Should cheaters have opportunity to gain back access to the leaderboards?

Dylan-Mehl

Just now, PermaFox said:

Why let them back on?

Read, I guess.

8 hours ago, NordicSaiyan said:

I think you shouldn't worry about the leardboards for the reasons explained in the first comments but moreover be cause it's not going to happen. I can in part understand you (if is true) be cause of course at that time you will not know that it's, like if someone play BO2 multiplayer and a hacker pop the trophies for him and he doesn't know it before entering here but you just can't do nothing about it.

My advice be your own learderboard with your friends/players you respect and feel great for what you archieve be cause that should be your own satisfaction and fun after all also it's not like in real life or here someone is going to treat you bad for that and if it happen just ignore

(I don't support cheaters) but I try to sympathize with those that strangely got involved in this without knowing

Thanks, I appreciate this response.

If your account has hacked trophies on it, it would make more sense to start a new account if you can about the leaderboards. It’s much easier and fairer to everyone if they are excluded as a general rule, why should anyone else have to moderate and verify someone’s account specifically to give them a second chance after they turned their list illegitimate?

(I still believe being hacked like in BLOP2 and other specific examples shouldn’t affect someone’s account as they didn’t actively try to cheat)

10 minutes ago, N1NJ4_V4MP1R3 said:

If your account has hacked trophies on it, it would make more sense to start a new account if you can about the leaderboards. It’s much easier and fairer to everyone if they are excluded as a general rule, why should anyone else have to moderate and verify someone’s account specifically to give them a second chance after they turned their list illegitimate?

(I still believe being hacked like in BLOP2 and other specific examples shouldn’t affect someone’s account as they didn’t actively try to cheat)

They don't have to, it's a question. They may care, they may not care. I didn't expect a 'Yes, what a sick idea you have - Lets do it!'. I did expect a discussion on make things better. I don't want any sympathy but I was 12 years old at the time of using the save data to pop 5 DLC trophies. There should be a second chance given people to who didn't cheat except for one time. Nonetheless its still my own fault though.

1 hour ago, Dylan-Mehl said:

They don't have to, it's a question. They may care, they may not care. I didn't expect a 'Yes, what a sick idea you have - Lets do it!'. I did expect a discussion on make things better. I don't want any sympathy but I was 12 years old at the time of using the save data to pop 5 DLC trophies. There should be a second chance given people to who didn't cheat except for one time. Nonetheless its still my own fault though.

There is a chance, if it’s one time you can hide the game and move on, don’t u know that already?

• Like 1

there are certain games that I would like to see whitelisted but aside from that I think the 3-strike rule is fair and that cheated trophies should not be allowed back on the leaderboards...I don't think the onus should be on site staff to remediate such actions by having to watch and decide on the authenticity of playthroughs of cheaters re-earning trophies as was suggested here...it should be on the player...meaning, if you regret cheating when you were 12 and don't want hidden trophies on your account, take responsibility, start a new profile, and don't cheat...no need to make the system better imo, it's already good enough...

• Like 1

Just a thought, and it's not what you're after - but would un-hiding LBP2, saving a screenshot of your milestones or copy of the page, and then re-hiding it for the leaderboards be worth something? It'd give you the ability to pull it up as wanted, at least, and you could decide if you wanted to redo it every now and then or just carry on with LBP2 hidden from then on.

20 hours ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

I’m still waiting for the leaderboards to be purged of Ratalailka only or majority gamers. 

20 hours ago, HaserPL said:

Same.

Back in the day where the most shameful platinum was Hannah Montana or Terminator, leaderboards meant something it competing on them was doable and fun. Now, like @steel6burgh, unless I get like 50 trophies in a few days, or get a platinum or two close to each other, I'm always either on the same spot or falling a few down. No point in even trying to bother unless you're a trophy whore with hundreds of Ratalaika stacks.

This absolutely ^

Regarding the topic, no. If they’re stupid enough to cheat the leaderboards and ruin it for hundreds to thousands of people, while doing so also encourages others to do the same, they don’t deserve a second chance.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, VegaMan-X4 said:

If it's possible for the flagged game specifically to get 0 points towards the leaderboards score while not being hidden, sure.

This. This would be fine. I don't mind about 100 points less or more. I don't need them. I just want to see my legitable score on the leaderboards with the correct displayed milestones.

If I earn my 100th platinum troph. This site still says 99th. Something about that triggers me, its frustrated.

It's obviously my own fault, but héy, I am trying to find a way to fix my mistake so I don't have to feel like 'ah I will always be a wacko, cuz I cheated once'.

32 minutes ago, Dylan-Mehl said:

This. This would be fine. I don't mind about 100 points less or more. I don't need them. I just want to see my legitable score on the leaderboards with the correct displayed milestones.

If I earn my 100th platinum troph. This site still says 99th. Something about that triggers me, its frustrated.

It's obviously my own fault, but héy, I am trying to find a way to fix my mistake so I don't have to feel like 'ah I will always be a wacko, cuz I cheated once'.

I think the punishment fits the crime, mate. If it bothers you that much, just start over.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dylan-Mehl said:

I don’t think you are going to get any better answers than you already have. I would close this thread and either learn from your mistake, not use the leaderboard, or start a new account. I think if you keep this going people are going to continue to troll you.

2 hours ago, Dylan-Mehl said:

I just want to see my legitable score on the leaderboards with the correct displayed milestones.

Then this is the best solution for you: 1) Search a site with a Leaderboard where everyone can do whatever everyone wants to do or 2) Start your own site with its own Leaderboard, put paid staff into place so that they can monitor the Leaderboards with all types of specials you want to be treated with.

