were a bit strict and felt too many video games would prove harmful to a kid so I didn't have much when it came to actual games I could play on my Nintendo 64 for instance. I was big on MMOs for a while, World of Warcraft and Runescape I sunk more time into than any other game I've played in my life. Today the format in general is outdated, I content myself with the variety of games on Sony consoles. I may buy a Nintendo Switch in the future, but I'm unsure just exactly when.

I don't know if you will play Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. I found Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing fairly easy with the exception of the Bonanza Bros mission and the last mission to score AAA, which involves Sonic trying to outrun a giant robot.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Not a bad list at all. Most of the stuff you have uncompleted are games with server shutdown and games with trophies that require a good amount of skill, such as the challenges in Vanquish which stop most people from the platinum.

I had the same sort of childhood as you, because I was a real 90s kid. My parents were a bit strict and felt too many video games would prove harmful to a kid so I didn't have much when it came to actual games I could play on my Nintendo 64 for instance. I was big on MMOs for a while, World of Warcraft and Runescape I sunk more time into than any other game I've played in my life. Today the format in general is outdated, I content myself with the variety of games on Sony consoles. I may buy a Nintendo Switch in the future, but I'm unsure just exactly when.

I don't know if you will play Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. I found Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing fairly easy with the exception of the Bonanza Bros mission and the last mission to score AAA, which involves Sonic trying to outrun a giant robot.

Yes I will try and improve some of the games on my backlog when I get the chance to. It's funny you mentioned Sonic and Sega Allstar Transformed as my friend on PSN who convinced me to play Allstar Racing is eager to play that in the near future. As for the platinum I struggled with a few AAA's which were the one where you had to navigate through all the pots without breaking any of them with the big cat. Another was number 42 which was the 2 lego dudes with the checkpoints, number 47 was a race against Sonic and 64 because of the stupid robot at the end. Great game though I enjoyed playing through it.

Edited by LancashireLad87

Just now, LancashireLad87 said:

Another was number 42 which was the 2 lego dudes with the checkpoints, number 47 was a race against Sonic and 64 because of the stupid robot at the end. Great game though i enjoyed playing through it.

These were the two I specifically mentioned.

Also, if you plan to play Transformed, get Team Sonic out of the way ASAP. You will need four controllers altogether, another player needs four controllers and the third player needs two controllers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AJ_Radio said:

These were the two I specifically mentioned.

Also, if you plan to play Transformed, get Team Sonic out of the way ASAP. You will need four controllers altogether, another player needs four controllers and the third player needs two controllers.

My bad, damn you need a LOT of controllers to do that! That's probably the worst requirement for a trophy I think I've heard, whoever thought that was a good idea needs to be fired or something haha

2 hours ago, LancashireLad87 said:

My bad, damn you need a LOT of controllers to do that! That's probably the worst requirement for a trophy I think I've heard, whoever thought that was a good idea needs to be fired or something haha

It definitely sucks. I was lucky to have four functional controllers and have a boosting team actually get on time. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/03/2021 at 1:33 PM, LancashireLad87 said:

I'm a few days late with this post as I've been obsessed with Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls on the PS4. February was a great month for my account. I added a few games to my collection including God of War 3 and Sonic and Sega Allstar Racing. I made great progress on Dead or Alive 5 which now sits at 97%. As far as Diablo 3 is concerned I require hardcore level 1 gear so I can blitz through it then all that's left for the platinum and the 100% is the 500 bounty trophy.

At some point I need to purchase the Mirror's Edge DLC to help with my game completion and hopefully it will allow me to get the 50 time trial trophy. At the time of posting I have 45 stars. My goal for this month is to try and finish Diablo 3 and work on some Mirror's Edge as a side game. I also crossed the 1000 trophies mark on my account which is great but the next milestone of 1337 or elite trophy number will take me months to get but hey I'm slowly working on it ^^ 

So another month has flown us by, March 2021 was a great month for my trophies, I finished Diablo 3 Eternal Collection as well as the last trophy for Blazblue Central Fiction. I added a new game to my account Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition on the PS3 which currently sits at 95%. Unfortunately I haven't managed to get round to purchasing the Mirror's Edge DLC but I'm planning to before the PS3 stores are closed.

