What's an Ad hoc trophy?

willmill97

Ad Hoc is something related to the internet afaik, like an online feature.

This was true for the PSP, but not for the Vita.

Ad Hoc was a way to play online with the vita using the PS3 as an intermediate (the PS3 had to be linked wired for it to work), but even though the Vita have games with the Ad Hoc into it, it's not the same thing.

Ad Hoc for the Vita, is like a local 2 player mode (that requires in the minimum 2 Vita systems and 2 copies of the game), so a trophy that requires Ad Hoc is something you can only get if you meet someone with the game in person and do the trophy (reason why I'm not starting Mod Nations and Street Fighter x Tekken on my Vita, since I would never get the Platinum, unless I was extremely lucky, and even that would be a pain..)

Well just to add this, and it might help Han_the_dragon. Soul Sacrifice requires you to play 100 online matches for a trophy. The game counts it as online when you play in ad hoc mode. However, you can get the trophy solo. You choose ad hoc and are essentially play with someone nearby, even though no one is in the game.

Not sure if that would work with either of the 2 games you mentioned.

This was true for the PSP, but not for the Vita.

Ad Hoc was a way to play online with the vita using the PS3 as an intermediate (the PS3 had to be linked wired for it to work), but even though the Vita have games with the Ad Hoc into it, it's not the same thing.

Ad Hoc for the Vita, is like a local 2 player mode (that requires in the minimum 2 Vita systems and 2 copies of the game), so a trophy that requires Ad Hoc is something you can only get if you meet someone with the game in person and do the trophy (reason why I'm not starting Mod Nations and Street Fighter x Tekken on my Vita, since I would never get the Platinum, unless I was extremely lucky, and even that would be a pain..)

Well just to add this, and it might help Han_the_dragon. Soul Sacrifice requires you to play 100 online matches for a trophy. The game counts it as online when you play in ad hoc mode. However, you can get the trophy solo. You choose ad hoc and are essentially play with someone nearby, even though no one is in the game.

Hmm would this work with this trophy as well? 

17S8fc8fa.png Friendly Competition

Complete a Versus Match against an online player   36.98%

UNCOMMON 40-bronze.png

I just searched online and couldn't find anything indicating it would, but if there's an ad hoc mode you could try it?

I have the game for Vita if that helps? Let me know and I can jump online and help. I haven't played it yet so I may need to do patches and crap.

There is one but i haven't tried it didn't know what it was until just now. 

Im at work at this point but i would really appreciat if you could help me if the AD hoc don't work. My only trophy left for the platina. I probably won't be able to play until sunday though. But add me on PSN if you would be able to help me with it. 

I don't think it would work, since it's needed a 2nd person to start the match/race.

Hmm would this work with this trophy as well? 

17S8fc8fa.png Friendly Competition

Complete a Versus Match against an online player   36.98%

UNCOMMON 40-bronze.png

From what I read, this has nothing to do with Ad hoc, you just need to invite a friend to an online match and play it. (again this is what I read, I don't own the game so it may not be 100% accurate).

It says online player.. that means someone who is playing via PSN.  Ad Hoc is local so it wouldn't be called that.  Most Ad Hoc trophies usually say "Play against a player using Ad Hoc".  There is trophies for playing online in SF X Tekken but you can do that just by being connected to Wifi/3G.

It says online player.. that means someone who is playing via PSN.  Ad Hoc is local so it wouldn't be called that.  Most Ad Hoc trophies usually say "Play against a player using Ad Hoc".  There is trophies for playing online in SF X Tekken but you can do that just by being connected to Wifi/3G.

Ya, I know that, since there are several online trophies in SFxT (and I'm doing exactly that for Wipeout 2048), but SFxT also have an Ad Hoc trophy, that's:

57Sb1a0f3.pngSigns of Friendship

Fight in Ad Hoc Mode.

Same for Mod Nations Racers:

2S11827d.pngAnonymous

Play an Ad Hoc race

If it's possible to get either without requiring a 2nd person, then I would like to know..

The list of games that have Ad Hoc trophies isn't to long (10 or so games I believe).. but still I don't like them..

• 4 years later...

It's bullshit blue tooth local multiplayer which is a pain in the arse because I only know one close friend of mine who has a vita and luckily she helped me with the ad-hoc online trophies for Looney Tunes Galactic Sports... I thought I'd learnt my lesson after that but now I have to do it again with Deemo the Last Recital :/ 

8 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Yep. As @ChristIllusion12 said, it was total bullshit. One of many stupid-ass ideas that Sony had with the Vita...

...actually, it's not completely idiotic. The idiotic part was developers creating content and trophies that could ONLY be accessed through this ad hoc bullshit.

On the contrary.

Ad-hoc multiplayer is the BEST multiplayer.

Because in majority of cases, you could do everything solo :awesome: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

On the contrary.

Ad-hoc multiplayer is the BEST multiplayer.

Because in majority of cases, you could do everything solo :awesome: 

Very few games like Soul Sacrifice could be done solo with bullshit ad-hoc mode.
I got lucky with Looney Tunes Galactic Sports but Deemo The Last Recital will be a bastard because I bought the limited run release

But with everything said and thrown, you can do AC 3 and Black Flag's multiplayer solo and it had none of that local ad-hoc multiplayer crap

I think Sony added it under the influence that every man and his dog will own a vita despite dropping it like a hot brick which is a shame because the vita was one of the best things they put out... okay yes they put crappy local MP in but at least it had two analog sticks compared to the PSP xD 

12 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

You guys do know this topic is 4.5 years old now rite?

i think op knows what an ad hoc trophy is by now 1f602.png 

I'd like to say that I knew that, but...I didn't:huh:

That being said, it became relevant to me when I wanted to play a new DW game (DW: Next), and found out that I would need to round up people in Iowa with the game and the time to meet with me for a few of the trophies.

Edited by starcrunch061

11 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I'd like to say that I knew that, but...I didn't:huh:

That being said, it became relevant to me when I wanted to play a new DW game (DW: Next), and found out that I would need to round up people in Iowa with the game and the time to meet with me for a few of the trophies.

how many people are required for the Dynasty Warriors Next ad hoc?

On topic, when I needed the ad hoc for modnation and had no luck finding anyone, I went to my local Gamestop and bought a used Vita and used copy of game (said it was a gift) popped the trophy and took it back for a full refund.  Using Gamestop's return it within a week policy ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stupid0089 said:

how many people are required for the Dynasty Warriors Next ad hoc?

On topic, when I needed the ad hoc for modnation and had no luck finding anyone, I went to my local Gamestop and bought a used Vita and used copy of game (said it was a gift) popped the trophy and took it back for a full refund.  Using Gamestop's return it within a week policy 1f601.png

Cedar...Rapids?!? HI-YOOOOO!!!!

Seriously, it would be hilarious to get together, from across the state, and get a plat. I'll have to look into it (although I remember people saying they worked in groups of 3-4). But hey - if it can be done, and if you're up for it, we can give it a try.

I used to exploit Gamestop's return policy all the time, because I hated them. Now that they do so poorly, I just feel too sorry for them.