Suggestion in regards to Missing Timestamps.

Guess this topic would be twofold. 

1. Do you think Sony would ever offer a solution to MT trophies. Such as allowing accounts to only delete a certain number of trophy lists (of course with 2SV enabled and security questions)? Not necessarily going crazy, but allowing a profile to have a set number of actual times they can delete a trophy list, and cannot be within more than a 6 month period? I know some threads mentioned how this would not be possible due to fragmenting, but if they were able to provide a workaround for PSN ID changes ( even if it has issues), so maybe there is hope?

2. I have read pretty much every topic on MT, and have seen some suggestions on possible workarounds. But, what if missing timestamp trophies (only) could be adjusted in your date log? They would still show as a missing timestamp, but you could slot them in the right location. Of course this would have its limitations, such as it cannot be placed AFTER the platinum is earned for that game.

I don't know, it was just a thought. I really shouldn't let it bother me, but I can't help that it does. Worse comes to worse, I could always make my account private. (btw I am on a secondary account used with a friend for streaming)

1. No, I don't think Sony will. This only affects the smallest fraction of their user base and isn't worth the effort on their part.

2. Implementing a system that would allow people to just place their missing timestamp trophies in whatever order they choose sounds like a programming nightmare, that again, only impacts the tiniest fraction of users.

This implementation would affect me, and I must say it would be nice to have timestamps on those trophies, but it makes my head spin before even beginning to think how this could be implemented. I got my inFamous 2 PS3 bundle in November of 2011, but did not connect my PS3 to the internet until January of 2012. This time span affected quite a few of my games, and again, while it would be nice to see those timestamps there rather than "Platinum with missing timestamps", the logistics behind this change is to gargantuan, especially compared to how many players it affects and even more so with the urgency of other PSN issues still unresolved/under-performing, or just other requests in general.

4 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

This implementation would affect me, and I must say it would be nice to have timestamps on those trophies, but it makes my head spin before even beginning to think how this could be implemented. I got my inFamous 2 PS3 bundle in November of 2011, but did not connect my PS3 to the internet until January of 2012. This time span affected quite a few of my games, and again, while it would be nice to see those timestamps there rather than "Platinum with missing timestamps", the logistics behind this change is to gargantuan, especially compared to how many players it affects and even more so with the urgency of other PSN issues still unresolved/under-performing, or just other requests in general.

That is a fair point. I am not even sure how much coding that would take to correct..

I only have two, but since they are not my first timestamps earned it throws my whole list out of wack. And you're right, with PS5 just around the corner and more pressing issues and updates they need to work on, it most likely will never be addressed.

Guess I am not sure what to do at this point. I don't want to start over, but I don't really want to see the missing timestamp all the time. Guess I could set my profile as private and move on.

52 minutes ago, DeathSquidGames said:

Just for clarification; When you say impacts, do you mean that MT are only on a small fraction of users profiles? Or that it doesn't really make a difference to the majority of players who have this issue?

I meant the first thing, but the second is also true.

4 hours ago, DeathSquidGames said:

Gotcha. Do you think it is worth starting a new profile over?

That's a very personal decision. I, for example, hide all the games I completed so I only see what I haven't completed yet when I look here. That's not going to work for a lot of people who don't use this site like that. You have to decide what works for you and go with whatever that is.

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

That's a very personal decision. I, for example, hide all the games I completed so I only see what I haven't completed yet when I look here. That's not going to work for a lot of people who don't use this site like that. You have to decide what works for you and go with whatever that is.

Thanks for the input. I think what you do is actually a great way to use the site. Kinda like a check off list. I have quite a few games on my account that I personally don’t feel are worth doing again. 

Not sure what my end plan is, but leaning toward what you do or just setting the profile as private. Out of site out of mind, right?

You can always hide the games that only have the missing timestamps trophies and all your stats would be readjusted, including milestones and whatnot. Of course it's not ideal for any case, but it's an easy and fast solution that doesn't hurt "much" in the long run. No need to make the entire profile private, just the few trophy lists with trophies with missing timestamps.

Talking specifically about the 2 discussion points brought in original post:

1. I don't think Sony cares enough to implement anything of the sort. Name-changing featured was highly requested even back when PS3 was Sony's main console and look how much time it took for Sony to implement it. I wouldn't really have any hopes of that.

2. While I support the idea of each user being able to manually set the date of missing timestamps and adjusting individual game leaderboards as that trophy list having MT (Otherwise it can really mess up fastest achievers), I don't know how feasible it would be from technical viewpoint and how much time it would take code that. I believe this has been suggested quite a few times in the past, but nothing came out of it, so yeah, I wouldn't have high hopes for this to happen either.

17 hours ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

You can always hide the games that only have the missing timestamps trophies and all your stats would be readjusted, including milestones and whatnot. Of course it's not ideal for any case, but it's an easy and fast solution that doesn't hurt "much" in the long run. No need to make the entire profile private, just the few trophy lists with trophies with missing timestamps.

Talking specifically about the 2 discussion points brought in original post:

1. I don't think Sony cares enough to implement anything of the sort. Name-changing featured was highly requested even back when PS3 was Sony's main console and look how much time it took for Sony to implement it. I wouldn't really have any hopes of that.

2. While I support the idea of each user being able to manually set the date of missing timestamps and adjusting individual game leaderboards as that trophy list having MT (Otherwise it can really mess up fastest achievers), I don't know how feasible it would be from technical viewpoint and how much time it would take code that. I believe this has been suggested quite a few times in the past, but nothing came out of it, so yeah, I wouldn't have high hopes for this to happen either.

I would hide it, but I already platinumed it before realizing it. Which is unfortunate.

I agree that is probably very low on Sony’s to do list or never even made it onto the list.

To be fair I didn’t even know that it was even on my account till I looked it up on this site. But yeah it would prob be a coding nightmare. Just hate it messes up the whole order of the trophies obtained.

17 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Honestly?  Not worth it. Missing timestamp doesnt really mean anything bad and it's probably a lot of work to recreate your profile over 2 missing timestamps 

That is a good point. And I would hate not to see my progress over my time with this profile and have a first Timestamp as 2020.

Still debating on just hiding the profile, idk.