Trophy percentages

Bahamut_82

Hey all, I've been wondering why there are two different percentages shown next to a trophy. I recently acquired the platinum for FFVII Remake and on my psn it says its ultra rare with like a 4% acquire rate I believe. Then when I look on here it says its uncommon with 22% acquire rate. Why are there two different numbers and how exactly are they calculated? Thanks for any help in explaining. 

1 hour ago, Bahamut_82 said:

Hey all, I've been wondering why there are two different percentages shown next to a trophy. I recently acquired the platinum for FFVII Remake and on my psn it says its ultra rare with like a 4% acquire rate I believe. Then when I look on here it says its uncommon with 22% acquire rate. Why are there two different numbers and how exactly are they calculated? Thanks for any help in explaining. 

4% - Internal SONY PSN statistics, based on the all synced trophies from all ever-synced accounts to PSN.

22% - PSNP site statistics " not affiliated with Sony or PlayStation in any way", based only on the profiles which are being updated on this site, so not all existing ever-logged-to-SONY-PSN-IDs.

More or less :D.

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

And so what it comes down to is what do you believe?

Do you believe PSNP statistics better represent trophy difficulty since it is more representative of trophy hunters?

Or do you believe that the statistics of all users worldwide tells a more telling tale?

It is worth noting that on occasion PSNP rarity will be worse than psn rarity. Very occasionally.

I for one go by PSNP rarity.

5 hours ago, Smashero said:

4% - Internal SONY PSN statistics, based on the all synced trophies from all ever-synced accounts to PSN.

22% - PSNP site statistics " not affiliated with Sony or PlayStation in any way", based only on the profiles which are being updated on this site, so not all existing ever-logged-to-SONY-PSN-IDs.

More or less :D.

Ok, thanks for clarifying that for me. I just didn't understand why there were two different percentages listed, but that makes more sense to me now. I had a hunch that mightve been the reason. Thanks.

48 minutes ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

And so what it comes down to is what do you believe?

Do you believe PSNP statistics better represent trophy difficulty since it is more representative of trophy hunters?

Or do you believe that the statistics of all users worldwide tells a more telling tale?

It is worth noting that on occasion PSNP rarity will be worse than psn rarity. Very occasionally.

I for one go by PSNP rarity.

Well, since I'm not really a bonafide trophy hunter I guess it doesn't matter which percentage I believe, lol. I will say though, it is nice to know that when I do get a platinum trophy for a game and I see how few people aquire it either on PSN as a whole or on PSNP it gives me some sense of accomplishment. Finishing off FF7 Remake was a must for me and to see that nearly 23% of people who played it (according to PSNP) actually aquired it, it isn't surprising.

• Like 1

The internal ratings from SONY in my opinion give you a much better representation of the rarity values of the trophies. A website like PSNP only has a fraction of the total player-base. If everyone who isn't a member of the site registered to the site, every trophy rarity would be affected, some trophies would be rarer others would be less rare.

Edited by LancashireLad87

9 minutes ago, LancashireLad87 said:

The internal ratings from SONY in my opinion give you a much better representation of the rarity values of the trophies. A website like PSNP only has a fraction of the total player-base. If everyone who isn't a member of the site registered to the site, every trophy rarity would be affected, some trophies would be rarer others would be less rare.

As long as you acknowledge that Sony does absolutely zero control over hacked profiles.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, DaivRules said:

As long as you acknowledge that Sony does absolutely zero control over hacked profiles.

Very fair point but I'm sure Sony doesn't care in the slightest about people who hack trophies, all they care about is revenue. Since joining the site, I have noticed a lot of people within our community who are very observant at deducing a hacked list from a legitimate one to help clean the leaderboards which should be commended.

• Like 1

for the most part i tend to lean toward psnp rarity cause as stated above sony doesn't do anything about cheated trophies where as psnp does all it can to remove them from the equation. i know there are many people on here who are in no way a trophy hunter, there are lots that just play for fun and come here to chat and use guides or find friends to play with so i think its fair representation of the trophies rareity if on a smaller scale. reading this back i hope my point is clear. at work and its been a long day. ill clarify if needed.

PSNP is full of trophy hunters and so the percentages are much higher. It doesn't count users not registered on this site, which is the majority as this site is English. So it excludes the entirety of non-English regions like Japan which has a lot of players, asia and Europe who may not use this site compared to the US, and probably UK and Aus as well. Also people who don't hunt trophies probably wouldn't bother register here, like none of my friends IRL hunt trophies and also do not know about this site. I'm the only one who is a trophy hunter out of my friends, and I have a lot of gamer friends in real life but have yet to meet someone who even knows what a platinum even is.