I managed to make some progress with regards to Mirror's Edge due to the 50 time trial trophy which is genuinely the hardest trophy on my account. My goal for April is as follows; to complete the remaining trophies in RE5 and play and complete a new game on my account. Then if I have the time because I will be back at work, to play some Mirror's Edge DLC. Wish me luck!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

April has flown by but my account has improved quite a lot. I added 2 additional games Dead Space 1 and Bayonetta, both were finished to 100% completion which is great. I also managed to get the 200 trials done in KOF13 and the 30 Time attacks! So KOF13 is at 97%. I also finished RE5 to 100% as I originally planned but I never got round to the Mirror's Edge DLC. My goal for May is to get my 20th platinum trophy and hopefully get round to the Mirror's Edge DLC.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Another month of trophy hunting is behind us but May 2021 was a great month for trophies, I earned just over 200 trophies, including Rocket League 100% which is a nice addition to my account. The goal for this month is to earn a platinum trophy in ANY game on my list/backlog and hopefully reach 1,500 trophies on the account but we will see how that goes!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LancashireLad87 said:

Not as close as I would like to be but I'm slowly working on it. I literally just got my hardest platinum moments ago, I'm still in shock dude. Poggers!

King of Fighters XIII? That's fucking insane, dude. Massive respect for that one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LancashireLad87 said:

Thanks man, I appreciate it! How is Blazblue Continuum Shift going?

Just finished the online grind. Took over a week playing several thousands of matches on turbo to get it done. Working on Story Mode before I get to Score Attack and Legion. Haven't hit the combo challenges since starting the online grind, but last I checked I'm still getting my ass kicked on the low levels along with trying to get the perfect play for the Tsubaki trophy. Long way to go, haha.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, LancashireLad87 said:

Not as close as I would like to be but I'm slowly working on it. I literally just got my hardest platinum moments ago, I'm still in shock dude. Poggers!

Nice! I’ve the worst events still ahead of me. AMG Intermediate full lap + all of AMG Advanced/Expert, all 3 Sebastian Vettel X challenges and a couple from both Grand Tour and Sebastian Loeb Rally Challenge (I think). I doubt I’ll ever get the platinum though, way too difficult!

Just now, GraniteSnake said:

Nice! I’ve the worst events still ahead of me. AMG Intermediate full lap + all of AMG Advanced/Expert, all 3 Sebastian Vettel X challenges and a couple from both Grand Tour and Sebastian Loeb Rally Challenge (I think). I doubt I’ll ever get the platinum though, way too difficult!

Same, I'm just in the process of trying to go from Bronze Standard to Silver Standard in GT5. I have only 6 Bronzes left to do but there hard as balls to say the least. The only license test I'm missing is International B1 which for the life of me I cannot seem to get higher than a Silver. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

As usual I'm a few days late with this update but better late than never! It's safe to say I smashed my original target of 50 trophies for the month but that was mostly thanks to Minecraft. The goal for July is to try and finish Guilty Gear Revelator which at the time of posting is sitting at 88%.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

The months are flying by! July was a great month for me, I finished Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator which is my 2nd rarest platinum to date. I started and finished Dark Souls Remastered on the PlayStation 4 which was recommended to me as a must play by Dan from PlatChums. I also started and completed Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 1 on the PlayStation 4 which was a blast, albeit it quite easy. Finally I began my journey through Spira which was highly recommended in my community vote.

The goal for August is very simple work on Final Fantasy X HD, at the time of posting I'm on 27% my goal for the end of August is around 80% but we'll see how I get on.   

• Like 4

On 6/6/2021 at 0:50 AM, LancashireLad87 said:

Another month of trophy hunting is behind us but May 2021 was a great month for trophies, I earned just over 200 trophies, including Rocket League 100% which is a nice addition to my account. The goal for this month is to earn a platinum trophy in ANY game on my list/backlog and hopefully reach 1,500 trophies on the account but we will see how that goes!

A little late to your checklist, but congrats on Rocket League, and you got it done so quick.  Any tips?  Did you have a group of boosters to help?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

A little late to your checklist, but congrats on Rocket League, and you got it done so quick.  Any tips?  Did you have a group of boosters to help?

Thanks RL wasn't too difficult. As far as tips are concerned the only trophies I can give advice on is for scoring 2 times in hoops within a minute and landing an aerial shot I think it was. I did have assistance with some items like the Thermal Booster and such but the rest of the trophies came naturally. If your going back to RL then unless you want to put up with trash talkers I'd highly advise you to turn off the chat.

- Hoops trophy (Fast Break) - 

- Aerial shot/goal -

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

Thanks, that’s really good to hear, sounds like I just need to put more time into the game and I’ll get into a flow.

I'm sure you'll be fine, if I can do it anyone can! I was very concerned about the aerial goal trophy as I'd argue that's one of the most intimidating trophies in the game especially for a noob like myself. I did purchase the Rocket League Premium Pass once I hit level 20 or so because you cannot trade items with each other unless you meet a LOT of criteria. Best of luck to you!

• Like 2