Borderlands 3 Released it's Final DLC! + Thoughts

YooHooFan670

9 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

I was dreading the last dlc messing up my 100 percent but looks completion based again

How would it mess up your 100%? If you have the dlc then you can just boot it up and earn the trophies. There’s nothing too complicated about it. 

40 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

I'd be willing to bet that it's not the last.

What do you think the likelihood of that is? I’ve been waiting to start 3 after all the dlc releases so I can get all the trophies at once and stack it with 1, 2, and pre-sequel. I’m not sure it’s safe yet, especially after what they did recently with 2.

• Like 1

There will always be a chance of a new DLC which would be released some time prior to the next game as was the case for Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary in BL2. That shouldn't be too bad though since that DLC was free when it originally released and then became paid.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

What i mean is if they released hard trophies in the dlc that would prevent me getting the 100 percent

You honestly thought a Borderlands game would have hard trophies? What led you to think that?

Also I’ve never understood that thinking. If you’re committed to getting the 100% then you can get it. Hard trophies can offer a fun challenge. Did I think Kingdom Hearts 3 was going to release hard dlc trophies after you can get the platinum with a completely shallow understanding of the combat system? No but they released a much harder trophy in the dlc. It’s nothing crazy but it forced me to learn the intricacies of the combat system much more deeply and it was super fun. I actually have a much greater appreciation for Kingdom Hearts because of it (3 is the only game I’ve played in the series). 

The only people who have a viable argument about getting screwed are when dlc trophies come out bugged and may never get fixed (see Indivisible). And maybe people who had something like Need for Speed (2015) on their profile because apparently there is a dlc trophy which is a nightmare and requires an extremely high skill level. It’s supposedly far and away harder than anything in the rest of the game.

13 minutes ago, Christonyan said:

Maybe not the last one. Randy Pitchford on Twitter:

" What if (and I mean *if* here) we kept on going and made another premium add-on or even a (smaller) set of premium add-ons? What would you most like to see in a hypothetical future premium add-on pack? "

Source

Oh damn...

The magician has spoken.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Christonyan said:

Maybe not the last one. Randy Pitchford on Twitter:

" What if (and I mean *if* here) we kept on going and made another premium add-on or even a (smaller) set of premium add-ons? What would you most like to see in a hypothetical future premium add-on pack? "

Source

Yeah, I kinda saw a second season pass happening. The only reason they stopped DLC for BL2 was cause the PS3/360 ran out of memory, which is why that last DLC was only on PS4.

1 hour ago, ZJW44 said:

You honestly thought a Borderlands game would have hard trophies? What led you to think that?

Also I’ve never understood that thinking. If you’re committed to getting the 100% then you can get it

Yeah true but some dlcs have either had difficulty spikes in them such as far cry 5 and dishonored even tho the plat was easy so i dont think its too crazy to be relieved that borderlands 3 as had fairly easy dlc trophies. I also never got all borderlands 2 dlc trophies because if i remember rightly they were a pain in the ass

Also i kinda lose interest a bit after the plat so if the dlc trophies are easy enough i will get them but if not oh well i supose. 

I have played 172 games on my profile and only 100 percented 103 so the figures speak for themselves really

Edited by dannyswfc9

• 1 month later...