Remake

-SK

27 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Feels like I'm the only one just exited for this and not criticizing the graphics.... But they weren't the best indeed. I like the redesigned enemies and characters

You're not the only one. I'm looking forward to it too, but the $40 US price tag has me more apprehensive than the visuals do.

• Like 1

The voice actors sound off.

It seems they did new takes so that explains part of it. Farah sounds particularly bad. It could be the limited clips and the overloud movie trailer music but I remain skeptical.

The new trend of the gaming industry is as follows: remake popular IP with lowest budget possible, collect money from simpletons. It minimizes risk and maximizes return. Smart business, horrible art.

I’ll pass. 

Yeah I have to admit the first thing that stood out in the trailer for me were the graphics, not the best. Maybe they will touch them up before release. Regardless, even though I love PoP it is, unfortunately, a Ubisoft title so I will not be getting it on release. I will be waiting for a pre-owned copy. 

Edited by lynx_1985

9 hours ago, jobe13 said:

I loved this when it first came out, but I must admit I'm pretty disappointed. I was hoping for a PoP 2k8 remaster. And the graphics are rather low quality for a game releasing in 2021.

8 hours ago, ImmortalFox- said:

I love Prince of Persia and when I saw the leak this morning I was so happy. However, after seeing that trailer, I feel all my hope for a true remaster has just died. Don't get me wrong, graphics aren't the be all and end all when it comes to games for me, not even close. This however just looks horrible. If it was for PS3 before PS4 was being released I'd be cool with it. I just can't get excited anymore and I'm honestly disappointed. The PS3 remasters of the trilogy don't look much different than this and that remaster trilogy released in 2010.

I'll check it out some more when more gets released but for now, It's a sale price or nothing unfortunately.

Oh come on. The graphics aren't up to par for the current gen but they're still vastly superior than that pathetic excuse for a remaster released on PS3.

5 hours ago, Jasko_SOA said:

PoP is one of the most boring series of the last two decades imo. We need remasters like Silent Hill, Scarface-The World is yours etc. ?

Speak for yourself.

5 hours ago, communistwookiee said:

You're not the only one. I'm looking forward to it too, but the $40 US price tag has me more apprehensive than the visuals do.

Really? $40 is too much? I think that's a perfectly adequate amount considering that's what most remakes sell for. Granted, the lack of visual fidelity may warrant lowering that by $10...

5 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Feels like I'm the only one just exited for this and not criticizing the graphics.... But they weren't the best indeed. I like the redesigned enemies and characters

You're not. I've been eagerly awaiting any bit of Prince of Persia content over the past ten years and we're finally getting it so you won't hear me complaining. 

1 hour ago, lynx_1985 said:

Yeah I have to admit the first thing that stood out in the trailer for me were the graphics, not the best. Maybe they will touch them up before release. Regardless, even though I love PoP it is, unfortunately, a Ubisoft title so I will not be getting it on release. I will be waiting for a pre-owned copy. 

You're not getting this solely because it's a Ubisoft game? Seriously? It doesn't look like they're gonna have microtransactions so why not give it a chance?...

As a hardcore Prince of Persia fan who's been waiting a decade for anything more out of the franchise (I lost hope of a new game long ago), I could not be more ecstatic about this announcement. Although I'm really sad to see all the backlash because I have a bad feeling this will kill any chance of future installments. I agree with people that the graphics are pretty lackluster but I'm just excited to dive back into my childhood with this game. I'm totally cool with them delaying the game to make it look better but I hope they don't take this is a sign that people don't want POP. I'm praying this game does well enough to warrant a remake of the other two in the trilogy. I could die in peace if they remade Warrior Within.

• Like 1

To be honest... I'm not sure the original even needed a remake in the first place. The game still holds pretty well even today. Maybe a port with enhanced graphics, but not really a remake.

Actually, most (good) PS2-era games at best need some slight graphical polish, but not really full-on remakes. What was good back then is still mostly good now.

3 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Really? $40 is too much? I think that's a perfectly adequate amount considering that's what most remakes sell for. Granted, the lack of visual fidelity may warrant lowering that by $10...

It's not even about the graphics for me. It's the value proposition. $40 for a 6 hour long game is rough these days. Many of the other rereleases priced at $40 include multiple games.

I know that it's cool to get on the hate bandwagon and bash things for any number of reasons, but that's not what I'm trying to do. Just think it's overpriced for what it is.

Edited by communistwookiee
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Oh come on. The graphics aren't up to par for the current gen but they're still vastly superior than that pathetic excuse for a remaster released on PS3.

I wouldn't say "vastly superior". The remaster wasn't that bad, not good but not a "pathetic excuse" either. All good though, just my opinion.

12 hours ago, ImmortalFox- said:

I love Prince of Persia and when I saw the leak this morning I was so happy. However, after seeing that trailer, I feel all my hope for a true remaster has just died. Don't get me wrong, graphics aren't the be all and end all when it comes to games for me, not even close. This however just looks horrible. If it was for PS3 before PS4 was being released I'd be cool with it. I just can't get excited anymore and I'm honestly disappointed. The PS3 remasters of the trilogy don't look much different than this and that remaster trilogy released in 2010.