1 hour ago, Santa_in_Sandals said:

What the fuck, dude? You cannot fix that "mistake". You got caught and were punished for it. What do you think this is? As I've mentioned above (and ignored by you), cheaters just like yourself do not and will not get any form of concession. If it bothers you soooo fucking much, well, start over. Or you can start to act like an adult and live with the consequences of your actions.

If people can manage to live with guilt over serious things like negligent homicide, I'm pretty sure you can learn to accept your oh so messed up stats. :facepalm:
This threads reminds me of the sad truth that most people are stupid as fuck. To use the words of a true legend:

Reveal hidden contents

george-carlin-protopfhk4n.jpeg

'Act like an adult'.

Having some sort of humanity inside yourself to put your shoes in someone elses to make his/her day is called 'acting like an adult'. Some people here are acting as if I did the most terrible thing in the world. This was over 7 years ago, I was 12. There are 5 cheated LittleBigPlanet 2 expansion trophies, which aren't worth anything. They are not hard. They are not unobtainable. They just required a PlayStation Vita, which I didn't had. Why can't anyone fix a mistake he did when he was younger?

Some people have some decent reactions which I understand. But yours is just to be 'cool on the internet'.

and live with the consequences of your actions.

I don't even think those consequences are correct in the first place for situations like this.

This threads reminds me of the sad truth that most people are stupid as fuck

Just because someone asks to a solution so he can be on the leaderboards because he made a mistake when he was young makes someone stupid as fuck? I guess your own words about acting like an adult should be reconsidered by yourself.

Edited by Dylan-Mehl

15 minutes ago, Dylan-Mehl said:

'Act like an adult'.

Having some sort of humanity inside yourself to put your shoes in someone elses to make his/her day is called 'acting like an adult'. Some people here are acting as if I did the most terrible thing in the world. This was over 7 years ago, I was 12. There are 5 cheated LittleBigPlanet 2 expansion trophies, which aren't worth anything. They are not hard. They are not unobtainable. They just required a PlayStation Vita, which I didn't had. Why can't anyone fix a mistake he did when he was younger?

Some people have some decent reactions which I understand. But yours is just to be 'cool on the internet'.

I don't even think those consequences are correct in the first place for situations like this.

Just because someone asks to a solution so he can be on the leaderboards because he made a mistake when he was young makes someone stupid as fuck? I guess your own words about acting like an adult should be reconsidered by yourself.

I have been nice to you throughout your entire thread. Take my advice. I strongly recommend you close it. The decision makers are not reading this and it is devolving quickly.

14 minutes ago, Dylan-Mehl said:

Maybe you should begin with acting as an adult, stop whining about consequences of things you did as a child. Start a new account and close this thread. Or should somebody else ask a mod to close this for you on your behalf?

No doesn't need to happen. Honestly I've helped others boosts or had friends that have had their trophies removed from the leaderboards. Sometimes it was they caught for something they did way back as you once explained. Other times they might've joined a hacked lobby where those trophies got forcibly hacked without them wanting too. But all of them do it legit now wether their on the leaderboards or not it doesn't hurt them. It's more of a personal accomplishment then a public one they want in the end. And I feel for most hunters this could be agreed to an extent.

And if there was ever a way or reason for people to get reinstated it's going to be a lot of work for the site team, a huge headache and a even larger inbox of people asking to get their accounts reinstated. (God we all know how many posts we see per week about "I was banned from the leaderboards" before admins delete them or close them).

There could be the option of having two leaderboards one official (the current one) and then one unofficial (for everyone including banned players). But that would do nothing but just create a similar situation of people complaining their not on the official one still.

• Like 1

I'll re-post this hypothetical question again since it seems that OP missed it the first time:

What if Lance Armstrong (Former racing cyclist), who got many of his Tour de France wins revoked by usage of doping substances, if he ever won another Tour de France later on in his life, should all 'cheated' wins from the years before be credited back to him?

12 minutes ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

I'll re-post this hypothetical question again since it seems that OP missed it the first time:

What if Lance Armstrong (Former racing cyclist), who got many of his Tour de France wins revoked by usage of doping substances, if he ever won another Tour de France later on in his life, should all 'cheated' wins from the years before be credited back to him?

You're right about that. But lets say Hamilton wins the Formule 1 and he cheats on one of the 17 Grand Prixs (he probably will be qualified this GP). The other 16 are still worth something, I only cheated 5 of the 80 trophies of the game. Those 5 trophies don't have to count towards my leaderboards. All I care about is the milestones displayed correctly while my legitable points still count towards the leaderboards. Those 5 trophies are cheated, so they can be treated as cheated.

Edited by Dylan-Mehl

Just now, Dylan-Mehl said:

You're right about that. But's lets say Hamilton wins the Formule 1 and he cheats on one of the 17 Grand Prixs. The other 16 are still worth something, I only cheated 5 of the 80 trophies of the game. Those 5 trophies don't have to count towards my leaderboards. All I care about is the milestones displayed correctly while my legitable points still count towards the leaderboards. Those 5 trophies are cheated, so they can be treated as cheated.

If he cheats in one of the Grand Prix, he is out for the entire year's competition, possibly tainted for life (As not many racing teams would ever want to associate with him). That's way more harsh than the treatment you get here, since you can always hide 2 flagged trophy lists and continue to be on the leaderboards.

4 minutes ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

If he cheats in one of the Grand Prix, he is out for the entire year's competition, possibly tainted for life (As not many racing teams would ever want to associate with him). That's way more harsh than the treatment you get here, since you can always hide 2 flagged trophy lists and continue to be on the leaderboards.

That's not true. Ferrari cheated some Grand Prixes of the previous season, they are not tained for life.

Edited by Dylan-Mehl