I'll check it out some more when more gets released but for now, It's a sale price or nothing unfortunately.

I feel you. When I saw leaks I was quite excited myself to replay PoP which I played so many times in my childhood, even trailer intro with sand and Ubisoft logo made me nostalgic, but it's look meh. I really don't care about graphics in games, but this remake looks so strange, so rushed, and the price tag of 40 euro is a lot for a game from 2003 even if it's well made, but lacks new content, imho. I hope that they will at least keep their promise about fixing camera. :DD  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

You're not getting this solely because it's a Ubisoft game? Seriously? It doesn't look like they're gonna have microtransactions so why not give it a chance?...

It’s because of the recent things that have been brought to light with Ubisoft and their handling of the situation has been awful. I know people affected by it. With it going on for as long as it did under their nose’s and plus the fact Ubisoft haven’t really done enough in my eyes to address the situation I’m not buying anything new from them any more.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Speak for yourself.

You're not. I've been eagerly awaiting any bit of Prince of Persia content over the past ten years and we're finally getting it so you won't hear me complaining. 

As a hardcore Prince of Persia fan who's been waiting a decade for anything more out of the franchise (I lost hope of a new game long ago), I could not be more ecstatic about this announcement. Although I'm really sad to see all the backlash because I have a bad feeling this will kill any chance of future installments. I agree with people that the graphics are pretty lackluster but I'm just excited to dive back into my childhood with this game. I'm totally cool with them delaying the game to make it look better but I hope they don't take this is a sign that people don't want POP. I'm praying this game does well enough to warrant a remake of the other two in the trilogy. I could die in peace if they remade Warrior Within.

Guess what I did by adding imo at the end of the sentence ;).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Quink666 said:

There is something unappealing about the graphics, cant quite put my finger on it. Something seems off. Maybe it will get better before release.

It's a lazy graphical upgrade. Simple as that. I don't care for graphics but the original is more appealing the eye. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ImmortalFox- said:

I wouldn't say "vastly superior". The remaster wasn't that bad, not good but not a "pathetic excuse" either. All good though, just my opinion.

Sure they are. The games are going to be 18 years apart, there's no comparison. As for the remaster being a pathetic excuse, are you not aware of how buggy those ports were? In some cases the originals looked better and they were riddled with audio issues and game breaking bugs. 

10 hours ago, lynx_1985 said:

It’s because of the recent things that have been brought to light with Ubisoft and their handling of the situation has been awful. I know people affected by it. With it going on for as long as it did under their nose’s and plus the fact Ubisoft haven’t really done enough in my eyes to address the situation I’m not buying anything new from them any more.

You talking about the sexual harassment allegations? 

25 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Sure they are. The games are going to be 18 years apart, there's no comparison. As for the remaster being a pathetic excuse, are you not aware of how buggy those ports were? In some cases the originals looked better and they were riddled with audio issues and game breaking bugs. 

If you say so, already stated twice it's an opinion. The graphics look dreadful for the era we're in, it's quite simple. I'm aware of the issues, never came across any when I played them. There's worse out there but sure, we'll go with pathetic excuse.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2020 at 6:41 PM, PSXtreme_ said:

Tired Time For Bed GIF by swerk - Find & Share on GIPHY

When will this remake/reboot infatuation end???

^This!!!!!

Yes exactly!! Omfg thats wtf i would like to know... so tired of all these stupid remasters and remakes man... finally someone gets it. Like come out with some new shit. So tired of all these companies remaking older games, especially those that really dont need a remake like this game right here. Ps2 game is fine. Ps3 remaster was meh... but really??? They just do it for money it seems. Quick little cash grabs for a prettier version of something you already have on modern gen console. Fuck this.

thank you kind sir! 

16 minutes ago, royal642award said:

^This!!!!!

Yes exactly!! Omfg thats wtf i would like to know... so tired of all these stupid remasters and remakes man... finally someone gets it. Like come out with some new shit. So tired of all these companies remaking older games, especially those that really dont need a remake like this game right here. Ps2 game is fine. Ps3 remaster was meh... but really??? They just do it for money it seems. Quick little cash grabs for a prettier version of something you already have on modern gen console. Fuck this.

thank you kind sir! 

What on Earth are you talking about? There are a lot of people that want to re-experience classics in HD. This game for instance, is in desperate need of a remake. If you don't care about them then don't buy them, but don't act like you speak for everyone. Also you're deluded if you think that most games that come out are remakes/remasters LMAO. Remakes and remasters make up a small percentage of games on the market, so they're by no means a saturated part of the industry. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

What on Earth are you talking about? There are a lot of people that want to re-experience classics in HD. This game for instance, is in desperate need of a remake. If you don't care about them then don't buy them, but don't act like you speak for everyone. Also you're deluded if you think that most games that come out are remakes/remasters LMAO. Remakes and remasters make up a small percentage of games on the market, so they're by no means a saturated part of the industry. 

If you feel that this game needs a remake, good for you, I hope you enjoy it. My opinion is that it doesn’t.